User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I would have tackled her and screamed like a little girl...

CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sign this!!!!!

no just kidding.. can you imagine?
Yeah, I think I can forgive this guy's forwardness. I'd want to hug her at least. This is a woman whose voice I've heard almost every day for the last 25 years of my life. If I met her I might even weep.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yeah, I think I can forgive this guy's forwardness. I'd want to hug her at least. This is a woman whose voice I've heard almost every day for the last 25 years of my life. If I met her I might even weep.

I can't imagine that Christine would want a stranger to hug or kiss her - we're English remember - we don't do that sort of thing

Gail
Old 11-02-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I would probably cry.. seriously
Old 11-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would probably cry.. seriously
I would behave as if I weren't interested in the slightest. But I'd brush past her nonchalantly, humming "Prove Your Love," & just keep right on walking.

You want to pique her curiosity, not maul her.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I would behave as if I weren't interested in the slightest. But I'd brush past her nonchalantly, humming "Prove Your Love," & just keep right on walking.

That's funny. I actually have fantasies of myself on a talk show with people and I do something like this. Recently, I've been thinking of myself as the 2nd guest on a David Letterman show with Ricky Gervais. The problem is, Letterman doesn't have guests slide down on the couch, so there's little hope that I'd be on at the same time as Gervais, but anyway . . . that's my fantasy: to take very little note of Ricky at all, but, while turned away from him, to casually slip a reference to Karl Pilkington (Gervais' podcast sidekick) into my conversation with Letterman.

And when Sonny was alive, I did think of humming his songs to him, just as you described -- not the popular ones. Not The Beat Goes On or I Got You Babe, but Needles and Pins, Little Man, Baby Don't Go. Something like that.

As for English reserve, I have to say that one of the things that struck me most about Lindsey's Behind the Mask appearances was the way Christine was whispering into his ear and running her fingers through his hair. I was thinking, "Hmmm, now that's something I could watch all night." Who can think about Greenpeace donations when this is going on?

Michele
Old 11-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Very good song choice -- very hummable, relatively obscure -- but I suspect it wouldn't work. She probably doesn't even remember "Prove Your Love."

Do you suppose she ever thinks about the music she recorded way back in the day ... or listens to any of her records? It would not surprise me to find out that she does not.

I wonder what she does listen to. Current popular music? Classical? Or maybe she doesn't listen to music at all. Kind of a sad thought. I hope she occasionally sits down at the piano and plays a Chopin sonata, just to amuse herself.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I wonder what she does listen to. Current popular music? Classical? Or maybe she doesn't listen to music at all. Kind of a sad thought. I hope she occasionally sits down at the piano and plays a Chopin sonata, just to amuse herself.
She did say during ITMT that she would sit down and labor through a classical piece on the piano, just to keep her chops in order. Those fingers must remain nimble!

Michele
Old 11-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Does anyone know if Christine went to Wembley on either Friday or Saturday night?

It's just that I went on Saturday night and I was quite far back and on the side but I was just about level with the mixing desk which was in the middle of the auditorium. there was a blond haired woman sitting there with a man and talking to the engineer and she was there for the whole of the concert. she didn't seem to be "working".

I wondered whether it might have been her.

Stevie didn't dedicate Landslide to her and none of the others made any mention of her so perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part

Gail
I think she will be there for the final Wembley show
Old 11-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

If I saw Christine, I'd probably be so nervous that I couldn't think straight! Also, I think 'Prove Your Love' is one of Christine's greatest songs!!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She did say during ITMT that she would sit down and labor through a classical piece on the piano, just to keep her chops in order. Those fingers must remain nimble!

Michele

mozart to be exact...
Old 11-02-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:

Funny story... I saw Steve Winwood walking before his show (Humphrie's in San Diego parking lot). I drove by him in the parking lot with his music blasting.... He looked over and smiled at me...
Old 11-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think we should all rehearse something intelligent to say to Christine if we ever do run into her while waiting in line at the grocery.

Blithering about how much we love her music ... well, she's heard it before, I think.

Any ideas?
Old 11-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
mozart to be exact...
She doesn't strike me as a Mozart gal -- at least not the piano sonatas.

She plays:

Chopin Preludes: Nos. 4, 6, 7, & 20
Beethoven Piano Sonata No. 20
Bach Prelude No. 1 from WTC Book 1
Debussy Preludes Book 1: Flaxen Hair
MacDowell's To a Wild Rose
Satie's Gymnopedie No. 1
Schumann's Scenes from Childhood, select

No Haydn piano sonatas. No Mozart piano sonatas (except the 1st movement of the C major). No Beethoven piano sonatas (except No. 20 & the 1st movement of Op. 27-2). No Bach inventions or partitas. No Handel keyboard suites. No lengthy Debussy. No Brahms (except maybe a piano intermezzo). Probably no Ravel (except a section or two from Mother Goose).

Chris follows the K.I.S.S. principle.

TRIVIA: Which of the above-listed composers did Christine quote musically (& very briefly) during a bunch of Fleetwood Mac shows in 1980?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I think we should all rehearse something intelligent to say to Christine if we ever do run into her while waiting in line at the grocery.

Blithering about how much we love her music ... well, she's heard it before, I think.

Any ideas?
I'd ask her something nerdy about her Roland EP-10 in 1976, & then appear not to be terribly interested in the answer -- or put a really puzzled look on my face when she responded.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-02-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
She doesn't strike me as a Mozart gal -- at least not the piano sonatas.

She plays:

Chopin Preludes: Nos. 4, 6, 7, & 20
Beethoven Piano Sonata No. 20
Bach Prelude No. 1 from WTC Book 1
Debussy Preludes Book 1: Flaxen Hair
MacDowell's To a Wild Rose
Satie's Gymnopedie No. 1
Schumann's Scenes from Childhood, select

No Haydn piano sonatas. No Mozart piano sonatas (except the 1st movement of the C major). No Beethoven piano sonatas (except No. 20 & the 1st movement of Op. 27-2). No Bach inventions or partitas. No Handel keyboard suites. No lengthy Debussy. No Brahms (except maybe a piano intermezzo). Probably no Ravel (except a section or two from Mother Goose).

Chris follows the K.I.S.S. principle.

TRIVIA: Which of the above-listed composers did Christine quote musically (& very briefly) during a bunch of Fleetwood Mac shows in 1980?

Chopin .