Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up The Photo Era Scrapbook Edition #2: Behind The Mask Era

Alright, so much like the last one where we had some pretty good success in getting some lovely pictures, this thread will focus on pictures from FM's Behind the Mask era. Love it or hate it, there are definately some good pictures from this era. So, let the photo sharing begin.

Much Love,
Ethan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15817653.jpg (81.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 15817656.jpg (93.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Live:

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 08-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

More BTM:

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
Old 08-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you so much for posting these. I have to say though, in some of these, Stevie doesn't look to splendid. Some of them are classic though. Was Stevie in an even more "Klonopinized" state during this tour, compared to OSOTM?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Thank you so much for posting these. I have to say though, in some of these, Stevie doesn't look to splendid. Some of them are classic though. Was Stevie in an even more "Klonopinized" state during this tour, compared to OSOTM?
The better-looking pictures are from early in the tour, she was slim and wearing miniskirts, by the end of the tour she gained a lot of weight and was very much "robotized" by the Klonopin, I believe it also had to do with medications she was taking with the Klonopin.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
This Klonopinized stuff is bull****. There are 1,000s of people who take it on a daily basis and not walk around in a zombie state. I, myself, have been on Klonopin and never gained an ouce of weight or complained about being sluggish.

Stevie gained weight because she kicked the coke habit, which probably helped her maintain a thin frame all those years.....and probably was robotic due to the same fact.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 View Post
This Klonopinized stuff is bull****. There are 1,000s of people who take it on a daily basis and not walk around in a zombie state. I, myself, have been on Klonopin and never gained an ouce of weight or complained about being sluggish.

Stevie gained weight because she kicked the coke habit, which probably helped her maintain a thin frame all those years.....and probably was robotic due to the same fact.
That is true, and a rather good point. However, I did have a classmate who was on Klonopin. We were talking one day, and I didn't know he had panic issues nor that he was on Klonopin. He then tells me "Man, I hate this new medicine I'm on. It makes me so tired and bored and stuff." I was like "What is it called?" knowing more than like what it was.

He the says "Man, I don't know. Something with a K or something." and then very frankly I said "Klonopin".

I'd hit the nail right on the head.

Also, if you read testemonials on the drug, some people do say that there are negative affects. A friend of my Anatomy teacher last year took Klonopin, and all she wanted to do was lay on the couch all day.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I think sshe took a bunch of other Rx's with the Klonopin and she also took more than the prescribed amount of Klonopin. So, I think it was not just that she was taking the usual amount of Klonopin

Interestingly, she looks bloated during the RAL tour and she was coked out of her head then.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, you can give into the side effect, or actually break it.

Drugs have different effects on different people. I'm just coming from my medical background. I pass out Klonopin on a regular basis and see a little weight gain (but not a drastic change like Stevie) and little flat affect...but nothing you can't overcome or get the dosage changed.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is what she said about her dosage and medication misadventures:

That's the great thing about Nicks—much of her could have collapsed, but it never did. "Despite the coke, at least I still had a brain—I came out of Betty Ford and I felt capable of fixing this situation. But nobody would leave me alone about it. They told me to go and see a shrink to talk about everything, that I needed to have follow-up treatment. I really wasn't missing the drugs, but I got the name of a doctor from somebody and went to see him. 'I'm here because the world doesn't think I can do it by myself,' I told him. And he put me on a drug called Klonopin, a complex and dangerous derivative of Valium.

"I went from two blue pills in the morning to four blue pills; then it was two white pills in the morning and at bedtime. He just kept upping my dose. If I went without it for two days, I would start to shake. I was shaking all the time—shaking so hard that people would look at me. I thought I had Parkinson's. I can honestly say I lost most of my 40s to this drug. It was eight years of my life gone. Your 40s are the last vestige of your youth and mine was ripped away from me by this jerk. One day, I got my assistant to take everything that I took, and I said I would sit with him in case he died. 'I want to see how this affects you,' I told him, 'because I think I'm dying.' So he took it all." She recounts this story as if it was the most normal thing in the world—like Cleopatra might have had her slave taste her food for poison.

"He was a very good friend," Nicks goes on. "He was in the middle of setting up my stereo system and he just passed out. So I decided I should get off Klonopin. The doctor said he didn't think it was a good idea. That's what he always said.

