User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

The crowds started to arrive around 4.30pm with Stevie Nicks arriving by helicopter
It would have been nice if she parachuted in.

I wonder if she got a chance to visit her horse.

Michele
Old 12-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

The crowds started to arrive around 4.30pm with Stevie Nicks arriving by helicopter
damn...when's she gonna arrive by broomstick?
Old 12-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
damn...when's she gonna arrive by broomstick?
Once Lindsey pulls it out of his...
Old 12-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Fleetwood Mac concert

Some pics of me at the Fleetwood Mac concert on Dec 6 at the Hope Estate in the Hunter Valley.

FANTASTIC! Lindsay Buckingham has a very unusual guitar playing style, and I was really impressed at how good he was. (This is the first time I've seen them live). Mick Fleetwood made the best faces and did an awesome drum solo. John Mac (I think that is his name) on bass - the best bass sound I have heard in a long time. Really nice. And of course Stevie Nicks was magical. I just love her voice. It is so unusual. A couple of melody parts that she changed left me feeling a little unsatisfied because I missed them. Does that make sense? You know when you've heard a song so many times so you expect to here that particularly melody line and then she doesn't hit that note. I guess she was still warming up. Or maybe it's age finally catching up. That scares me. I don't want my voice to age too fast!!!!

http://linda-wood.blogspot.com/2009/...c-concert.html
Old 06-29-2014, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sunday Morning Herald.au, June 27, 2014

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/andrew-mcm...#ixzz3637gCtSw

[excerpt from an article about McManus investigation]

A police investigation to find the owner of a $702,000 bag of cash has revealed that well-known concert promoter Andrew McManus has been avoiding tax, paying footballers under the table, using convicted drug dealers to deliver large sums of cash, withholding funds from bands including Fleetwood Mac and borrowing money from establishment figures such as Michael Kroger and David Lowy.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/andrew-mcm...#ixzz3637gCtSw
Old 07-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from an Australian news.com article on Andrew McManus, July 5, 2014]

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226979027067

But a newspaper said McManus had claimed to have $600,000 stashed at his home, and had suggested how to smuggle tour money into Australia. It also hinted that he had withheld funds from Kravitz and Fleetwood Mac.

McManus now says he talked to police at the height of his binges: “I was on a lot of morphine, I was drinking, and I was not in a good place.”

He denied withholding money from Fleetwood Mac and Lenny Kravitz. “That is a lie,” McManus says. “Fleetwood Mac know they got paid in full, my accountant knows, and the ATO knows they were paid in full. Exactly the same with Lenny.”

McManus denied smuggling in tour money, saying he was merely suggesting ways a promoter might do that.

“I regret what I said. I was not a lucid man at that stage,” he said.

Things are a little clearer now. He credits “good friends” with bringing him back from the brink. He also has a new relationship.

A phone call from country music superstar Kris Kristofferson, asking for McManus to do his farewell tour, rejuvenated the promoter too.

He is also in talks to tour Kiss, and other projects are emerging

“I’ve found the confidence to return to the business I love, with a new attitude,” McManus says. “I’ve paid my taxes, I’ve paid my bands, and I’ve paid my dues.”

nui.tekoha@news.com.au

Originally published as From promoting rock stars to rock bottom Back to top of page
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226979027067
Old 07-15-2014, 03:31 AM
Ledgie

I went to this show thinking it would be a more intimate setting. It turned out to be the biggest crowd at a winery gig in Australia to date.

The highlights were IKINW live, Sara, with some of the demo lines added and Landslide made me a little misty eyed. (As it does every time I hear it live.)

SYLM with S & L was very cool.

LB's voice was way too loud in the mix - it drowned out Stevie's lead vocals. Particularly infuriating at the end of Silver Springs.

It was a great show. Enough deep cuts for me and enough hits for my friend, the casual fans.

The venue was amazing. It felt like I imagine it did being at some of their mid 70's shows.

Love (and weed) was in the air.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from an interview with McManus]

Tone Deaf, July 30, 2014

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/413757/au...journalist.htm

In a soon-to-be published interview with Tone Deaf, McManus called McClymont’s comments “enormously defamatory… that I withheld money from Fleetwood Mac – that is such a lie! They’re my friends, they know it, the band knows it, the tax department know it, everyone knows it – they got paid in full.”

He explains: “It’s caused me damage with certain friends overseas hence why I did the other article in the Herald Sun to ensure the message got across,” saying that he and his lawyers were investigating legal action against Fairfax and the NSW Police, though no legal action has eventuated.

The Herald Sun article in question sees McManus explaining that the Police interview from which McClymont’s claims are based was conducted during a period of personal turmoil; “I was on a lot of morphine, I was drinking, and I was not in a good place.”

In his statement to media today, McManus questions: “What has Miss McClymont to gain by dragging up a difficult time marred by health issues via painkiller and alcohol dependence? … [she] may hide behind the deep pockets and layers of lawyers afforded by Fairfax Media, but every dog has their day and bad news sells newspapers, irrespective of the damage done to name, business and affiliates directly affected by the slander.”

McManus explains to Tone Deaf that the $700k bag of money was intended to pay back Owen Hanson Jnr, on behalf of ZZ Top for a tour. “What they did with subsequently thereafter should be none of my business.”

When asked why he thought the 2012 Police interview had been drudged up, McManus replied, “to answer you, that’s exactly what I said, ‘why the **** has this happened?’”

Adding that “from what my understanding is … the Police ran this case, what? Last three years? So they’ve cost the taxpayers of New South Wales nearly a million dollars. They turn around and go, ‘we need a scalp – take whoever you can’. And when this journalist has gone in and dug in to find out who the players were, I’m the easiest mark. And so they try to character assassinate me again.”
Old 04-10-2015, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[excerpt from Otago Daily Times article about promoters] 4/11/2015

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/33...full-attention

The sound of silence was eventually broken by Paul Simon and Aerosmith in 2013, but not before DVML found itself in a legal dispute with another promoter, McManus Entertainment.

The company had planned to follow up Aerosmith's show with Fleetwood Mac later the same year, as part of a two-show deal signed with DVML.

The deal collapsed when Fleetwood Mac committed to Live Nation instead.

McManus Entertainment managing director Andrew McManus slammed DVML's decision to try to charge a $50,000 cancellation fee.

''I guarantee you I will never, ever bring another show to Dunedin while those people are in charge,'' he said at the time.

The fee was eventually reduced to $15,000, but the dispute added up to a seemingly fractious relationship between the company tasked with securing big concerts for the stadium and the promoters capable of delivering them.