Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What should I buy???

I'm looking for Stevie/Mac stuff on eBay and can't decide what I should buy......I want posters mostly but don't know which poster I should go for?? Haha, I know it sounds a bit ridicoulus, lol, but I need your help because you are Ledgies and should know It's like too many to choose on eBay and want some tips from you guys! I'm also looking for Buckingham/Nicks LP because you know, I really NEED one!!! Everyone should own a B/N LP So if you want to help me choose a nice poster I can bid on it would be soo kind of you!

Love and Hugs,
/Hanna

Old 10-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If you looking for posters, do a seach on Stevie Nicks (or Fleetwood Mac) poster and see what pops up. It's really a matter of personal choice. I began collecting posters about 15 years ago or so and have been able to get pretty much all of the promo posters for each album from "Rumours" up thru Stevie's "Soundstage Sessions". Some are more rare than others, so you will pay more. My personal favorites are the "Rock A Little" promo which uses the shot from the back of the album. Another favorite is the HBO concert promo. But again, take a look at what is out there and what they are going for. You could pay as little as $5 or as much as $100 depending on the poster.

Good luck!!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Posters are really a personal choice. Do you want FMac w/Christine or without? New or old? FMac or members solo? There's no one poster for everyone. For a long time, I wanted a Mirage poster and didn't find one, so I improvised by hanging my Mirage LP on my wall. LPs can sometimes be found cheaply so that could be an economical way to put have a 'poster'. I have a poster from The Dance, a small Say You Will promo poster, and a very large Say You Will cardboard-like poster. I also have Mirage and Go Insane LPs hanging up. Those are good choices for me. Everyone is different. As for Buckingham-Nicks, ebay has quite a few right now. Yes, I really think you should buy it!!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna93 View Post
I'm looking for Stevie/Mac stuff on eBay and can't decide what I should buy......I want posters mostly but don't know which poster I should go for?? Haha, I know it sounds a bit ridicoulus, lol, but I need your help because you are Ledgies and should know It's like too many to choose on eBay and want some tips from you guys! I'm also looking for Buckingham/Nicks LP because you know, I really NEED one!!! Everyone should own a B/N LP So if you want to help me choose a nice poster I can bid on it would be soo kind of you!

Love and Hugs,
/Hanna
Hanna, I have a couple of B/N lp's...pm me if you are interested in one.
Jeannie
Old 10-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Buy the poster of the photos from the inside jacket of the Live album.

Or buy the huge "subway" poster printed in 1978 of the photos from the Day On The Green evening.

Don't buy a poster of Stevie Nicks staring at the camera with a dumb-deer look.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-27-2009, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Or buy the huge "subway" poster printed in 1978 of the photos from the Day On The Green evening.
i have this & it's so huge i don't know where to hang it~
Old 10-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Registered

I'll just throw in another 'don't buy' suggestion- Don't buy the 3 calendar Herbert Worthington deal online right now, my 3 arrived about a week ago, I decided I "had" to have them. The 2008 one I like the most, the 2009 one I don't like, and the '07-08 one is mediocre, at best. The '08 has 3 shots I like enough to mat and frame, that's about it. Those 3 are quite striking- but the '09 calendar has so many 'how could he have chosen THAT photograph' entries, I'm really disappointed in the quality of paper, some of the shots are too dark, or blurred, in the '09 one, and it's just not first rate, at all, overall, any of the calendars. And for $70 with shipping, I was expecting them to at least be lush, in texture and resolution- they're not. (And supposedly, I saved $40 by buying all three!) They just don't look 'expensive' and they should.
And Herbie's assistant needs to learn how to pack the calendars so they don't get dog-eared and creased. DUH. Just mail them flat in that Priority Mail box, without folding the sides which turn it into a box. Also, don't tape them to a piece of cardboard so the right bottom of the '09 cover gets a 2" crease. Stupid. Also, don't professionally done calendars always have the cover shot somewhere inside without the writing? Or an 'index' if you will of all the photos, either on the back cover, or at the beginning?
Cheap, cheap. And I just looked at the '09 one again- hideous choices of photographs.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 10-27-2009 at 11:45 AM..
Old 10-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
I'll just throw in another 'don't buy' suggestion- Don't buy the 3 calendar Herbert Worthington deal online right now, my 3 arrived about a week ago, I decided I "had" to have them. The 2008 one I like the most, the 2009 one I don't like, and the '07-08 one is mediocre, at best. The '08 has 3 shots I like enough to mat and frame, that's about it. Those 3 are quite striking- but the '09 calendar has so many 'how could he have chosen THAT photograph' entries, I'm really disappointed in the quality of paper, some of the shots are too dark, or blurred, in the '09 one, and it's just not first rate, at all, overall, any of the calendars. And for $70 with shipping, I was expecting them to at least be lush, in texture and resolution- they're not. (And supposedly, I saved $40 by buying all three!) They just don't look 'expensive' and they should.
As for a calendrar, I already have the 2008 one and LOVE it!!! I haven't bought the other ones though...forgot, lol and now it's a little too late...

