Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i wonder what is this based on?

from everything we've seen he's become way more down to earth, grounded person with age.

but when he's in stevie's company, it seems they both can't resist pushing each others' buttons till one of them explodes. she even said that in that 2014 RS interview. and the fact that interview even existed in the middle of the mac tour was her pushing buttons to the max - his and everyone's else's in the band. how did that happen that her publicist was somehow inexplicably publicist for the whole band too? got a call for band interview and turned it to Stevie-only interview? who was hugely egocentric self-serving diva in that case?
That.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Some people are blind to their fandom. They refuse to call a spade a spade, no matter how damning the evidence.

I lay a huge portion of the blame at the feet of my heroine. Not that I know all the facts, but if she's guilty, she's guilty.
For me, I don’t know enough details about what happened. I doubt any of them would pick splitting up the classic lineup as a first choice. All I do know is Lindsey was visibly unhappy in FM and that there was a bad fight. I wasn’t especially surprised by any of it based solely on what Lindsey has said and from what I’ve seen from the Classic shows. Given a choice, he’d probably just do LB/CM.

I wrote off Stevie years ago and think they made a huge mistake siding with her over Lindsey. I also thought LB/CM should have been credited to Fleetwood Mac.

That said, Neil Finn and Mike Campbell are freaking amazing. They didn’t embarrass themselves this time. I’m intrigued, to say the least.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-12-2018, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
For me, I don’t know enough details about what happened. I doubt any of them would pick splitting up the classic lineup as a first choice. All I do know is Lindsey was visibly unhappy in FM and that there was a bad fight. I wasn’t especially surprised by any of it based solely on what Lindsey has said and from what I’ve seen from the Classic shows. Given a choice, he’d probably just do LB/CM.

I wrote off Stevie years ago and think they made a huge mistake siding with her over Lindsey. I also thought LB/CM should have been credited to Fleetwood Mac.

That said, Neil Finn and Mike Campbell are freaking amazing. They didn’t embarrass themselves this time. I’m intrigued, to say the least.
WHY was he unhappy?

She ruined a once very creative band. And Buck Vie WAS Fleetwood Mac, and should have been labeled as such.

On your last point, we disagree. They're past the point of reinvention. They're old, with their image cemented forever. I think ANY new lineup is a f*cking embarrassment to their legacy. I'm certain that Stevie's EGO would disagree with me.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
WHY was he unhappy?

She ruined a once very creative band. And Buck Vie WAS Fleetwood Mac, and should have been labeled as such.

On your last point, we disagree. They're past the point of reinvention. They're old, with their image cemented forever. I think ANY new lineup is a f*cking embarrassment to their legacy. I'm certain that Stevie's EGO would disagree with me.
I totally agree with this. People trying to make this better by saying how Fleetwood Mac always was evolving are forgetting the fact that the band is on its very last days. They're in their 70s. It's not like they're going to be making any new albums or going on much tours after this.
The 'image' of the band in the heads of 99% of the general public in 2018 is the Rumours 5 and now they've ruined it.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I totally agree with this. People trying to make this better by saying how Fleetwood Mac always was evolving are forgetting the fact that the band is on its very last days. They're in their 70s. It's not like they're going to be making any new albums or going on much tours after this.
The 'image' of the band in the heads of 99% of the general public in 2018 is the Rumours 5 and now they've ruined it.
Exactly
These new members are only stand ins so their farewell world tour can go on as planned. Not much thought was put into these members. Really anyone could have worked.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Exactly
These new members are only stand ins so their farewell world tour can go on as planned. Not much thought was put into these members. Really anyone could have worked.
Not really. If they would have hired a bunch of nobodies they wouldn't make any money. Now they have Mike Campbell who's very well known in the USA and Neil Finn who's very well known in Australia and New Zealand. They killed 2 birds with one stone.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-12-2018, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Not really. If they would have hired a bunch of nobodies they wouldn't make any money. Now they have Mike Campbell who's very well known in the USA and Neil Finn who's very well known in Australia and New Zealand. They killed 2 birds with one stone.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I never knew Crowded House to have a large and loyal following in the states. I cant imagine increased ticket sales because of him. I think most hardcore Heartbreakers fans are dead set against Mike joining Fleetwood Mac. I get it because they are 2 completely different music styles. But you never know.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-12-2018 at 08:10 AM..
Old 04-12-2018, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You know I can't help but look at your avatar, the pic of LB and CM in their BuckVie photo shoot, and the clips of them making that album, and all the lovey dovey going on throughout... there were Mick and Lindsey hugging and Lindsey saying to Mick "I love you, man" and the back slapping, and all the hugging and kissing with Chris........ Not to even mention the whole BuckVie tour.

And now this.

It just doesn't compute.
Those were sincere words from Lindsey's mouth. Mick and Christine, not at all.

I can only imagine Lindsey's initial shock when they told him he was fired. So much that he tried to get back in.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
they'll see. Mick issues icy cold statement but still leaves the door cracked just in case tour without him bombs.

seriously though they said to one of the outlets that their decision is firm and final.
They said that? Well, then, he should make them beg when they come back asking for him.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's because Mick Fleetwood is a complete, blooming, f*cking IDIOT. He has a musical sense, but is completely lacking anything in the common sense department. I'm amazed that he remembers to breathe.
He's more idiot for pleasing Stevie's wishes. A front woman with a tambourine. The decisions on one of the most important American rock bands in history will now be made by a woman and her tambourine.

How stupid is that? I wonder what she's gonna do when she turns to her left on the stage and find no traces of her musical director for the past 43 years.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I wonder what she's gonna do when she turns to her left on the stage and find no traces of her musical director for the past 43 years.
I think she might miss him. I hope she does. I hope they all realize this was a horrible mistake and ask him back.

Old 04-12-2018, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
Does that mean we no longer have to read your misogynistic tag degrading Stevie?
I'm a woman and it's embarrassing for me to share gender with her.

And the abuse/victim card are also getting old....
Old 04-12-2018, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would seriously hope that he would refuse to ever go back.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I think she might miss him. I hope she does. I hope they all realize this was a horrible mistake and ask him back.
I can only hear to Lindsey's songs on FM right now. I was listening to GYOW this morning. How are they gonna match that energy on stage, I don't know. How are they gonna raise the audience from the seats, I also don't know. It's gonna be worst than a funeral.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Those were sincere words from Lindsey's mouth. Mick and Christine, not at all.

I can only imagine Lindsey's initial shock when they told him he was fired. So much that he tried to get back in.
What if Lindsey kind of angled to get himself fired...
Maybe he didn’t want one huge tour with no new Fleetwood Mac music.
Like he said “close your eyes and take the money” maybe didn’t appeal anymore

He has a new LP waiting for release and he is still the artistic one.
No one knows what exactly went down between FIVE of them (yet)