Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lis,
Thanks for the 1997 photo of John Perfect. I'd seen his pictures in those tourbooks for years never knowing that it was Christine's brother. I noticed that you've removed that picture of Cyril Perfect Jr.?

By the way, that Orange Grove comment from Stevie was from the 1988 Rockline call in radio show. John's comment about Orange County was hilarious. He had quite a few pretty funny things to say in those Rockline shows(Tango & Greatest Hits).

Yes, can you please finish Part 3 by tomorrow.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:50 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>Thanks for the 1997 photo of John Perfect. I'd seen his pictures in those tourbooks for years never knowing that it was Christine's brother. I noticed that you've removed that picture of Cyril Perfect Jr.?>>

I knew you'd appreciate the JP pic. Frankly I still think the other one was Cyril Jr, but now that i have this seed of doubt in my mind I feel better taking it down-- I'm trying to verify it w/ another source, so it may still go back up. :-)

>>By the way, that Orange Grove comment from Stevie was from the 1988 Rockline call in radio show. John's comment about Orange County was hilarious. He had quite a few pretty funny things to say in those Rockline shows(Tango & Greatest Hits).>>

I don't even know if I have the Tango Rockline thing. We may have to trade again. :-P Anything John or Chris say, you know I must hear. Actually I just checked, I have 12/5/88 and 6/18/90, those are the ones, right??

>>Yes, can you please finish Part 3 by tomorrow. >>

LOL I wish. If I put up what i have so far it would be quite disappointing, I can assure you!

--Lis
Old 07-23-2004, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin

I don't even know if I have the Tango Rockline thing. We may have to trade again. :-P Anything John or Chris say, you know I must hear. Actually I just checked, I have 12/5/88 and 6/18/90, those are the ones, right??

--Lis
No. The 1988 Rockline is the Greatest Hits one(with the Orange Grove comment). But, the 1990 Rockline is the BTM one with I believe Mick, John, Rick & Billy. There is a 1987 Rockline for Tango. I don't have the exact date. It's hilarious. Chris is very funny. There's a running joke about the DJ looking like Eric Clapton. Chris & John and the rest of them are very funny. It was in Miami while they were on the Tango tour, probably sometime in early November 1987.

If you want to trade again, you can send me an e-mail. If you no longer have my e-mail address, just send me a private message.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:55 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Macfan, thanks for jogging my memory on the Eric Clapton thing. Yes, i do have that one already. Chris took quite a fancy to that guy LOL.

I'm not so sure I have the 1990 Rockline. Will write if I can't find it....

I have to go back and give some of these things another listen.

-Lis
Old 07-23-2004, 12:31 PM
HomerMcvie
This message has been deleted by HomerMcvie.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Brilliant Lis!

Sorry to hear of the auto accident! THANK YOU for this new chapter. I can't wait for the next installment! Kudos on a majorly great read!
Old 07-27-2004, 03:04 AM
Junior Ledgie

hi lis thank you for all the nice photos by the way do you have a photo of dan you can post

thank you
songbird anne
Old 07-27-2004, 07:05 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>hi lis thank you for all the nice photos by the way do you have a photo of dan you can post
thank you
songbird anne>>

Any photo I would post of him would be taken from the videos at Chris' website...I guess I could try to get one but I'm not sure the quality would be all that great.

Glad you like the other pictures. :-)

-Lis
Old 08-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Christine Fans

I thought I would let all Christine fans know that I will be auctioning off a painting that Chris did for me in the early 1980's when I worked with her.
She painted it for my birthday and signed it by saying: Dear ___________
it's not good enough for you but it's mine Tons & Tons of love and happiness Love Chris XXXXX.
It is time that this painting is in the hands of a true fan.

Old 06-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hiya! i know no ones posted on this thread for a while (ages actually) but i just want to say that i ADORE the chris and john story and i really hope your still gonna put up the third one because its so amazing! is that happening any time soon? i hope so!!!! i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySongbird
Hiya! i know no ones posted on this thread for a while (ages actually) but i just want to say that i ADORE the chris and john story and i really hope your still gonna put up the third one because its so amazing! is that happening any time soon? i hope so!!!! i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much. Every so often i read it myself and I have to admit I love it too!

The 3rd part is about 2/3 done. i haven't worked on it in ages though....I can't get it to where I like it as much as I like the other two parts...as it's not so much of in a 'story format' as just a collection of nice quotes. so it's sort of languishing there. I have to accept that obviously part 3 will not be as good as the 1st two parts! One day i will finish it up. I've got a couple of really nice pics I'd like to add to part 3 also, I don't think I've ever seen them online before....but i digress. Thanks very much for the kind words!!

-Lis
Old 06-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The 3rd part is about 2/3 done. i haven't worked on it in ages though....I can't get it to where I like it as much as I like the other two parts...as it's not so much of in a 'story format' as just a collection of nice quotes. so it's sort of languishing there. I have to accept that obviously part 3 will not be as good as the 1st two parts! One day i will finish it up. I've got a couple of really nice pics I'd like to add to part 3 also, I don't think I've ever seen them online before....but i digress.

-Lis
I didn't know you had started it. I thought you said you weren't going to do Part 3. More new pictures... I always like to see new pictures.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I didn't know you had started it. I thought you said you weren't going to do Part 3. More new pictures... I always like to see new pictures.

Nah, I'll do it--I probably told you that i wasn't happy with how it was going. One of these days....I'll wrap it up. I'm kind of embarrassed that I've let so much time go by and still haven't finished the &%$# part 3.

