Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tour postponed - new dates August

in the other thread i posted article / new interview with Lindsey where he was asked what is he doing during corona stay-at-home times. he said the whole tour is postponed, and that he was also originally planning another, larger tour to support new album, starting in August.

from this Las Vegas date (moved to August 15), it is unclear whether this will now be the original spring tour, or he will just go with his original August plans but honor April tickets for dates that were available.

of course, it's hard to predict what will happen by August, but this is for right now:

https://www.thesmithcenter.com/updates/

Home » PERFORMANCE UPDATES

PERFORMANCE UPDATES
In light of the actions from Nevada Governor Sisolak and the guidance by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) regarding COVID-19, a number of shows at The Smith Center have been cancelled or postponed. With this latest development, we want to share with you some important information and options regarding your ticket purchase.

CANCELLED SHOWS: We have automatically credited your account and we are offering you the following options:

Receive a full refund
Use your credit for a future ticket purchase.
Turn this credit into a tax-deductible donation*

POSTPONED SHOWS: Hang on to your tickets to guarantee your seat for the new date, or feel free to use the same options as a cancelled show.

Due to our concern for everyone’s health, we’ve made the decision to temporarily close our call center and box office services until further notice. Please contact us by email at customerservice@thesmithcenter.com as an alternative to phone service with your preferred option.

As we work diligently to address changes that affect a high volume of patrons, we appreciate your patience as we try to respond to all requests in as timely a manner as possible. We will continue to monitor and respond to guidance by government and health officials.

*The Smith Center is a non-profit organization. All donations enable our continued impact on the community.

Updated as of 3/20/2020 at 4:00 PM

# Original Date Event Name Status

32 Sat., Apr. 25 Lindsey Buckingham New Date: Sat., Aug 15, 2020

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-21-2020, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wonder whether dates that will be postponed to August will be the same tour that was supposed to happen in April/May, or will he just release that album he's mastering now some time in the summer or August and tour it as he originally planned?

or will the album release and second tour be postponed.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-21-2020, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wonder whether dates that will be postponed to August will be the same tour that was supposed to happen in April/May, or will he just release that album he's mastering now some time in the summer or August and tour it as he originally planned?

or will the album release and second tour be postponed.
My take is that he'll merge the Spring Tour with his Summer New Album Tour.
My presumption would be he'd be playing indoor halls/theaters of the same size on the previously planned New Album Tour as the Spring Tour.
He has momentum now with The Killers song & with it being his first tour since his procedure. He should surf the wave!
Old 03-23-2020, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OKC has been moved to August 5th.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

finally official postponement of the tour:

new dates are slowly dripping in from the venues.

considering July Olympics were just postponed for a year, who knows whether these early August dates will really happen.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

currently listed new dates on TM and Eventbrite -

Old 03-29-2020, 04:58 PM

Thanks for posting!
Old 03-29-2020, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not to be a Debbie downer but I predict these dates will be cancelled also. I doubt ANY band will tour this year.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think people will tour this year, but not that early. Even if the virus recedes in hot weather I don’t think concert goers will be ready financially until later on.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think people will tour this year, but not that early. Even if the virus recedes in hot weather I don’t think concert goers will be ready financially until later on.
Agree, I think maybe October would be the earliest. But, I love LB's tenacity. He's still got it!
Old 04-03-2020, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Today, I am remembering how “Use Me” was played before Lindsey shows. For such a short career, Bill Withers had a lot of hits.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Today, I am remembering how “Use Me” was played before Lindsey shows. For such a short career, Bill Withers had a lot of hits.
Lean On Me was released in 1972. How is that a short career?
Old 04-03-2020, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just mean that he left the business when he was only 45 and obviously still had so much more to give. He was not active for long.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just mean that he left the business when he was only 45 and obviously still had so much more to give. He was not active for long.
I never realized that he'd left the business. I figured he was just playing small rooms these days.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Not to be a Debbie downer but I predict these dates will be cancelled also. I doubt ANY band will tour this year.
duh.

(where's that Billie Eilish meme when you need one?)