Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mmmm let me see let me see...

- Don't Stop
- Dreams
- Landslide

I think "Go your own way" is amazing, and "Little Lies" and "Everywhere" are not so burnt like the others above (ok, maybe here where I am), as "Rhiannon" or "Big Love" too.
Regards!
Old 11-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just because I live in Poland where radios play only three Fleetwood Mac songs: "Little Lies", "Everywhere" and "Seven Wonders" I would choose them as the songs that I like but only in small quantities As much as I like "Tango In The Night" I think it's way too overplayed album, at least in my country.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishStevieFan View Post
As much as I like "Tango In The Night" I think it's way too overplayed album, at least in my country.
That's actually a refreshing thing to hear. Michele
Old 11-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
In the context of a live show set:

Rhiannon
Landslide
Dreams
Don't Stop - stop it!
Stand Back

Notably, mostly Stevie Nicks songs! Kind of sad that, after several decades she hasn't found newer material to feature prominently in live in shows. Though, it was somewhat revelatory that she brought to life 'Beautiful Child' and 'Storms.'

If you reference other long-standing bands, you will see that in most cases, while they give credence to their past, they don't rely so heavily on it in live performances.
I think she would love to not have to sing these same songs night after night but she still gets a great response when she does and she enjoys the fact that people sing them with her! Unfortunately when songs are played over and over again, like when you have to listen to the radio at work, you can't help but get tired of them. It must be the same for the singer as well! It doesn't do justice at all to the music for it to be overexposed in this way!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
In the context of a live show set:

Rhiannon
Landslide
Dreams
Don't Stop - stop it!
Stand Back

Notably, mostly Stevie Nicks songs! Kind of sad that, after several decades she hasn't found newer material to feature prominently in live in shows. Though, it was somewhat revelatory that she brought to life 'Beautiful Child' and 'Storms.'

If you reference other long-standing bands, you will see that in most cases, while they give credence to their past, they don't rely so heavily on it in live performances.

You see, i'm confused as to why Stevie is always accused of being the biggest offender in sticking to the same tired songs in her set, but I think Lindsey is way worse. He really could affrd to not do NGBA and Second Hand News at every danmed show. Other then ISA (which I could watch him do every day of the year such a mezmerizing experience) His standards get on my nerves way more. And he has more cemented in his set then Stevie. Stevie has Dreams GDW Rhiannon Stand Back and Edge. Shes toyed many times with a Landslide-less set but always falls back, but she tries. Lindsey never toys with no NGBA.

If you put the Wiltern Set next to Lindsey's songs from the small machine, Stevie wins hands down.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 11-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishStevieFan View Post
Just because I live in Poland where radios play only three Fleetwood Mac songs: "Little Lies", "Everywhere" and "Seven Wonders" I would choose them as the songs that I like but only in small quantities As much as I like "Tango In The Night" I think it's way too overplayed album, at least in my country.
Same here. I guess Tango was the biggest album they ever had in this part of the world. Macedonian radios (and Macedonia is not that far from Poland) mostly play Big Love, Everywhere, and Little Lies. They also used to play Peacekeeper and Thrown Down at least twice a day when SYW came out, and still play them pretty often. I used to live in Croatia and Serbia for some time, and Tusk is HUGE there.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
Same here. I used to live in Croatia and Serbia for some time, and Tusk is HUGE there.
What songs from Tusk do they beat into the ground there?
Old 11-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
What songs from Tusk do they beat into the ground there?
Sara, Beautiful Child and Tusk were played frequently on the radio, and most of the people I met owned a copy of the album, and considered it a classic. In Croatia they also play Save Me very often.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey, here in Argentina things are so different! Don't Stop and Dreams for example, are currency! In the radios always sound songs like the two above, with Black Magic Woman (both versions), and Landslide. But nothing else.
So, you listen more songs in the radio than here!
Regards

Last edited by moon; 11-28-2011 at 11:17 PM..
Old 11-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
You see, i'm confused as to why Stevie is always accused of being the biggest offender in sticking to the same tired songs in her set, but I think Lindsey is way worse. He really could affrd to not do NGBA and Second Hand News at every danmed show. Other then ISA (which I could watch him do every day of the year such a mezmerizing experience) His standards get on my nerves way more. And he has more cemented in his set then Stevie. Stevie has Dreams GDW Rhiannon Stand Back and Edge. Shes toyed many times with a Landslide-less set but always falls back, but she tries. Lindsey never toys with no NGBA.

If you put the Wiltern Set next to Lindsey's songs from the small machine, Stevie wins hands down.
Bless you, for I could soooooooooo do without another performance of I'm So Afraid. I was sick of that clunker back in 1982. Ugh. Ymmv.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
Sara, Beautiful Child and Tusk were played frequently on the radio
Wow! I've never heard Beautiful Child on the radio. Those 3 songs from Tusk are amazing. Maybe I should move there. Do you have any Latino's there?
Old 11-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

i completely disagree. however, i don't go to Stevie's solo shows so i have no complaints about her 14-song setlist - i don't care either way. i don't know most of her solo deep cuts. SB and EO17 are really the only SN solo songs i know.

but i went to a number of Lindsey's solo shows and out of 19 songs he does on Small Machine he performs 6 FM songs (so less than a third), others are solo. 6 FM songs are NGBA, BL, SHN, Tusk, ISA, and GYOW. i would hate it if he dropped any of these (although i wouldn't mind seeing faster version of NGBA). and casual concert goers / friends / family that i brought with me to some of the shows were blown away by both BL and ISA - everybody always seems to be. SHN and Tusk are great for loosening up the crowd and dancing. and GYOW - well that's just one huge party!! so no, i don't think he can drop any of these 6. if you have ever stood in front of Lindsey or anywhere within these small venues that he tours solo when he does live any of these songs, and you still want him to drop these, especially BL, ISA, or GYOW, i am very surprised.

but - i never liked Trouble, and still don't - so as far as i'm concerned he can drop Trouble. but again, people seem to react very positively to it. and if you look at what his solo hits were, you have Trouble, Go Insane and Holiday Road (arguably probably his biggest solo selling song if you look by the individual songs sales, even if it didn't originally chart that high). and he never ever does Holiday Road anymore. so out of 3 solo hits he had, he doesn't even do one of them.

of 13 solo songs Lindsey does on his current tour, he has 6 new ones in his setlist (i think this is the number of the new songs he consistently does when he tours solo, for any album), 2 hits - Trouble and Go Insane, and 65 deep cuts - SUD, UTS, AMS, TIO, Treason.

keep in mind that most of his older songs have been reworked and done in a different way - some slightly, others substantially.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I love Trouble. (And I'm not even a fingerpicking nut!) I still wish he'd get rid of Big Love instead.

I totally agree that SHN is necessary. It doesn't even matter if the song comes out terribly musically; it gets a lot of people standing up for the first time during the concert.

Lindsey is doing 6 FM songs, 6 new solo songs, 6 "other." And he changes his songs more than Stevie - this tour he's doing AMS, last time he did Don't Look Down. Last tour he did Come instead of ISA. I haven't been to a Stevie concert since 2001, but from what I've read, doesn't she largely do the same songs other than the IYD songs?

Anyway, I agree with elle.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Landslide except the original
Dont Stop and YMLF
NGBA and I have very little love for Big Love

It will never happen but I would like for both Lindsey & Stevie to have set list that are all solo songs. Leave the Fleetwood songs for the Mac setlist.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangdrum View Post
Last tour he did Come instead of ISA.
Hmm, I was at last tour, and he did both all four shows I attended?