The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If this is anything like "Gift of Screws," I am totally down!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
But that's also what happened to TITN. I really enjoy SYW so another one like that wouldn't be a bad thing in my eyes.
I think both TITN and SYW were great. Of course, I wish Lindsey had not had to wait until SYW to use the material he already had ready for the old version of GOS. It would be nice if Fleetwood Mac took their time and built up all new material, but we also have to realize that time is not something they have a lot of. At their age, health concerns could end up putting a stop to things at any moment, so taking lots of time may not be an option.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

a new album would be incredible, i do believe however my heart would burst with excitement though. can you imagine if christine were to even join in??
Old 12-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Am I being too negative if I say I'm not holding my breath?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy View Post
i would say you are being realistic, because its just like holidayroad said, at their age, who knows what to expect.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixgypsy View Post
I'm not planning my future around it, I'm just being realistically optimistic. If I switch off emotion, and go purely into logic, we know everyone wasn't entirely satisfied with Say You Will. I know Lindsey feels it was a compromised effort, and Stevie doesn't care for the end product either. I say they'll throw down the gauntlet and record one last album, if only to leave their legacy on a higher note. I know that's something absolutely all parties involved are interested in.

I sense that's what Stevie did with Trouble In Shangri La, as she hated Street Angel. She recorded what she felt was the best album of her career, and left it at that. She clearly doesn't want to record another solo record. Lindsey has more to say as an artist, but I have a feeling that will come in the form of solo albums (after one last Mac album is recorded). I think the band clearly recognizes they goofed with Say You Will. Stevie freely admits to hating her songs on it, and Lindsey is even relenting and agreeing an outside producer is needed for the next Mac album. I think it'll happen, because of egos, if for nothing else.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
If this is anything like "Gift of Screws," I am totally down!
i actually LOVE GOS...i'm surprised i liked it so much
i'm a Stevie!fan and i gotta say i probably like is better than TISL

but im in the minority im sure, over in the corner in the I LOVE SYW camp and as much as i love it...i still feel like we should be given one more record, with totally kick ass **** on it. SnL and the whole band are just jiving really well together atm on this tour. if they take all that good energy into the studio.... who knows what could be created

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 12-12-2009 at 05:38 PM..
Old 12-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
i actually LOVE GOS...i'm surprised i liked it so much
i'm a Stevie!fan and i gotta say i probably like is better than TISL
I'm definitely a Stevie boy all the way too, but I can say without a doubt, that Gift Of Screws is Lindsey's best material, period... with or without the Mac. It's innovative, yet familiar. A full range of material: rock, ballads, folk, pop, acoustic... all in one incredibly tight, concise package. The album is a textbook definition of everything that Lindsey's ever been and stood for. I love Out Of The Cradle, and most all of Lindsey's Mac stuff... but he just totally nailed the mark with Gift Of Screws. As did Stevie for Trouble In Shangri La. It's like they both finally figured out how to make the absolutely perfect album after decades long careers. And that's why I am so anxious for one last really wonderful Mac album. I know they have the potential!!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

but im in the minority im sure, over in the corner in the I LOVE SYW camp and as much as i love it...i still feel like we should be given one more record, with totally kick ass **** on it. SnL and the whole band are just jiving really well together atm on this tour. if they take all that good energy into the studio.... who knows what could be created
No, I'm with you. I am happy with SYW and grateful for it. I just want more, not to redeem SYW though. I don't think SYW needs redemption.

This reminds me of Curb Your Enthusiasm where everyone (including Jerry Seinfeld) told Larry that they had to do the reunion show right, because they'd already ruined one Seinfeld series finale and Larry kept saying, "it wasn't ruined. There was nothing wrong with that finale!"

Michele
Old 12-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
and he said yes along with a cryptic statement which went something along the lines of "and we will have something special for you next summer, but thats all im going to say at this point."
They've perfected the anamatronic Christine McVie???

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I definitely agree that no new album should be rushed... that we want an album that can stand shoulder to shoulder with the best they've recorded.
By their standards, I say rush it. Albums don't have to be perfect. In fact, most of my favorite albums have some type of flaw that make the album better than a flawless album.

Maybe if it weren't for the fact that I've seen how fast an album can actually be made I'd agree. But, just to provide a contrast, Bob Pollard released six studio albums, a magazine of his collages, a 100 song 4-CD box set of previously unreleased material (his third such box, BTW), a DVD, and a bootleg of his 2008 tour in 2009 alone. Making music, good music at that, is easy if you cut out all of the BS and just do it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-13-2009, 05:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I love it too! I don't understand how they're not proud of their own songs on it, Goodbye Baby, Murrow Turning Over, Bleed To Love Her, Destiny Rules, among others are their strongest songs in years. I wonder how it could have sounded as a 1 disc, 4 Stevie songs 4 Lindsey songs 4 Christine In The Meantime songs album?
Old 12-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmSir3 View Post
Goodbye Baby, Murrow Turning Over, Bleed To Love Her, Destiny Rules, among others are their strongest songs in years.
That group alone represents about a 25-year span of composition.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmSir3 View Post
I love it too! I don't understand how they're not proud of their own songs on it, Goodbye Baby, Murrow Turning Over, Bleed To Love Her, Destiny Rules, among others are their strongest songs in years. I wonder how it could have sounded as a 1 disc, 4 Stevie songs 4 Lindsey songs 4 Christine In The Meantime songs album?
AMEN! i totally agree with both of you! and i do believe that would be an incredible disc. but say you will is definitely my favorite album.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
but say you will is definitely my favorite album.
Of all time, or Fleetwood Mac?