Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Questions about Talk That Talk and Luck Devils

I just got the german only release of Rick Vito's album Talk That Talk, and I have a few questions.

First, the mix sounds a little strange - not sure how to describe it, but is sounds a little fuzzy. At first I thought it might be a problem with the disc, but then maybe that was diliberate intention for it to sound that way. I'm a little confused about it.

Second, I also just got Lucky Devils. I was surprised to see that the back of the inside cover, over the picture is a hand-written message that says: To Johnny S. with thanks, your pal, Rick.

Do I actually have authentic hand-written autograph from Rick, or did this appear printed on all the of Lucky Devil cds? Am I a lucky devil?
Old 05-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I just got the german only release of Rick Vito's album Talk That Talk, and I have a few questions.

First, the mix sounds a little strange - not sure how to describe it, but is sounds a little fuzzy. At first I thought it might be a problem with the disc, but then maybe that was diliberate intention for it to sound that way. I'm a little confused about it.

Second, I also just got Lucky Devils. I was surprised to see that the back of the inside cover, over the picture is a hand-written message that says: To Johnny S. with thanks, your pal, Rick.

Do I actually have authentic hand-written autograph from Rick, or did this appear printed on all the of Lucky Devil cds? Am I a lucky devil?
I have no idea about Talk That Talk. I'll have another listen to mine tonight and let you know. I guess it depends on the quality of your stereo system though (I have a $99 one).

As for Lucky Devils, if I remember rightly, I bought mine through here (The Penguin) or perhaps through Rick's site, and you could request them to be signed (and pay a little extra I think). Mine just has "Rick Vito" autographed on the front cover.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks! So I guess my signed copy of Lucky Devil CD (which I bought used on Amazon) is real! What a surprise bonus!

Not sure what's going on with Talk That Talk. I have a $3000 sound system, so I don't think that is the issue.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Thanks! So I guess my signed copy of Lucky Devil CD (which I bought used on Amazon) is real! What a surprise bonus!

Not sure what's going on with Talk That Talk. I have a $3000 sound system, so I don't think that is the issue.
Well it sounds fine to me, but then on your sound system maybe it picks up the limitations in sound quality.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Well it sounds fine to me, but then on your sound system maybe it picks up the limitations in sound quality.
It must have been some weird intermitent quirk, because I listened to it again, and it sounds fine. But it's somewhat muddy mix in places, possibly a deliberate tact. It's a great album!