The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default FM on Sirius XM - Christine. This is just sad.

From Tumblr:
Quote:
Here are the songs she played and a bit of what she said:
Hypnotized - she learned her and Bob could harmonize
Oh Well - one of her favorite songs ever
Monday Morning - She always thought Lindsey had a great voice. “He kicked some butt with this one.”
Go Your Own Way - “I’ve chosen this one because it’s kind of anthemic. Lindsey always, to this day, thinks this is the best song he’s ever written, and I don’t necessarily agree with him about that.” She thinks he’s written lots of great songs.
Don’t Stop - also a “bit anthemic, and I bet Bill Clinton could tell you why”. It’s a “good old stomper” called Don’t Stop
Gypsy - She says they did the most fabulous video for this…”very long video, but it was beautiful”
Honey Hi - “One that I’d written about my dad and it started off with a funny little keyboard piece and was augmented by Lindsey. It’s a sweet little love song called Honey Hi.”
I think that she is pretty sad about the current situation, and tries to somehow make that clear without directly saying it. It's so strange that she just don't seem to have a voice in the band by now, couldn't put her foot down against Stevie and Mick. That ruins the band even more for me.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 05-05-2018 at 02:43 AM..
Old 05-05-2018, 04:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
From Tumblr:

I think that she is pretty sad about the current situation, and tries to somehow make that clear without directly saying it. It's so strange that she just don't seem to have a voice in the band by now, couldn't put her foot down against Stevie and Mick. That ruins the band even more for me.
I think if John and her had the balls they could have put their feet down and then their would be no majority rule....and simply disbanded
Old 05-05-2018, 05:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I think if John and her had the balls they could have put their feet down and then their would be no majority rule....and simply disbanded
And I am sure she hopes she didn't completely destroy her relationship with Lindsey.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

She is subtle but she made a few things "perfect-ly" clear.
1. She knew nothing about the band firing Lindsey (until it already happened)
2. That she was not involved in the decision

She is not going to bash the Mac but its clear she may not have went along with this decision. Its also possible the decision was made when Christine was purposely out of the country. This tells you that Mick and Stevie probably thought Christine would put up resistance.
I just cant imagine any band let along a major classic rock band firing one of its members without consulting everyone first.
Its also possible Christine is lying but hearing her statements makes sense to me.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-05-2018 at 06:10 AM..
Old 05-05-2018, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Nice!
Old 05-05-2018, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy Hurts the most...

It hurts most to know that after the high of BuckVie, the album, the concerts, the love and affection shown, etc...THIS.

I also hope and pray that LB and CM can still have a friendship after this crap. He and Stevie will NEVER be friends, so nothing to lose there.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
yup. John and Chris could have stopped it. especially John who according to Mick he and SN had to "work on" and have a lot of conversations with to convince him. John and Chris are complacent, it's that simple.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
1. She knew nothing about the band firing Lindsey (until it already happened)
2. That she was not involved in the decision

She is not going to bash the Mac but its clear she may not have went along with this decision. Its also possible the decision was made when Christine was purposely out of the country. This tells you that Mick and Stevie probably thought Christine would put up resistance.
I just cant imagine any band let along a major classic rock band firing one of its members without consulting everyone first.
Its also possible Christine is lying but hearing her statements makes sense to me.
i don't think she's lying.

but still, she's complacent. if there was a contract, they broke it by firing Lindsey. she could find million ways to walk or stop it yet she just let it slide or let Mick convince her or whatever. she is not your 70s or 80s Christine anymore. she could have done him in or me out.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-05-2018, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
From Tumblr:

Funny how objective things can be.
I don't find this sad at all. I find it sweet and celebratory.

What I find most depressing is how fans on here are injecting this false narrative into these people who are all in their seventies (or almost).
"They don't have the balls", "they could have put their foot down".
So ****ing weird. The band is well into their retirement years -- they'll do what they want despite the wishes of the most narcissistic fans.

Let it go people, we don't control this band or any other band. They are not our employers and we don't have stock invested in some corporation you seem to have created in your minds.

