The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

not that Stevie's word means anything but according to her, the were supposed to have a January meeting to discuss the future plans of The Mac. Perhaps they already had the meeting during their break...

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 12-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Or on the 80 hour flight from LA to Auckland
Old 12-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Oh I agree, the market won't be ready next summer to absorb more Mac concerts. They've already hit Madison Square Garden alone 3 times this year, right? They had to cancel at least Greensboro for lack of sales. Unless the economy goes through the roof in the next 6 months, they should put off touring for a little while.
I agree... Take some time off - get back to recording something, then come out again... I honestly don't get the impression they will tour again come spring. Last year tickets for the March shows started going onsale in Dec 08... Plus haven't they pretty much combed through all the major and secondary markets this past year. Maybe if they go out again in the summer and do those outdoor venues you have in the states that will be decided at this January meeting... Personally, I think they've toured enough this past year and should have a good enough base to go back in to record.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My friend Torri who most of you know here went to Mick's meet and greet thing in Manchester NH in June and she asked him point blank are you guys coming back to the states next year and he said yes along with a cryptic statement which went something along the lines of "and we will have something special for you next summer, but thats all im going to say at this point."
Old 12-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well Mick is going out with the MFBB in Feb and March back down in Aus, right? Is he touring anywhere else? So that cuts him out of the picture for a little while.

I do remain optimistic that we will see something new from them, but I just don't see them cranking something quickly. I can see them taking the first half of the year off, going into the studio the second half of 2010 and then backing a new album out on tour in 2011.

Having said that, I do hope that they don't lose all the momentum and synergy they created touring together this year if they wait more than a few months to get back together.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
My friend Torri who most of you know here went to Mick's meet and greet thing in Manchester NH in June and she asked him point blank are you guys coming back to the states next year and he said yes along with a cryptic statement which went something along the lines of "and we will have something special for you next summer, but thats all im going to say at this point."
You know? That really sets the little hamster on the wheel in my brain into motion . Since they've all talked about using outside producers, I wonder how quickly that could fast track a new album? After all, Lindsey is the consummate studio dawdler... he took 14 years in between Out Of The Cradle and Under The Skin . Maybe the band is going to take a more cerebral approach to recording this time around (just record what they feel without second guessing it)... then let the producers and mixers have a field day with it. We could get an album pretty quickly if that were the case. I can't see it happening, but it's certainly on the outer fringes of the realm of possibility .
Old 12-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Or on the 80 hour flight from LA to Auckland
Good one.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I might be in the minority here when I say this, but I really, really hope they don't make another album. Say You Will was far from great and I think it's just a waste of time without Christine.

I would like them to finish up this tour and for Stevie to go into the studio ALONE and make her own album. I want new solo material.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Supporting Ledgie

I hear ya equeen. On the other hand, i want them to make a new album (in the least) so they can top Say You Will. That was not a good record to "end" on.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I hear ya equeen. On the other hand, i want them to make a new album (in the least) so they can top Say You Will. That was not a good record to "end" on.
My train of thought is this: Lindsey's Gift Of Screws was fantastic and Stevie's Trouble In Shangri La was really great... why can't they make just as good, if not better of an album together? They just can't leave the Mac legacy ending with Say You Will... they just can't .

I agree that Christine was one of the essential ingredients that made the Rumours band magical... but that shouldn't mean the Mac is incapable of making good music without her. Buckingham Nicks was a good, solid album... and anything with a John McVie-Mick Fleetwood rhythm section is redeeming in one way or another. All of this logic tells us they must be able to give us one last good album under the Mac moniker.

It seems it's egos and feelings that are ensnaring everyone... maybe they can figure out a way around that with outside producers, and a will to record a final, kick ass record. I've becoming pretty pessimistic the past 5 years or so when it comes to Fleetwood Mac... but I have to believe they can wow us one last time! If they truly want to and go into it with pure motives and open minds, they can accomplish it... no doubt!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I'm more shocked/surprised that Torri paid for a meet & greet! Would be nice to see her again.

But, back to the point- Mick's a charlatan- no sense listening to him.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Registered

There aren't that many secondary markets left for FM to hit next year. Portland's the biggest market they skipped in '09, and take it from me that they'd go over like a lead balloon here right now.

If they have any business sense/Geritol left, they'll realize its best to take '10 off and come back in '11 for whatever it is they have left for us.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I'm more shocked/surprised that Torri paid for a meet & greet! Would be nice to see her again.

But, back to the point- Mick's a charlatan- no sense listening to him.
I think she only paid like $150 for the whole thing it was one of those Ebay auctions. And Let's not kid ourselves here by that time who the hell was gonna pay $800 or whatever it was that was the original asking price!
Old 12-11-2009, 03:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm all for a new album and excited about the prospects. As for another tour, unless they played smaller, more intimate venues, I don't think touring again would be a good thing and they should know this too, after the way they saturated the market in 2004, following the success of 2003.

Michele
When you say "smaller, more intimate venues" it makes me think of places like Antone's in Austin, TX. It would be ****ING AMAZING to see Fleetwood Mac at such a small venue. However, they would have to limit tickets and jack the price up.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
When you say "smaller, more intimate venues" it makes me think of places like Antone's in Austin, TX. It would be ****ING AMAZING to see Fleetwood Mac at such a small venue. However, they would have to limit tickets and jack the price up.
To play someplace like Antone's they'd have to ditch the 400 backing musicians, half dozen backing vocalists, guitar techs, and just play MUSIC! That'd be the most kick ass show ever... Austinites wouldn't accept any less!