Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I thought it was just a kiwi thing.

And, he WAS in the Split Enz.

Someone on YouTube said Neil wrote this song when he was 21 years old. The commenter then went on to say they were a complete idiot at age 21. For an artist I thought he was incredibly grounded. Now I see there's a hidden mad scientist.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Too bad that Lindsey mislead interviewers about whether the album that became Buckingham McVie had been under consideration as a potential Fleetwood Mac album.

Here's an NBC profile with Lester Holt in which Holt describes the band being back in the studio by March 2014 recording new material: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHlUROrKdzw

If I am Fleetwood Mac's lawyers, I gather all this evidence that the album was considered a potential Fleetwood Mac album, juxtapose it with Lindsey's statements to the contrary, and use it to impeach his credibility regarding his assertions about oral agreements.

The real shame of it is that Lindsey probably lied about it at the request of the band's management, or at least at the request of Stevie, and now they might be able to use that favor against him. I hope he has an e-mail or some paper trail of someone from the band or management instructing him what to say, which would to some extent exonerate him on this issue.

Last edited by cbBen; 11-12-2018 at 09:18 AM..
Old 11-12-2018, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Too bad that Lindsey mislead interviewers about whether the album that became Buckingham McVie had been under consideration as a potential Fleetwood Mac album.

Here's an NBC profile with Lester Holt in which Holt describes the band being back in the studio by March 2014 recording new material: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHlUROrKdzw

If I am Fleetwood Mac's lawyers, I gather all this evidence that the album was considered a potential Fleetwood Mac album, juxtapose it with Lindsey's statements to the contrary, and use it to impeach his credibility regarding his assertions about oral agreements.

The real shame of it is that Lindsey probably lied about it at the request of the band's management, or at least at the request of Stevie, and now they might be able to use that favor against him. I hope he has an e-mail or some paper trail of someone from the band or management instructing him what to say, which would to some extent exonerate him on this issue.
y'all are funny making mountains outta molehills. Lindsey AND Christine both toed the company line, saying that album always felt like duets album, when both the 2 of them and Mick have said in the past they were making FM album and just waiting for Stevie - since 2012. they were doing promotion, and as you say - band / management / Mick / Stevie asked them to not make her look bad for the peace in the house and future opportunity to work together as a 5.

and yes - with Fleetwood Mac, being a team player obviously doesn't get you anything. Christine and Neil hopefully are understanding that lesson.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-12-2018, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think it's a mountain; I agree it's a mole hill (see my posts earlier in this thread). I'm just saying that Fleetwood Mac's lawyers won't portray it that way, but use it to undermine his credibility about alleged oral agreements.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think it's a mountain; I agree it's a mole hill (see my posts earlier in this thread). I'm just saying that Fleetwood Mac's lawyers won't portray it that way, but use it to undermine his credibility about alleged oral agreements.
his credibility lies on way more than his words. and testimony under oath is way different than doing a promotion for new album (best album ever! is thrown around every time somebody releases one - do you REALLY think they mean it? lol!).

and if they are going by just words, then Mick and Stevie's credibility would be in the toilet.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-12-2018, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, but he claims in his lawsuit that it was initially meant to be a Fleetwood Mac album; so this particular lie is material to his legal case.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, but he claims in his lawsuit that it was initially meant to be a Fleetwood Mac album; so this particular lie is material to his legal case.
which we know is true.

so he and Chris were asked by FM to cover for Stevie in promotion for BuckVie and they did. before that promotion, and now where it matters, Lindsey is telling the truth.

so i don't really get what your problem is? but i'm not a lawyer and we have many here who can chime in.

also, not really sure why is this discussion going on in "new album" thread. i didn't think new album being discussed is Buckingham McVie.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It's just as likely to be used to show his loyalty and commitment to Fleetwood Mac...his willingness to do whatever it takes not to jeopardize the long-term future of the band.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-12-2018, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
It's just as likely to be used to show his loyalty and commitment to Fleetwood Mac...his willingness to do whatever it takes not to jeopardize the long-term future of the band.
Agree with you. Thia is of course exactly what he was doing - bending over backwards to keep Stephanie happy and not rock the boat. And yet he got fired anyway.

The hoops that one has to contort themselves through in order to come up with a way to make the BuckVie ridiculousness somehow look bad for Lindsey. He was trying to keep the band as a functioning unit first by recording and then by pretending it was never meant as a FM project to appease Stevie. Anyone with common sense and a cursory knowledge of the situation knows this.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Agree with you. Thia is of course exactly what he was doing - bending over backwards to keep Stephanie happy and not rock the boat. And yet he got fired anyway.

The hoops that one has to contort themselves through in order to come up with a way to make the BuckVie ridiculousness somehow look bad for Lindsey. He was trying to keep the band as a functioning unit first by recording and then by pretending it was never meant as a FM project to appease Stevie. Anyone with common sense and a cursory knowledge of the situation knows this.
right? and yet they do it - over and over. you know - those "positive" people!

Old 11-13-2018, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought it was just a kiwi thing.
That's strange as I've never seen Lorde or Keith Urban wear goggles.....
Old 11-13-2018, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
That's strange as I've never seen Lorde or Keith Urban wear goggles.....
Prior to this, had you ever seen Neil Finn in goggles?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-13-2018, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Prior to this, had you ever seen Neil Finn in goggles?
Actually YES