Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Some UTS tabs/tunings

I've done some tabs from UTS and thought I'd share them here on the Ledge since I'd had a few PMs about them. I've put the links to www.powertabs.net since the program needed to view them is free, but I also have them uploaded at another site in .gp5 format at another site if anyone really wants them in that format.

You might have to register to get into powertabs.net, but it's free!

Could people who download them please leave me a rating on powertabs.net? Pretty please? If you think I've messed up bad in one of the tabs please let me know (in this thread I guess) so that I can take another look and fix anything. I want the tabs to be as good as possible.

Not Too Late

Tuning - Open F (C F C F A C)

Show You How
Tuning - I just put it in standard
Just did this really quickly. Don't expect anything mind-blowing.

Shut Us Down
Tuning - Sort of a varient of Open E tuning. It's Open E moved down a string, and the low sounding E tuned to C#, giving you C# E B E G# B.
The MIDI playback on this tab isn't great, but if you actually play it it sounds fine (to me anyway).

To Try For The Sun
Tuning - Open A tuning slightly flat (E A E A C# E)
Four 5/5 ratings for this one on powertabs.net, though one is from someone who doesn't know the song I think I need to tidy up the finger positionings in the second half of the chorus though.

I Am Waiting
Tuning(not double checked) - On Soundstage he has a capo at 5 and is playing in Open A tuned down 1/2 a step (D# G# D# G# C D#), so more or less he is playing Open A with a capo at 4.
On the album it sounds like he is playing Open A with a capo at the second fret, but if he is doing it similar to Soundstage he will actually be playing Open A down 1/2 a step with Capo 3.

Down On Rodeo
(live)
Tuning: Open G. Studio version is Open G w/ Capo 1

Cast Away Dreams - I did upto the first chorus when the mp3s were put up on his site, so I'll finish this after I do IAW.
Tuning - Open Gb (Db Gb Db Gb Bb Db)

Down On Rodeo and Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
Tuning - See MiniLindsey's thread here

If anyone knows any of the others or if I'm wrong then be sure to shout!

Last edited by Peestie; 01-30-2007 at 03:18 PM..
Old 10-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you any of these songs in regular html? When I d/l them I can't open them up on any programs.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't. Sorry! If you go to www.power-tab.net and then go to downloads you can get the program that opens them. It's free and really small.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wow, i didnt realize you were on the ledge! the second i saw try for the sun tab on 911tabs.com i couldnt download the software fast enough. i have all your fm/lb tabs and they are awesome!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't realise it was on 911tabs.com lol, well I suppose as long as it is getting shared out that all that matters, really... Any chance you could leave a rating on powertabs for one or two of them? Constructive criticism welcome as well.

Glad you like the tabs. I have a couple more FM tabs as well that need touched up a little before I submit them anywhere and I'm about 1/3 done I Am Waiting right now.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good work, Peestie. I checked them out at work, but I'm excited to download and try them out here at home with my guitar. I'll be more than glad to leave you some feedback the next time I visit powertabs.

You're quick!
Old 10-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yeah i will gladly leave you feedback once im on my comp. again which should be later today. Cant wait for "i am waiting"!
Old 10-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshywashy377 View Post
Cant wait for "i am waiting"!
Just finished it there now. I'm going over it and checking/tidying it before I submit it. Should be there pretty soon.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

how do you do it peestie,
i just cant figure out how you do it. But jaysus its great.
Keep up the good work. Do you know how long ive been waiting for i am waiting.
Try for the sun is great, and shut us douw is too difficult for me right now.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I Am Waiting has been submitted, so I just need to wait for it to be accepted. I'll put the link up for it then.

That's all the non-strummed songs from UTS done, with the exception of Down On Rodeo. As much as I'd love to do DOR since it's one of my favourite LB songs I just don't see it happening any time soon. There are just so many overdubs by the end of it that it gets really confusing. I'll maybe give it a go in a few months. I suppose I can always do the Soundstage version since it's much more stripped down. I'm going to finish CAD next I think. After that I'll probably finish a load of Lindsey's FM songs that I started. If there are any songs anyone would like me to try I can give it a go. No promises because some of them might turn out too hard for me, but I'll give it my best shot.

Hope you all like them.

Last edited by Peestie; 10-22-2006 at 04:16 PM..
Old 10-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Its hard to go back to regular tabs after learning about powertabs, jeez! The only ones i can think of that would be really cool to learn would be like say goodbye, destiny rules or world turning. just some ideas! im anxious for i am waiting to clear, thanks so much!
Old 10-23-2006, 04:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshywashy377 View Post
Its hard to go back to regular tabs after learning about powertabs, jeez! The only ones i can think of that would be really cool to learn would be like say goodbye, destiny rules or world turning. just some ideas! im anxious for i am waiting to clear, thanks so much!
I've made an edit to my original post to put in the link to IAW, so there you go

I was thinking of doing Say Goodbye soon as well, so I'll get it done soon. And to answer your question from PowerTabs - I do plan on doing the entire album, but I'm not so good at working out the strumming ones (UTS, SGCYM, FDJ) because of the overdubs and stuff, and chords aren't my strong point so these songs will take a bit longer than the ones I've done so far. CAD is easy enough because the two guitars are in different channels i.e. one in the left and the other in the right.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

Sounds good, thanks so much for doing them and giving bored kids like me something to do!
Old 10-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Ledgie

How about his cover of Love Minus Zero/No Limits? Great tabs, by the way. I've been long stumped on these funny tuning songs; these tabs will help me get familiar with open tunings now. Thanks!

Adam
Old 11-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by larg View Post
How about his cover of Love Minus Zero/No Limits?
I'll do Say Goodbye and then I'll try this one, but it sounds like there is a lot going on in the song if I remember right (can't really remember) so I'll not make any promises.