User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2018, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Is English your second language? I'm not trying to be shady... I'm just trying to justify what I perceive to be poor reading comprehension on your part. And if English is your second language, I totally understand why you're not quite getting my point. My point is that the rise of conservative media has elevated stupid conspiracy theories to the mainstream. I did not call you conservative.

Stop it. Now you're just delving into semantics. When Mick demurs that "firing" is an "ugly word," he is not denying that Fleetwood Mac fired Lindsey. Mick was trying to come up with a less caustic term for what happened... which was that Lindsey was fired. He never, ever said or implied that Lindsey left on his own accord.

So once they decided they couldn't move forward with Lindsey, what were they supposed to do? Just gaze at their navels until a random guitar player fell from the sky? Of course they probably had Options B, C, D, E, etc. when they finally decided to pull the plug on Lindsey. That's just common sense.

...and your point is...? What does that have to do with your narrative about everyone being greedy and Stevie holding everyone hostage and acting like a diva and conspiring to get out from under Lindsey's shadow?

We have Carol Ann's account. We have some degree of corroboration regarding Lindsey's anger management issues from Ken Caillat (and Richard Dashut too, I think?). We have Mick's account in his book about Lindsey chasing Stevie around Christine's cul de sac after he announced his departure. There are multiple accounts of the NZ show where Lindsey chucked his guitar at Stevie. Sure, you can be a Lindsey apologist, and that is your right. But the portrait of St. Lindsey that emerges after these accounts of his behavior does not exactly help to negate those allegations.

Please show me one post by anyone that "Stevie is perfect, all her songs are perfect." I just happen to think that criticism has to be backed by more than just wacky conspiracy theories and connecting dots that are located in different time zones. If you are criticizing her work or her performance, it's all legit as long as you have observed it with your own eyes/ears. But formulating such strong stances about the character of someone you don't really know based on a limited dataset is naďve at best.

Sniping at someone who makes a post you disagree with doesn't change the fact that your comments are also based on a number of assumptions about what is and isn't true. Your comments also demonstrate that you have not read many posts. A skim of this thread, others in the Rumours forum, and in the Stevie forum will provide you plenty of posts about Stevie's infallibility. As for 'St. Lindsey', you've clearly not read my posts with care because I've said over and over and over again that Lindsey has been, and I quote, "sh*tty", a "b*astard", an "arse" among many other names, and that I don't blame Stevie for not wanting to work with him any longer. I don't think anyone in this band is a saint. Far from it. But that doesn't fit your narrative.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-22-2018 at 02:00 AM..
Old 10-22-2018, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Stevie isn't capable or running her life, much less a rock band.
And please, don't reduce this to a women vs. men thing. None of them have the musical knowledge and the ability or even the physical status to run a rock band.
Last time I checked, Stevie was a millionaire doing a successful tour with her band of voer 40 years. I don't see how she is not capable, able and doing fine.
FM does indeed tour right now, haven't you heard? So your argument here is just nonsense.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Last time I checked, Stevie was a millionaire doing a successful tour with her band of voer 40 years. I don't see how she is not capable, able and doing fine.
FM does indeed tour right now, haven't you heard? So your argument here is just nonsense.
Yep
FM needs Stevie more than ever these days. She does not need to do a thing, just appear on the stage and each band member will make 10 million with her and $200,000 without her.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Get some sleep stat!
Can you refute a point without just attacking the person posting it? I'm starting to get really, really tired of you talking about me. Every frigging post you comment on of mine contains some bullsh!t comment about me. This ain't about me. Either refute the point or STFU.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post

I guess if there is one side effect of the rise of "fake news" and conservative media, it is the tragic elevation of conspiracy theories into mainstream discourse. Everything is a conspiracy now (despite the fact that not a single conspiracy has ever been proven as fact) and everyone feels that every move is based on some evil shadow organization with malicious intent. So, by all means, let your imagination run wild with Stevie conspiracy theories. You know... there must be a reason why she only wears black...
On the one hand they say Stevie is lazy and on the other they say she's constantly plotting Lindsey's demise. I mean c'mon which is it?
Old 10-22-2018, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Mike broke into “Johnny B. Goode” last night. I think that’s the type of deviation from the script that’s been missing for them. I can’t imagine a scenario where breaking into Chuck Berry wouldn’t make Mick and John’s day.
I read that. His birthday was on 10/18 and CB was from St. Louis. It was a nice nod from Mike. I hope someone caught that on video.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

For every posting on this board about Stevie screwing over Lindsey there's an equivalent post about Lindsey abusing Stevie,
Because that happened...
Quote:
about Lindsey having no talent
I haven't seen anyone say he's not talented. I have seen people say his songs are weird.