I'm looking after a BIG poster

Old 10-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

So where can I find that Day On The Green Evening poster???? I would LOVE to have it! Have you any pics of it that you could post here so I can see how it looks??? That would be nice of you

Old 10-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Registered

I'm glad you have the 'o8 calendar- it's by far the best one. For posters, I love the 'Wild Heart' watercolors one, it's the one I have that has never been put away into a closet, it has a 1920's quality to it that I love. A friend I hadn't seen in 10 years, from LA, recently visited and thought it was a poster of a silent-movie star of the 20s, I forget who. It's very Stevie looking to me, though, and my favorite. It has a light blue background, and a watercolor kind of feel to it, very arty. It was also used near the back of the Wild Heart tourbook. (she has a blue, fringed, feathered head-scarf, of sorts, and what looks like clouds to me painted in the right lower side, it's on eBay a lot).
I also love the back of the Rock A Little lp poster, 24x36, and the "Stained Glass" 'TISL' is another one I like a lot. Not all that pricey anymore either, but when TISL came out, that 'stained glass' one was fetching well over $100-- Now, I think you can purchase all of them for around $25 or so a piece, last time I checked.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 10-27-2009 at 12:13 PM..
Old 10-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
I'm glad you have the 'o8 calendar- it's by far the best one. For posters, I love the 'Wild Heart' watercolors one, it's the one I have that has never been put away into a closet, it has a 1920's quality to it that I love. A friend I hadn't seen in 10 years, from LA, recently visited and thought it was a poster of a silent-movie star of the 20s, I forget who. It's very Stevie looking to me, though, and my favorite. It has a light blue background, and a watercolor kind of feel to it, very arty. It was also used near the back of the Wild Heart tourbook. (she has a blue, fringed, feathered head-scarf, of sorts, and what looks like clouds to me painted in the right lower side, it's on eBay a lot).
I also love the back of the Rock A Little lp poster, 24x36, and the "Stained Glass" 'TISL' is another one I like a lot. Not all that pricey anymore either, but when TISL came out, that 'stained glass' one was fetching well over $100-- Now, I think you can purchase all of them for around $25 or so a piece, last time I checked.
Awww, thanks for the tips! Well, are they on eBay or where can I find them?
Can you post a pic of them?
Thanks!

Old 10-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Registered

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stevie-Nicks-Fle...9#ht_984wt_736

Hmm, don't know if this will work. The 3 posters I mentioned are all up on eBay now, with photos. Just go to www.ebay.com and type in 'stevie nicks poster' under search.

Okay, that seemed to work. Whatever you do, don't bid the opening $99 for the Rock A Little poster up there, I won't even link that one, it generally sells for much less than that. By the way, there is a less expensive concert version poster of Wild Heart poster, but I didn't check the dimensions or specifics. The one I gave the link for is the one I have, and the texture of the paper on the poster is really nice (thicker than usual poster stock) and it has great soft tones in the colors, I would think the concert version might not be of the same high quality, but who knows...
Here's The TISL 'stained glass' photo, also on high quality paper and quite nice. You'll likely want to buy a custom frame, I think the dimensions are 25.5 x25.5 for the print itself.
http://cgi.ebay.com/STEVIE-NICKS-TRO...f#ht_500wt_977

Last edited by Nikolaj; 10-27-2009 at 03:10 PM..
Old 10-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
i have this & it's so huge i don't know where to hang it~
Where'd you find it? I would love to replace the gigantic Rolling Stones poster in my room with something Fleetwood Mac....
Old 10-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Registered

Quote:
That's why I cherish my Wild Heart promo poster. Stevie's not staring at the camera. She's staring off to the left! SCORE!

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 10-28-2009, 05:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Where'd you find it? I would love to replace the gigantic Rolling Stones poster in my room with something Fleetwood Mac....
i got it off of ebay for 35.00~ but seeing it's 5 ft by 3 ft~ i just haven't found a spot to put it yet~