User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
He is? I do know that women he has been involved with have said he is abusive. Ken Cailllat says he witnessed that in his book. I don't think he is the same man any more. For a brief shining, moment in the 90's I do think there was an improvement in his relationship with Stevie. Something went horribly wrong with them around Say You Will and I believe whatever relationship they do have as been on the decline ever since. He may be a great guy or he may be a jerk but there's no question in my mind that the relationship between he and Stevie is extremely toxic.
sorry, I was being sarcastic and showing the other poster how you can take any statement and make it apply to either party.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For a brief shining, moment in the 90's I do think there was an improvement in his relationship with Stevie. Something went horribly wrong with them around Say You Will and I believe whatever relationship they do have as been on the decline ever since.
You mean...getting another woman pregnant and marrying her?

I know he loves me
Everyday he calls me
He says he adores me
What can I say?
You can't love him
You can't have him
I do have him
Most of the time
Anywhere we can
Anytime we can
Get away
Get away

Last edited by ryan4136; 04-11-2018 at 07:19 PM..
Old 04-11-2018, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Understandable... but there's a big difference!

So, does that mean that we actually have no reason to believe that Lindsey didn't want to tour?
I don't know what to think at this point.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
You mean...getting another woman pregnant and marrying her?
No. I don't think they have had an intimate relationship for decades. I think it was professional.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She might have been in love with the idea of him wanting her, or the fantasy of it. Cut to him getting married, then cut to the SYW recording process, then cut to the cash grab tours and his need to create and her refusal, then cut to him pairing with Christine (which I dont care what anyone says, I bet it pissed her off at least at first) to now wanting to yet again push the tour back and whatever may have happened in between......

No wonder it went south. There isnt enough room for both their egos. Lindseys has gotten worse with age and Stevie has, at least in my opinion, not been the same since her mother died. I think she grounded her in reality and now that rope is gone.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
No wonder it went south. There isnt enough room for both their egos. Lindseys has gotten worse with age and Stevie has, at least in my opinion, not been the same since her mother died. I think she grounded her in reality and now that rope is gone.
i wonder what is this based on?

from everything we've seen he's become way more down to earth, grounded person with age.

but when he's in stevie's company, it seems they both can't resist pushing each others' buttons till one of them explodes. she even said that in that 2014 RS interview. and the fact that interview even existed in the middle of the mac tour was her pushing buttons to the max - his and everyone's else's in the band. how did that happen that her publicist was somehow inexplicably publicist for the whole band too? got a call for band interview and turned it to Stevie-only interview? who was hugely egocentric self-serving diva in that case?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2018, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The only official statement is that Lindsey didn't want to tour at this time.
nope. the only official statement is that he will not be touring with them.

not that he didn't want to. he will not be touring with them, because they will not allow it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2018, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine is being raked over the coals on a few threads and people are referring to John as complacent. Again the official statement only says Lindsey didn't want to tour.
again - your bias is showing.

the official statement only says he will not be touring. very different.

not that he didn't want to.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It didn't take the band long to replace Lindsey ... in a statement provided to TMZ, the group has announced that Mike Campbell (Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers) and Neil Finn (Crowded House) will join the group for the upcoming tour.

As for the Lindsey situation, the statement simply reads, "Lindsey Buckingham will not be performing with the band on this tour. The band wishes Lindsey all the best."

https://www.tmz.com/2018/04/09/fleet...farewell-tour/

To clarify it didn't say he didn't want to tour it said he wasn't going to. I'm having a hard time keeping up at this point.
how do you read that as he didn't want to??????????

Old 04-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nope. the only official statement is that he will not be touring with them.

not that he didn't want to. he will not be touring with them, because they will not allow it.
Thank you for continuing to make this clear!
Lindsey was fired. RIP Fleetwood Mac

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Understandable... but there's a big difference!

So, does that mean that we actually have no reason to believe that Lindsey didn't want to tour?
exactly.

funny how that works, with people repeating over and over what they want to see, instead of what the fact actually are.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Thank you for continuing to make this clear!
Lindsey was fired. RIP Fleetwood Mac
i'm just extremely annoyed with the people insisting on facts in the same breath making up the non-existent statements and selling them as facts.

and didn't mean to jump on you specifically gldstwmn, it's just i've been seeing this crap for like 2 weeks now:
statement: Lindsey is out.
fans: Lindsey that jerk left the band again. we all always knew he's an a**hole.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
exactly.

funny how that works, with people repeating over and over what they want to see, instead of what the fact actually are.
Some people are blind to their fandom. They refuse to call a spade a spade, no matter how damning the evidence.

I lay a huge portion of the blame at the feet of my heroine. Not that I know all the facts, but if she's guilty, she's guilty.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Some people are blind to their fandom. They refuse to call a spade a spade, no matter how damning the evidence.

I lay a huge portion of the blame at the feet of my heroine. Not that I know all the facts, but if she's guilty, she's guilty.
i think your heroine is the least guilty in this whole mess. after Lindsey, i feel the worst for her. this is not what she was hoping to get back to. possibly even worse mess than when she left, but now with sober petty old people acting like little children and holding nothing back anymore.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i think your heroine is the least guilty in this whole mess. after Lindsey, i feel the worst for her. this is not what she was hoping to get back to. possibly even worse mess than when she left, but now with sober petty old people acting like little children and holding nothing back anymore.
I think she should have left with him. I'm angry with her for not doing so. If she said, "kick him out, and I'm gone too". There's NO WAY they could have let that scenario happen!

I was so touched by BV(I cried at both shows I saw), that her not saving the day by standing up for him, makes me think the whole thing was a farce, now.