Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks interview Please ... - Oprah.com
Maybe i'm the only one but has anyone else noticed that Oprah has never interviewed Stevie Nicks. I myself would love to have that interview. How about you? ...
http://www.oprah.com/community/thread/153362
Old 02-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From a rather funny blog entry on "How to Date an Old Guy" by Kerri Amber

http://www.blogher.com/how-date-old-...ng&crumb=32412

Step 5: Brush up on Classic Rock

All older men like classic rock. It brings them back to their glory days. A few universal favorites are Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and Fleetwood Mac.

FACT: Stevie Nicks is currently on tour. Score tickets to this show and you will make his old heart skip a beat.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Miley Cyrus attended the L.A. premiere of Justin Bieber's movie, "Never Say Never," last night. And let's all quietly acknowledge that 18-year-old Miley Cyrus IS indeed wearing a caftan that wouldn't have been out of place on the late, great Bea Arthur's character Dorothy Zbornak on the '80s sitcom "The Golden Girls." It's like Dorothy Zbornak raided Stevie Nicks' closet, and Miley Cyrus' outfit was the result.

If you don't know who Stevie Nicks is, ask your aunt. She and your uncle DEFINITELY made out to at least three of their songs in a Trans-Am back in the day when your aunt had huge hair instead of mom hair. I'm not a mom (thank you very much), but I do love me some Stevie. (Especially Bella Donna. And "Landslide." Don't ever listen to that song if you're depressed because it'll only make you three times as depressed.) But the point is, the only person who should dress like Stevie Nicks -- and by dressing like Stevie Nicks I mean dressing like the kind of girl who spends a lot of time scouring secondhand stores for paisley scarves and rings with dragons on them -- is Stevie Nicks.

Miley! Stand back! You're SO close to 17, you're ACTUALLY on the "Edge Of Seventeen" (albeit on the slightly older edge). We think Miley's totally cute, but this look ages her unnecessarily beyond her ripe age of 18.

Also, WTF is this necklace contraption thing around Miley's neck!?!?!??
Clearly this necklace once has a face, it's the size of half of the Southwestern United States, and it looks like the type of thing you'd see hanging on the wall wall of a head shop.

Further proof that Miley Cyrus is morphing into Stevie Nicks? Miley's outfit on the German TV show "Wetten Dass...?" in November 2010...

Click this link to see the photoshttp://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2011/02/09...ngeles-outfit/
Old 02-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks To Release First Album In 10 Years
By Paul Cashmere
(Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:30:32 +1100)
Stevie Nicks has a new album on the way, her first in 10 years.

‘In Your Dreams’ was co-produced by Dave Stewart from Eurythmics and Glen Ballard. A single, ‘Secret Love’ has been released through iTunes.

Stevie’s last album was ‘Trouble In Shangri-La’ from 2001.

Stewart and Nicks started working together on ‘In Your Dreams’ in February, 2010.

Other tracks include ‘Everybody Loves You’, ‘Annabel Lee’, ‘For What It’s Worth’, ‘Cheaper Than Free’, ‘In Your Dreams’, ‘The Soldier’s Angel’, ‘Italian Summer’, and ‘The Ghosts Are Gone’.

‘In Your Dreams’ will be released through Warner Music in May. Stevie will tour the album with Rod Stewart starting on March 20 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

http://www.undercover.fm/news/13672-...um-in-10-years
Old 02-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Nicks drops new single ahead of tour with Rod Stewart

Story by Rob Evans
SoundSpike Editor
Published February 9, 2011

Stevie Nicks has released the first single from her forthcoming album "In Your Dreams," and a few more dates have been confirmed for her upcoming co-headlining tour with Rod Stewart.

The new Nicks single is titled "Secret Love," and is available this week via digital retailers. It comes ahead of the release of "In Your Dreams," Nicks' first album of new material in a decade. The album, due out May 3, was co-produced by former Eurythmic Dave Stewart and Glen Ballard.

On the touring front, Nicks and Rod Stewart have added one new stop since last check -- an April 15 appearance in Kansas City, MO -- to their previously announced trek together. They've also added second shows in New York City and Los Angeles.

The tour is slated for a March 20 kick-off in Fort Lauderdale, FL, followed by stops in another 14 North American cities.

Nicks, best known for her time in Fleetwood Mac, will likely visit some of her chart-topping hits while simultaneously promoting "In Your Dreams."

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Rod Stewart has sold more than 250 million albums in his 50-year career. His most recent set, "Fly Me to the Moon ... The Great American Songbook Volume V," surfaced in October and features more than a dozen classic pop standards.

