Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Pandora-LB

Ever listed to Pandora, and get a little ticked off when someone not ever remotely close to the music you picked pops up.

Listening to Pandora, and I'm constantly getting Chris Issak....WTH

Have you had anyone weird pop up?
Old 01-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ha! I like Chris Isaak. I love some of his stuff. My problem is a lot of it tends to sound alike. But I guess Pandora would have me pegged right. I like FM, Lindsey, Stevie, Christine and maybe that would cause them to give me Isaak.

Michele
Old 01-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Ever listed to Pandora, and get a little ticked off when someone not ever remotely close to the music you picked pops up.

i'm constantly getting Stevie Nicks as the first choice, at every single one of these programs. hello!! yes they are connected but her music is so different from LB's music i listen to. used to pi**ed me off a lot, now i just know better. maybe beats upcoming streaming service will be better?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm constantly getting Stevie Nicks as the first choice, at every single one of these programs. hello!! yes they are connected but her music is so different from LB's music i listen to.
Chris is friends with Stevie, so if I like Lindsey's music, I'd like Chris's music? Or Stevie's music, for that matter?? In fact, I like a few of Stevie's solo songs (though there's no reason why Pandora should assume that, as the songs that I like of hers, are nothing like Lindsey's), and really, I don't care for any of Chris's, and maybe that's why I don't bother with stuff like Pandora. Until it connects me with other artists, based on the music, rather than degrees of separation, it's worthless.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

steve miller band last night......

I play the LB channel every night at bath time for my two boys ( 2 yrs, and 5 months), trying to get them hooked early....but come on give the good stuff pandora
Old 01-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not Pandora, but I'm listening the the Lindsey Buckingham channel on spotify which is very similar. They keep giving me Robbie Robertson, Crosby, Stills, and Nash (plus the solo works of CSN), Richard Thompson, Jackson Browne, Mott the Hoople, and Todd Rundgren. I'm pretty much thumbing down anything not Lindsey hoping to get something different, but they keep throwing the same artists back at me. They did give me Sick of You off of the This is 40 soundtrack.

Last edited by redtulip; 01-29-2014 at 04:16 PM..
Old 01-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Not Pandora, but I'm listening the the Lindsey Buckingham channel on spotify which is very similar. They keep giving me Robbie Robertson, Crosby, Stills, and Nash (plus the solo works of CSN), Richard Thompson, Jackson Browne, Mott the Hoople, and Todd Rundgren. I'm pretty much thumbing down anything not Lindsey hoping to get something different, but they keep throwing the same artists back at me. They did give me Sick of You off of the This is 40 soundtrack.
although i'd like much better getting those choices than getting SN.

and this just reminded me - it's been a great few days on twitter getting all these tweets about LB at grammys, talking how great it was, pointing to various videos of their performance, complaining about it being cutoff, etc etc, instead of all the usual crap tweets that either talk about trouble or how he should forever be with SN.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-29-2014, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and this just reminded me - it's been a great few days on twitter getting all these tweets about LB at grammys, talking how great it was, pointing to various videos of their performance, complaining about it being cutoff, etc etc, instead of all the usual crap tweets that either talk about trouble
There are a lot of tweets that talk about Trouble? That surprises me.

Michele
Old 01-29-2014, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Not so much talking about, but rather, tweets saying "now playing...", "listening to...", or "just discovered..." (Trouble by Lindsey Buckingham on...)

Stuff like that.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
normally, when you do a LB search on twitter, maybe 50% of results will be mentioning trouble. of course not so these last few days. it was impossible to even weed through all the lb-mentioning tweets. but it's calming down now and trouble tweets are slowly creeping back... so i can even more appreciate how good we had it for the last week or so.

so to round it up, one of the tweets pointed to this article from few days ago (i'm getting all mixed up anymore what i've seen and what i haven't):

http://www.craveonline.com/music/art...rform#/slide/1

Grammys 2014: Watch Nine Inch Nails, QOTSA, Dave Grohl & Lindsey Buckingham Perform Together

How DARE the Grammys cut away from such an incredible collaborative rock performance?!

January 26th, 2014 Johnny Firecloud

It started out so well. Lindsey Buckingham's ridiculously rad guitar dancing over the industrial disco grind of Nine Inch Nails' "Copy of A," before shifting to a truncated version of Queens of The Stone Age's "My God is The Sun" as Dave Grohl pounded his heart out on drums and Fleetwood's Buckingham added magnificent new colors. But producers for the 2014 Grammy Awards cut to a Delta commercial, returned to roll credits and otherwise stomped all over the end of the show-ending collaborative performance, resulting in many rustled jimmies in the rock community.

Nine Inch Nails Queens of the Stone Age with… by Bear1966 (video removed in the meantime)

Like a living reenactment of the SNL skit "What's Up With That?," producers cut away during the performance of Lindsey Buckingham's post-millennial life. It's a damn shame.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had no idea that Trouble got that much attention. I'm impressed.

I know when the performance started, one guy saw Lindsey and tweeted, "Play Holiday Road," and I was going to get irritated, but then I thought, "People usually don't even know Holiday Road is Lindsey, so if he knows enough about Lindsey to say that, then it's actually a compliment. Even if I really don't want Holiday Road to represent him."

I mean, as long as they are saying something other than FM -- not that I don't think FM is the most important thing, because I do -- it's an accomplishment.

Michele
Old 01-29-2014, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had no idea that Trouble got that much attention. I'm impressed.
see at first i thought so, but now i just get irritated that's the only solo song of his most people seem to know, as i feel it really doesn't represent him well. also, it seems to be popular in some parts of latin america.

of course other tweets that you see repeatedly are the ones about tusk with pauses as lindsey buckingham intended... i like those much better.