They're a group of people who have a long history playing music together.
Don't let it go any further than that. Go enjoy the music or don't, but stop with the creepy stalker-like fandom. It's just rock and roll.
As Tom Petty said so well -- it's time to move on...
Old 05-05-2018, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Let it go people, we don't control this band or any other band. They are not our employers and we don't have stock invested in some corporation you seem to have created in your minds..
and dumping on fans, calling the truth "false narrative" and insisting that we somehow have to be happy with cards we were dealt with and not be allowed to push back on what we don't like continues.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:29 PM
Registered

I think that supporting this band by buying their records and (as others do) attending their concerts and buying their merchandise, fans do have what some business theorists call an external stakeholder interest in the band. After all, we pay for their lifestyle; we have the right to complain if they change the "company" but still want our money. It's like what happened with New Coke back in the day--customers were complaining not because they had a shareholder interest in the corporation, but because they bought the product and they thought it sucked. Why should somebody say we should just "let it go" if we think the new line up sucks?
Old 05-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and dumping on fans, calling the truth "false narrative" and insisting that we somehow have to be happy with cards we were dealt with and not be allowed to push back on what we don't like continues.

This perfectly sums up so much confusion for the tiny percentage of the band's fans on social media.

If this were a big holding company or a corporation we worked for, yes, by all means - we would have every right to "push back" on the "cards we were dealt".
But come on -- can you imagine being in your 60's and 70's and touring because you felt like you were beholden to fans of the music?
That's absolutely ridiculous.
Artists do their art because it's fulfilling for them - not for other people. Having other people enjoy it, is just a lucky bonus.
Bands play music because it's fun and it's inspiring to play together.
It's been really interesting watching all the music nerds and musicians looking at this change as an exciting positive. The non-musician fans have latched on to the celebrity and the personal drama. It must feed some insatiable desire to try to reconstruct events in people's minds -- like binge watching a series on Netflix.

I'd rather see what they have to offer, rather than get so wrapped up in on a nonstop barrage of negativity. I guess this is life during the Trump era -- half glass empty all day all night. I can't tell you what a monumental bore it is to have to read all these posts that seem to offer nothing hopeful or inspiring. It's like Fox News has infected this fan board.

I can recommend dozens of volunteering opportunities if anyone feels the need to get outside of themselves and do something constructive with all the free time they seem to have.

Last edited by dontlookdown; 05-05-2018 at 01:36 PM..
Old 05-05-2018, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I think that supporting this band by buying their records and (as others do) attending their concerts and buying their merchandise, fans do have what some business theorists call an external stakeholder interest in the band. After all, we pay for their lifestyle; we have the right to complain if they change the "company" but still want our money. It's like what happened with New Coke back in the day--customers were complaining not because they had a shareholder interest in the corporation, but because they bought the product and they thought it sucked. Why should somebody say we should just "let it go" if we think the new line up sucks?
This might be the most grotesque response I've heard yet.
It's ****ing music. It's songwriting. It's coming up with gorgeous melodies and bass lines and harmony. It's not a ****ing can of coke. Jesus Christ.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
exactly. also, you know, like amazon reviews?

we are voting with our money. but this is also FM discussion board, so we are explaining our decision of not buying the "new" product. we are not willing to pay for this tour and i don't see any reason why we wouldn't be allowed to say exactly what product they are selling and why that's not something i'd want to buy.

on a more personal note, my biggest complaint though is about what could have been: it sounded like i could have had new LB album already in hand, and both LB solo tour tix and plans to go see FM in DC + Baltimore by now. it could have been a spectacular fall. i could have planned my fall around those dates (well apparently now it's next spring for DC! ). i like following tours of my favorite performers, that makes me forget all the bad stuff life may throw at me every day. music and friends make lives better. i followed LB tours and FM tours and BM tours in the past decade. so yes, some of my fall plans are very much up in the air now, and meanwhile i have a life that's getting in the way of making any new ones.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the story that she had no idea what happened and only found out about it after the fact is ridiculous and the fact that people believe it is insane to me. It's just part of their cover story for what happened. It's 2018. Even if she's in London you can call her on her Dolce&Gabbanna-encased iPhone, call her assistant, email her, FaceTime, ANYTHING.
However, I do believe that she did not have much power in what happened. Personally I think John voted with Mick and Stevie because: he doesn't care that much either way, he's not really close with Lindsey, he has a loyalty to Mick as they're the Fleetwood & Mac part of Fleetwood Mac, he wants money just as much as Mick does (without being so obviously shameless about it).
So that would've left Christine's vote basically useless. And it's not like she's going to quit the band in protest considering she just rejoined after 17 years.
However you can tell from the Buckingham McVie album/tour/promo as well as her commentary on the Sirius channel how high of an opinion Christine holds in regards to Lindsey. It's true they've always gotten along well but I think she found him more difficult sometimes/complicated personally back in the day (because he was), but I think she really enjoys working with him totally now and really sings his praises.
I never thought a second Buckingham McVie album would happen, I thought it would be a one time thing, but now I think she might want to reach out to him again because she doesn't want to lose that relationship.