"I'm already thinking about which of my old favorites to bring back and vocally, I think we've both begun thinking about which songs might be great fun and well-suited for a duet or two," Stewart said of the tour in a recent press release.

http://www.soundspike.com/news/tour/...drops_new.html
Old 02-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart Inspire Stevie Nicks New Album?Posted by Michelle Lamar on February 12th, 2011 at 1:50 am

Stevie Nicks is a Twihard! Stevie Nicks was inspired by Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, so she’s putting some Twilight inspired songs on her first album in over 10 years. That’s quite a compliment for Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, considering Nicks is a musical icon!

Stevie Nicks is releasing a new album this spring entitled In Your Dreams. Her inspiration for the album is the Twilight Saga! The musical diva released a statement about her new album:

“I had written a song in Brisbane, Australia when I was on tour with Fleetwood Mac in 2009 called ‘Moonlight — A Vampire’s Dream’ which was inspired by the New Moon film.”

“When I finished writing that song, which came together really quickly, I knew the time was right to start recording.”

Just goes to show the power of Twilight and the power of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart!
Kristen Stewart, 20, is officially a fashion icon, and you can see KStew’s influence at Fashion week!

According to Hollywood Life, “Designer Gary Graham presented a collection that was clearly inspired by Kristen’s Joan Jett look in The Runaways! The models wore jet-black wigs hacked into mullet haircuts, safety-pin necklaces, vintage tees and Converse Chucks for a punk, cool-street-girl look—just like Kristen!”

http://blogs.babble.com/famecrawler/...cks-new-album/
Old 02-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks reveals New Moon inspired her new song!

You can find a Twilight fan in the most unlikely of places. Stevie Nicks has not put out a new album in a decade, and now she’s releasing one this spring entitled In Your Dreams. Her inspiration that instigated this album? Twilight!

“I had written a song in Brisbane, Australia when I was on tour with Fleetwood Mac in 2009 called ‘Moonlight — A Vampire’s Dream’ which was inspired by the New Moon film,” reveals Stevie in a press release.

“When I finished writing that song, which came together really quickly, I knew the time was right to start recording.” Wow! So not only do Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have an international fan base with their Twilight movies, they are also influencing musicians!

Are you excited to hear Stevie’s New Moon-inspired song?

Lorena O’Neil

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/02...e-nicks-album/
Old 02-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Futurebirds :: Wild Heart (Stevie Nicks Cover) – Rollo & Grady ...
By rollogrady
Futurebirds just released this beautiful cover of Stevie Nick's "Wild Heart." It's the first single off of their forthcoming 4-track EP, Via Flami.

To hear the track click on link:
http://www.rollogrady.com/futurebird...e-nicks-cover/
Old 02-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The web is going crazy with news!
http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&xhr=...21893f6b4951a7
Old 02-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
It is! Maybe it isn't so Twilight laden, but she knew dropping the news about it would kick up some interest.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
It is! Maybe it isn't so Twilight laden, but she knew dropping the news about it would kick up some interest.
as much hate as people on the ledge have for three of the following aside
.. If she ropes in the twilight crew who spend money on ANYTHING Related, appears on glee, and does American idol. THIS ALBUM COULD BE UNSTOPPABLE

Last edited by Phoenix; 02-12-2011 at 06:36 PM..
Old 02-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If she could get it on the Breaking Dawn soundtrack that'd be pretty big.

That said, I despise Twilight.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Acquiring a new cachet as the living quarters of Tom Waits, the Tropicana filled up with struggling musicians. A pre-Fleetwood Mac Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham holed up at the Tropicana when they came to Hollywood and got their first recording contract; their debut album, Buckingham-Nicks, was released in 1973.

http://www.tomwaitslibrary.com/tropicana.html

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 02-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"My dream scenario for next February consists of me walking into an AMC theater, decked out in my top hat and cape for the film version of the Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks Heart and Soul Tour. What I want more than anything is to munch on popcorn and candy during the Rod Stewart bits."

http://www.daily49er.com/opinion/cur...-too-1.2467179
Old 02-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Beltway Greg on Feb 20, 10:28 AM said:
My sources have revealed that there's a real possibility it was none other than the ethereal Soft Rock super goddess and sometime Fleetwood Mac member and full-time Welsh Witch Stephanie "Stevie" Nicks. Or perhaps it may have been Rod "The Mod" Stewart who recently managed to pump out another puppy with yet another statuesque former super model. Either way, catch them both on the road, for the first time, together during their upcoming "Barbies and Barbituates" Tour March-June 2011. Good seats are still available.

http://www.businessinsider.com/myste...evealed-2011-2