Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-27-2004, 01:24 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default All My Best To You Jan

Quote:
Originally posted by seeknpeace
I have not received my calendar either and I am so disheartened that I cannot believe that our fight ended up like this.

Some of you know that I am sick, but, for those that do not, I have breast cancer. I have lost both breasts and I am not ashamed to share it. I am scared to death. My heart wants to continue to fight for all of us and I cannot do it now. I have lost hope in the club and pray that they do something. I really do. I want it to be good for us all.

I know that a lot has been posted on Micks site asking where are we fighters now? I am still here, just being forced to fight for my life and can't fit both in. I will help anyone that I can. I am sorry that I can't fight in front now. Fleetwood Mac just cannot possibly realize how much their fans love them. How many of us there are.
Wow, it's been a long time since I posted here on The Ledge. For those of you that don't already know (although I think most of you do) this is golddustwoman from Mick's Board.

My reason for posting has nothing to do with the Fan Club, the calendars or anything else to do with Fleetwood Mac. This post is really directed at Jan. I wanted to say that I have thought about you many times since I heard of your diagnosis. I hope this post will give you some encouragement because it has a happy ending.

I too have had breast cancer. I am a breast cancer survivor and I have been cancer free for a little over five years now. I remember the numbing fear like it was yesterday however. I remember so many emotions during that time. I also remember the determination that I had to fight the cancer and to win. It is not an easy fight but I know your determination Jan...I know how hard you fight for something that is important to you. I truly believe that you will beat this and, believe it or not, your life will return to normal. It's hard to see that far ahead right now I know. I had a hard time seeing past the surgery, the treatments and then the second surgery I had to have. But it will pass, you will endure and you will win. I have no doubt of that.

The Fan Club will go on in one form or another but that is of little consequence right now. Your life is what matters and that is what you need to focus on. Your strength and your determination will get you through this. As many others do I click on the cancer site numerous times a day...I click for me, I click for you and I click for every other woman who is fighting this disease and for those whose lives were saved by early diagnosis.

Remember Jan........"Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow". It truly will be here and it truly will be better.

All My Best Jan............Jackie
Old 02-27-2004, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have not received my calendar either and I am so disheartened that I cannot believe that our fight ended up like this.

Some of you know that I am sick, but, for those that do not, I have breast cancer. I have lost both breasts and I am not ashamed to share it. I am scared to death. My heart wants to continue to fight for all of us and I cannot do it now. I have lost hope in the club and pray that they do something. I really do. I want it to be good for us all.

I know that a lot has been posted on Micks site asking where are we fighters now? I am still here, just being forced to fight for my life and can't fit both in. I will help anyone that I can. I am sorry that I can't fight in front now. Fleetwood Mac just cannot possibly realize how much their fans love them. How many of us there are.
Well I hope all of those bitching over on Mick's board come over here and read this. They are too quick to try to blame those of us who fought last time for the mess the fan club is in now. Shame on all of them when someone like seek is fighting her own battle and that is a lot more important. Seek means the world to me and I for one am very greatful for all she did to right the wrongs last time.

You hang in there seek, you are loved!!

And Brian... I wish your wife a full and speedy recover too

Pip
Old 02-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The latest: I wrote back to them after they provided the info@fleetwoodmac.com address and instructions, and said, "That's great, but are you going to address the other issues?" Their response:

Quote:
Please be patient with us ... we are trying to eliminate one problem at a time due to the fact that they are all handled by different departments.

The Membership discount is automatically applied once you enter the store.

Thanks for being a loyal fan.
My response to that:

Quote:
I believe your are mistaken about the membership discount - I paid $19.99 + shipping for the tourbook, via the link provided to the merchandise after signing into the fan club. To further investigate if I was actually getting a discount, I logged out, went directly to fanfire.com, as if I were NOT a fan club member, selected "Fleetwood Mac" AND THE PRICES FOR ALL MERCHANDISE WERE THE SAME!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Seek, my gosh, don't even give the fan club a thought right now!!!!!!! Keep up the fight!! Go to those 2 shows that you would like to see! Enjoy them! Dance like you've never danced before at those shows! Be strong! The website, fan club, presales, etc. are of little importance right now. Love, happiness, your friends here, and life & good health are of importance. Focus on life and your battle! We're pullin' for ya!!

Brian, what I just said goes for you & your wife too, my thoughts are with you as well. Hope all goes well with your wife. Stay strong for her!

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 02-27-2004, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The latest:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us regarding your Calendar and Band
Letter.

We are searching the database of names provided to us by the
previous fan
club management to verify if a package was sent to you, and
where it was
sent. We will be contacting you with the results of the search
and
requesting additional information if required.

Fleetwood Mac Fan Club
Hmmm....I wonder if Toad deleted all the troublemakers' names before passing the info to the new fan club? Well, if they come back and say they have no record of me, I have a fan club membership receipt to prove that I joined.

Last edited by Livia; 02-27-2004 at 04:00 PM..
Old 02-27-2004, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
The latest:

Hmmm....I wonder if Toad deleted all the troublemakers' names before passing the info to the new fan club? Well, if they come back and say they have no record of me, I have a fan club membership receipt to prove that I joined.
Hmm, I don't know. I just got that same response that you did.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
The latest:

You know it wouldn't surprise me if he did something like that....
Old 02-29-2004, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Thanks to EVERYONE...

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumours
Brian, what I just said goes for you & your wife too, my thoughts are with you as well. Hope all goes well with your wife. Stay strong for her!

Stephanie
for the best wishes, Debbie is finally home after spending 8 weeks & 6 days recovering from a near deadly septic staph infection of her blood due, In part, to her starting the chemo-treatments.

She is well ahead of schedule and may only need 2 more treatments since the chemo has basically eradicated a great majority of the cancerous cells (Hodgkin's Lymphoma is one of the easiest to treat cancers...And there is very rarely any re-occurance of the disease, Unlike Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma).

Anyways, Hopefully the fan club gets "it" in high gear and sends the calendars that are due to the fans that are STILL expectin' 'em.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brian j. - I am with happiness for you and your wife!!!!!!!!

Seems like someone has an

Jason

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great news Brian!
Old 02-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Brian, Thats fantastic to hear!!
Old 02-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Thanks to EVERYONE...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
for the best wishes, Debbie is finally home after spending 8 weeks & 6 days recovering from a near deadly septic staph infection of her blood due, In part, to her starting the chemo-treatments.

She is well ahead of schedule and may only need 2 more treatments since the chemo has basically eradicated a great majority of the cancerous cells (Hodgkin's Lymphoma is one of the easiest to treat cancers...And there is very rarely any re-occurance of the disease, Unlike Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma).

Anyways, Hopefully the fan club gets "it" in high gear and sends the calendars that are due to the fans that are STILL expectin' 'em.

Brian j.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Brian, I just feel that she has turned the corner now!!! God bless her and you both are in my prayers too. This is a club that she and I share, but, not a good one to belong to. I am not sure about my treatment til I see the oncologist this week. I really do not think that I will need any more treatment. The tram flap surgery is much worse on your body than the mastectomy. Please give her a big hug from me and tell her that I said hello. Jan
Old 02-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh Brian, I just feel that she has turned the corner now!!! God bless her and you both are in my prayers too. This is a club that she and I share, but, not a good one to belong to. I am not sure about my treatment til I see the oncologist this week. I really do not think that I will need any more treatment. The tram flap surgery is much worse on your body than the mastectomy. Please give her a big hug from me and tell her that I said hello. Jan
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, honey.

Old 03-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

EXCELLENT!!!!

Now THIS is the stuff that I like to hear!!!

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down