The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What is your favorite post-Rumours era album cover?
Behind the Mask 7 30.43%
25 Years- The Chain (box set) 9 39.13%
Time 7 30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Favorite post-Rumours album cover

Please note: I know this board has a tendency towards being...angry, for lack of a better word (as in I noticed a lot of heated arguments tend to break out here from what I've read), but please keep things civil for this poll. I don't wanna see all hell break lose over a poll asking about what album cover you like best

Now that I got that out of the way, my series of polls asking for what album cover you like best has finally come to an end with my final poll (for now, that is, once Christine releases her third solo album, then there'll be a poll for that). You know the drill by now and, since it seemed kinda boring making a poll with only 2 albums, I spoke to Steve (ChiliD) about what I should use for a 3rd one and he suggested the 25 Years-The Chain box set, since it did come out during that era and has many new songs made with this incarnation of the band.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 01-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Time cover is definitely one of my Top 5 favorite Fleetwood Mac album covers of all-time. The symbolism of a newborn penguin equating with the "rebirth" of the band personnel-wise is just phenomenal.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't "get" BtM at all (Yes, it may be distancing themselves from their former image blah blah blah, but that one b word just describes the cover to me), and Time was beyond dull. I enjoy Lindsey's arm on the cover of The Chain because personally it represents the crux of the band during his tenure with them. I believe whol heartedly that the man is the main reason why the band performed as well as they did in the US (I do agree that they did well anyway here in the UK). Possibly because of his eagerness to take the band in new directions and make himself unpopular in order to keep them from growing stale. In recent years, this may have happened anyway. But this has a tendency to happen with bands when they reach a certain point in their careers and they become mostly known for certain songs/concepts. They in some respect became victims of their own success. But considering their ability to consistently draw in fresh crowds, this isn't as much of a problem as it could have been. Because as they constantly appeal to younger audiences, there's always somebody to listen, buy their music and go to their concerts.

I sometimes liken Fleetwood Mac to a classic novel. They had their moment a long while ago, but they still create intrigue and keep people talking and enjoying.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I don't "get" BtM at all (Yes, it may be distancing themselves from their former image blah blah blah, but that one b word just describes the cover to me), and Time was beyond dull. I enjoy Lindsey's arm on the cover of The Chain because personally it represents the crux of the band during his tenure with them. I believe whol heartedly that the man is the main reason why the band performed as well as they did in the US (I do agree that they did well anyway here in the UK). Possibly because of his eagerness to take the band in new directions and make himself unpopular in order to keep them from growing stale. In recent years, this may have happened anyway. But this has a tendency to happen with bands when they reach a certain point in their careers and they become mostly known for certain songs/concepts. They in some respect became victims of their own success. But considering their ability to consistently draw in fresh crowds, this isn't as much of a problem as it could have been. Because as they constantly appeal to younger audiences, there's always somebody to listen, buy their music and go to their concerts.

I sometimes liken Fleetwood Mac to a classic novel. They had their moment a long while ago, but they still create intrigue and keep people talking and enjoying.
I hate to say it Bee, but that's John's arm on the cover of The Chain. Last time I checked, Bucky didn't have a penguin tat, but Johnny Mac did.

Anyways, as for myself, quite honestly, I've never cared for FM album covers at all, but now that i think about it, I like Behind the mask to the most of these. Yeah, I know it's symbolism, but I think I read somewhere it symbolizes how Stevie feels "distant" from the band since Bucky left

Old 01-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I hate to say it Bee, but that's John's arm on the cover of The Chain. Last time I checked, Bucky didn't have a penguin tat, but Johnny Mac did.

Anyways, as for myself, quite honestly, I've never cared for FM album covers at all, but now that i think about it, I like Behind the mask to the most of these. Yeah, I know it's symbolism, but I think I read somewhere it symbolizes how Stevie feels "distant" from the band since Bucky left
Haha! Well there I stand corrected and thank you for the information Anyway...Alot of what I said still applies so that's okay
Old 01-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha! Well there I stand corrected and thank you for the information Anyway...Alot of what I said still applies so that's okay
What you said was very well-written, and I forgot to mention how much I agreed with what you said

Old 01-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
The Time cover is definitely one of my Top 5 favorite Fleetwood Mac album covers of all-time. The symbolism of a newborn penguin equating with the "rebirth" of the band personnel-wise is just phenomenal.
Oh. That's what that is. I will have to vote for Time then. It's boring, but that's just cute Although I like that you can see the penguin tattoo on John's arm on the cover of 25 yrs - The Chain, I like the baby penguin concept. I'm like John, I adore those little creatures .

The Behind The Mask concept is just ....odd, for lack of better word. WHO are these people??! It doesn't look like Stevie, one's playing an accordion looking thing, and it looks like they're on the Little House on The Prairie set. & who's in the background with them, Tom Robinson?
Old 01-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I thought it meant they laid an egg.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Behind the Mask cover - terrible, like Terra said "Who are these people?" I can picture potential customers back in 1990 asking that same thing.

Time cover - too simple and white.

25 Years the Chain - good one to include here. I love black and the quotes on the liner notes on each CD.

My vote...25 Years the Chain

How about a favorite album title poll?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Behind the Mask cover - terrible, like Terra said "Who are these people?" I can picture potential customers back in 1990 asking that same thing.

Time cover - too simple and white.

25 Years the Chain - good one to include here. I love black and the quotes on the liner notes on each CD.

My vote...25 Years the Chain

How about a favorite album title poll?
Y'know what? I'll make that my next series of polls, starting next week.

I think I made a mistake voting for Behind the Mask, now that I realize the band wasn't even there. And as for the Time cover, I had no idea there was even a penguin in there, but looking very closely, it was a cute little baby penguin

Old 01-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Everyone hates the Behind The Mask album cover but I love it. I wish I had a big poster of it to put up.

Matt
Old 01-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The symbolism of a newborn penguin equating with the "rebirth" of the band personnel-wise is just phenomenal.
I agree 100%, it's a beautiful cover, however I voted for BTM, even though I don't get it, too. I just... like it. The girl in bride dress is beautiful. Her sad, misterious expression, captivating.
Don't know if it means distancing themselves from their former image, or distancing from each other. But I loved it from the first time. It's like the Tango cover, I don't know why that painting, can't find a relationship with the band or any song, but it's nice.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. I enjoy Lindsey's arm on the cover of The Chain because personally it represents the crux of the band during his tenure with them.
It's funny how we fans want to see our icons everywhere
Old 01-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I think I made a mistake voting for Behind the Mask, now that I realize the band wasn't even there.
So what? there are great covers in albums history where the band or singer does not appear!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Everyone hates the Behind The Mask album cover but I love it. I wish I had a big poster of it to put up.

Matt
Why do you like it?