"I told him I was going into rehab and he said, 'No, I can cut your dose down,' but I had made my mind up. I was in there for 47 days and it made the detox from cocaine look like a walk in the park. My hair turned grey and my skin moulted. I couldn't get out of bed. I couldn't stand up in a shower. I thought I was going to die. But after 47 days I came out shining on the other side. I had a new lease of life. It's been easy for me to stay sober. I could still drink alcohol recreationally because I'm not an alcoholic, but for my menopause I take a drug called Neurontin. It handles the menopause brilliantly, but if you take so much as a nip of tequila it makes you very sick."

http://www.stevie-nicks.info/index.p...1&limitstart=1

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Here is what she said about her dosage and medication misadventures:

That's the great thing about Nicks—much of her could have collapsed, but it never did. "Despite the coke, at least I still had a brain—I came out of Betty Ford and I felt capable of fixing this situation. But nobody would leave me alone about it. They told me to go and see a shrink to talk about everything, that I needed to have follow-up treatment. I really wasn't missing the drugs, but I got the name of a doctor from somebody and went to see him. 'I'm here because the world doesn't think I can do it by myself,' I told him. And he put me on a drug called Klonopin, a complex and dangerous derivative of Valium.

"I went from two blue pills in the morning to four blue pills; then it was two white pills in the morning and at bedtime. He just kept upping my dose. If I went without it for two days, I would start to shake. I was shaking all the time—shaking so hard that people would look at me. I thought I had Parkinson's. I can honestly say I lost most of my 40s to this drug. It was eight years of my life gone. Your 40s are the last vestige of your youth and mine was ripped away from me by this jerk. One day, I got my assistant to take everything that I took, and I said I would sit with him in case he died. 'I want to see how this affects you,' I told him, 'because I think I'm dying.' So he took it all." She recounts this story as if it was the most normal thing in the world—like Cleopatra might have had her slave taste her food for poison.

"He was a very good friend," Nicks goes on. "He was in the middle of setting up my stereo system and he just passed out. So I decided I should get off Klonopin. The doctor said he didn't think it was a good idea. That's what he always said.

"I told him I was going into rehab and he said, 'No, I can cut your dose down,' but I had made my mind up. I was in there for 47 days and it made the detox from cocaine look like a walk in the park. My hair turned grey and my skin moulted. I couldn't get out of bed. I couldn't stand up in a shower. I thought I was going to die. But after 47 days I came out shining on the other side. I had a new lease of life. It's been easy for me to stay sober. I could still drink alcohol recreationally because I'm not an alcoholic, but for my menopause I take a drug called Neurontin. It handles the menopause brilliantly, but if you take so much as a nip of tequila it makes you very sick."

http://www.stevie-nicks.info/index.p...1&limitstart=1
That's an interesting little quote. I've actually never seen it. Thanks for posting.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie gained weight because she kicked the coke habit
She started gaining serious weight in 1985, before she got clean. But she's always blaming the clonazepam for everything, although once or twice she fessed to taking corticosteroids for asthma or something & complained about the weight gain associated with them. On both of the Fleetwood Mac tours with Vito & Burnette, she admits to having been taking the steroids, so maybe that stuff has a long shelf life inside her body (or she doesn't pee very often) & bloats her up like a decomposing casualty of the Sumatran tsunami.

And then at another time, she claimed she had always (meaning since her teens) had trouble with her weight.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
(or she doesn't pee very often) & bloats her up like a decomposing casualty of the Sumatran tsunami.
Well, she doesn't seem to sweat on stage any longer. So perhaps she has stopped urinating as well.

Michele
Old 08-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
"One day, I got my assistant to take everything that I took, and I said I would sit with him in case he died. 'I want to see how this affects you,' I told him, 'because I think I'm dying.' So he took it all."
"He was a very good friend," Nicks goes on. "He was in the middle of setting up my stereo system and he just passed out.
Hmmm, is this around the time Karen became her assistant? Wonder where Stevie hid the body? This is the funniest thing I've read all day. "I would sit with him in case he died"! LOL! That must have been such a comfort to him to know if he dropped dead Stevie would be saved and also be there to get it all down in her journal so she could write a song about it 10 years later.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
Hmmm, is this around the time Karen became her assistant? Wonder where Stevie hid the body? This is the funniest thing I've read all day. "I would sit with him in case he died"! LOL! That must have been such a comfort to him to know if he dropped dead Stevie would be saved and also be there to get it all down in her journal so she could write a song about it 10 years later.
LOL! That was Glen.

My favorite part of that article was this:

Quote:
But what happened to Glenn?

Nicks throws back her hair. 'Glenn was OK, because it was just for one day.'
Hehe. She cracks me up!! Throws her hair back even. Priceless.