Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2003, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
His style connects with me. In fact, it sort of *is* me.
David...what do you mean exactly???????
Old 01-03-2003, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tuigirl

David...what do you mean exactly???????
Lindsey once said, "Music is a means of expression that rings truer and is more connected to things inside than speech."

Music can be a voice for the soul of the player. Every decision we make is, ultimately, emotionally decided. We are, in effect, our emotions. LB's playing is, to certain ears, a direct gateway into his soul: we are hearing some of his deepest emotions, which would otherwise be left unheard if the only form of communication was words. Therefore, we are, in a way, hearing the purest form of him.

If somebody is emotionally similar or identical to Lindsey Buckingham, or have emotions that would result in the same playing if he/she was as musically able as Lindsey, it is possible for that person to connect perfectly with Lindsey's playing. That would mean that the guitar notes that you are hearing ARE "Lindsey Buckingham" and also ARE that particular listener. I am one of those listeners...LB's guitar playing speaks to me like no other's.

IF that's what David meant, then I understand what he said perfectly.

Last edited by seteca; 01-03-2003 at 05:05 PM..
Old 01-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Exactly...

Favorite means someone different for us all...I wanted to know who your fave is, not who is the BEST guitarist ever because that is all opinion...I connect with Lindsey like no other guitarist, so to ME, he is the BEST guitarist. Peter Green, Clapton, Hendrix, etc..connects with some of you more than Lindsey...so they are your faves and who you think are the BEST guitarists. I truly believe that it all meshes and connects together that way anyhow.

David and seteca hit the nail....maybe I should have worded it...Which guitarist(s) touches your soul like no other?

Music has always been one of my "best friends" because of things I went through as a kid...it was "there for me" when I was alone and crying. I'm an only child and it comforted me (God did too, I prayed alot) and kept me sane when my parents fought. Your average music listener doesn't "respect" (IMO) music like I do (and most of you, I'm sure, even tho I don't "know" most of you). Unless I'm wrong, the average person doesn't go online to discuss music like we do on a daily or regular basis. When I "discover" a new group/singer that I love, I get SO excited because it's like a "secret" that no one knows about...which is only ONE reason I love Danny Kirwan so much...but at the same time, I want the whole WORLD to listen to "my music" and fall in love with it as much as I am...yeah, I'm wierd that way.

I love Lindsey's quote, seteca and it's wierd because when women think of men, the word EMOTIONS doesn't usually come up! LOL Most women see men as humans who have a hard time showing their emotions...BUT, I think men show emotion in other avenues (music being one of the most common) and that's only ONE reason men are so cool! That's why I connect more with male singers/songwriters rather than females...because women can talk about what they are feeling, men have a hard time doing that, so music is where they go for a release...and the results are GREATNESS!!

Anywho, Alex...I've been GREAT! I hope school and everything is going well with you as well!! PM me sometime, girl.
Old 01-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

*agrees with Wondergirl9847 about Lindsey being the best guitarist*