It's funny, every few months or so somebody will write me out of the blue and comment on that J/C story. Some folks have been moved by one certain part of it, and others will say how they never really gave any thought to 'the other couple' in FM and how interesting it was to finally learn a bit about them. So-- since that's why I wrote it!-- those letters are pretty neat to get, I have to say.

-Lis
Old 06-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nah, I'll do it--I probably told you that i wasn't happy with how it was going. One of these days....I'll wrap it up. I'm kind of embarrassed that I've let so much time go by and still haven't finished the &%$# part 3.

It's funny, every few months or so somebody will write me out of the blue and comment on that J/C story. Some folks have been moved by one certain part of it, and others will say how they never really gave any thought to 'the other couple' in FM and how interesting it was to finally learn a bit about them. So-- since that's why I wrote it!-- those letters are pretty neat to get, I have to say.

-Lis
i would have written earlier, but i only just signed up! i actually did write a review of it a few months ago . its so great to hear that it will be finished! who cares how long its taken, its fantastic! to me john and chris are in NO way, shape or form the OTHER couple in fleetwood mac! it would'nt be fleetwood mac at all without them! i completely adore them both! its really really fabulus, and i personally have been moved by all of it! by the way where did you get the bit about peter green saying that stuff about john on stage? what exactly did he say? only cause id really love to know if you could tell me! because i thought that bit was particularly hilarious! (along with everything that ever comes out of chris's mouth! shes so bloody hilarious!!!) and also where did you get the really cute questionnaire thing john did where he was going on about chris being his wife, best friend etc.? cause thats soooooooooooo cute! they're such an adorable couple!

Last edited by GypsySongbird; 12-01-2005 at 06:02 PM..
Old 06-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySongbird
i would have written earlier, but i only just signed up! i actually did write a review of it a few months ago - im kat. its so great to hear that it will be finished! who cares how long its taken, its fantastic! to me john and chris are in NO way, shape or form the OTHER couple in fleetwood mac! it would'nt be fleetwood mac at all without them! i completely adore them both! its really really fabulus, and i personally have been moved by all of it! by the way where did you get the bit about peter green saying that stuff about john on stage? what exactly did he say? only cause id really love to know if you could tell me! because i thought that bit was particularly hilarious! (along with everything that ever comes out of chris's mouth! shes so bloody hilarious!!!) and also where did you get the really cute questionnaire thing john did where he was going on about chris being his wife, best friend etc.? cause thats soooooooooooo cute! they're such an adorable couple!
Hey there....thanks for all your kind words; I love the hear the little details of what people like LOL. That bit about pete saying stuff onstage was from a Martin Celmins bio of Peter Green-- a guy who was there described how Pete was saying how shy John was, and J was sort of dipping his head and laying it on a little. So Pete said the 'took him nearly 6 mos to even hold Christine Perfect's hand' bit etc...and then there was a moment of silence before he added, "Let alone &%#$ the *ss off her." yikes I shudder even typing it LOL , how rude, esp for a shy chap like John, and w/ C standing there listening... apparently P did things like for Jeremy's benefit, as Jeremy quite appreciated seeing people tormented in that fashion.

The questionnaire thing was from a New Musical Express thing-- here's the rest of John's responses below. very cute (and kind of sexy) responses; sort of easy to tell they were newlyweds LOL. I also found it interesting the 2 questions he chose not to answer-- maybe he didn't want people to know where his wife was living, since he was away so often? and he felt he had no dissappointments in life? Interesting. anyway yes they are the cutest couple ever, sigh, I will shut up now.

-Lis

John McVie
Birthdate: November 26, 1945
Personal points: 5 ft. 9in., 10st. 7lb., green eyes, brown hair
Brothers and sisters: -
Wife's name: Christine Perfect of Chicken Shack
Children: None yet
Present home: -
Instruments played: Bass guitar
Age entered show business: 16
First professional appearance: With John Mayall
Biggest break in career: Joining F. Mac
Biggest disappointment: -
TV debut: "Colour Me Pop"
First important public appearance: Windsor Jazz Festival
Hobbies: New orange Marcos G.T., drinking
Biggest influence on career: John Mayall
Favorite color: Brown
Favorite food: Anything good
Favorite drink: Scotch
Favorite clothes: Casual, leather
Favorite singers: Eddie Taylor, Howlin' Wolf, Leadbelly
Favorite actor/actress: Paul Newman, Steve McQueen, Robert Wagner, Kim Novak
Favorite bands/instrumentalists: Duster Bennett, B.B. King, Chambers Bros.
Favorite composers: B.B. King, Ed Sanders, Howlin' Wolf, Peter Green
Favorite groups: Janis Joplin
Car: Marcos G.T.
Miscellaneous dislikes: Noise, loss of temper, drunks
Miscellaneous likes: Cowboys, Christine Perfect
Best friend: Christine Perfect, John McVie
Most thrilling experience: Christine Perfect
Tastes in music: Blues, progressive American music
Pets: Christine Perfect, John McVie
Personal ambition: To play progressive music
Professional ambition: The continued success of F. Mac
Old 06-29-2005, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting these! i love things like this as i have nothing like it like old articles and interviews - except for things from random websites, but i love the older ones! especially when john and chris are greately involved!

LOL! did he really say that?! ive gotta say that is sooo funny! - interesting, to say the least he he! johns so sweet though!- i love that he did the whole protective thing afterwards! he really loved her!

And thanks for putting up the questionnaire thing! its really cute! I love how he also names himself - as well as chris - as his best friend and 'pets'! LOL! and the miscellaneous likes thing is sweet too!
"Most thrilling experience: Christine Perfect" - hehehe! LOL!

Last edited by GypsySongbird; 12-01-2005 at 06:06 PM..