Quote:
about Lindsey's wife being a gold-digger,
I think that's true to a certain extent. He's older and loaded and she's younger.
Quote:
about Lindsey and his wife not really living together
I think they live together and take breaks.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It's really tough to be a FM fan right now (at least for me) and it's tough actually to come to this board sometimes.
I am really struggling to get behind this incarnation of the group. It has nothing to do with the talent of this group (new and old), but everything to do with the lies, half truths and misinformation that was dispersed at the time we heard LB wasn't touring with them.
What Mick said lines up with what's in Lindsey's lawsuit. Fleetwood Mac hasn't been talking because they were advised not to. We really still only have one side of the story.
It would be great if we could all get along but I think it's too little, too late to start taking the high road now.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:48 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
about Lindsey's wife being a gold-digger
Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I think that's true to a certain extent. He's older and loaded and she's younger.
Quote:
about Lindsey and his wife not really living together
Quote:
I think they live together and take breaks.
How is this not sexism/misogyny to accuse Kristen Buckingham of being a gold digger? You flat-out confess to disliking her for inserting herself in this situation, so why can't people dislike Stevie or Karen for their roles in all this without being accused of misogyny? Sounds pretty convenient to me.

Quote:
In reading the Rolling Stone article and Lindsey's court filing the takeaways I had were:
I don't think LB and his wife live together 100% of the time.
This is a concerted attack by someone who is very, very practiced at being an emotional terrorist.
Stevie is a god damned saint for putting up with this sh!t for 40 years.
This is probably the craziest conspiracy theory anyone's offered yet in the anti-Lindsey camp. You really outdid yourself this time. So does a lawsuit now qualify as a form of abuse? Calling Stevie a saint is really unbelievable, but at least we know you have zero pretense to objectivity. Not that there was any doubt.

Last edited by saniette; 10-22-2018 at 11:56 AM..
Old 10-22-2018, 11:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Can you refute a point without just attacking the person posting it? I'm starting to get really, really tired of you talking about me. Every frigging post you comment on of mine contains some bullsh!t comment about me. This ain't about me. Either refute the point or STFU.
I mean, you hypothesized that Lindsey and his wife "don't live together 100% of the time," while providing zero evidence to back up the claim. And then you acted indignant when people pushed back. So, maybe take your own advice and start there? I assume you're not referring to when he was on the road with Fleetwood Mac, BuckVie, or solo?
Old 10-22-2018, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Stevie is probably the queen of jumping on any trend,.
Really? She's been wearing the same clothing for 40 years. Not that that's a bad thing...
Old 10-22-2018, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yep
FM needs Stevie more than ever these days. She does not need to do a thing, just appear on the stage and each band member will make 10 million with her and $200,000 without her.
Exactly!
Old 10-22-2018, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
How is this not sexism/misogyny to accuse Kristen Buckingham of being a gold digger? You flat-out confess to disliking her for inserting herself in this situation, so why can't people dislike Stevie or Karen for their roles in all this without being accused of misogyny? Sounds pretty convenient to me.
I'm not a man. The definition of misogyny specifically relates to the male gender's deep seated hatred of women. I guess you could say it's sexist but it's also true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
This is probably the craziest conspiracy theory anyone's offered yet in the anti-Lindsey camp. You really outdid yourself this time. So does a lawsuit now qualify as a form of abuse? Calling Stevie a saint is really unbelievable, but at least we know you have zero pretense to objectivity. Not that there was any doubt.
A lawsuit is abuse? Sorry you lost me there. I never claimed to be objective. Clearly my opinion is subjective. And I only have one side of the story to form an opinion with.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
I mean, you hypothesized that Lindsey and his wife "don't live together 100% of the time," while providing zero evidence to back up the claim. And then you acted indignant when people pushed back. So, maybe take your own advice and start there? I assume you're not referring to when he was on the road with Fleetwood Mac, BuckVie, or solo?
Oh but I have sources. Kidding! I have read and seen things that bring me to that conclusion. It's funny out of all the things I've said that this is the thing that's got everyone so hot and bothered. I could be wrong you know.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:23 PM
saniette
This message has been deleted by saniette.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I read that. His birthday was on 10/18 and CB was from St. Louis. It was a nice nod from Mike. I hope someone caught that on video.
It was also Tom’s birthday and that was the first song Mike ever played with Tom.

THE Stephen Hopkins