Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Ledgie

Default jealous much?

cough, cough, I'm choking with all this estrogen in this thread!
Settle down ladies and stop blaming Lindsey for Christine's refusal to join FM and her obvious lack of success. The OP just put a compliment Lindsey said about Chris and you proceed to troll all over it.

Now, I dont want to seem harsch but im only saying what everybody else is already thinking. If Lindsey and Stevie wouldn't of joined, FM would have most certainly gone down in music industry as forgotten old english has beens without any hits. I suggest that you ladies stop acting like school girls and have to resort to name calling and thank your lucky star Lindsey and Stevie joined Fleetwood Mac and graced us with their marvelous music.

This "English tea lady" is no good without FM and her records show it, thats why she retired. So why don't we all try to act civil and give Lindsey his dues.

Last edited by Blondie85; 03-11-2007 at 07:01 PM..
Old 03-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Ledgie

We are not all ladies. Thanks.

It's clear you dislike Christine based upon your thoughts and especially your signature quote, so we are on the same page, but we have dislike for Lindsey.

Last edited by pontiac6k; 03-11-2007 at 07:40 PM..
Old 03-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Junior Ledgie

I don't usually post here but just wanted to say a few things :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie85 View Post
Now, I dont want to seem harsch but im only saying what everybody else is already thinking. If Lindsey and Stevie wouldn't of joined, FM would have most certainly gone down in music industry as forgotten old english has beens without any hits.
and Lindsey and Stevie would probably have disappeared before making a name for themselves. That argument is pathetic. And what is you're problem with the english? how very mature

Quote:
This "English tea lady" is no good without FM and her records show it
That is a subjective opinion, there are obviously people that disagree. There are also people that think that statement is true for Lindsey's solo stuff (I'm not one of them).

Quote:
thats why she retired.
WRONG

Quote:
This "English tea lady" is no good without FM and her records show it, thats why she retired. So why don't we all try to act civil and give Lindsey his dues.
act civil?! like you?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

oh how cute, you've come to troll the christine board! old habits die hard, it appears. well at least you've taken some time to grow a pair and do it out in the open. no aliases for you now right? refreshing.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
oh how cute, you've come to troll the christine board! old habits die hard, it appears. well at least you've taken some time to grow a pair and do it out in the open. no aliases for you now right? refreshing.
Lookin' for trouble.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Lookin' for trouble.
couldn't help myself. i'll be making use of that storied "ignore" feature now.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
couldn't help myself. i'll be making use of that storied "ignore" feature now.
I still haven't tried it, but I might have to give it a go!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 03-12-2007 at 12:39 AM..
Old 03-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
they say that ignorace is bliss. i'm about to become a believer!
Old 03-12-2007, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Settle down ladies and stop blaming Lindsey for Christine's refusal to join FM and her obvious lack of success. The OP just put a compliment Lindsey said about Chris and you proceed to troll all over it.

Now, I dont want to seem harsch but im only saying what everybody else is already thinking. If Lindsey and Stevie wouldn't of joined, FM would have most certainly gone down in music industry as forgotten old english has beens without any hits. I suggest that you ladies stop acting like school girls and have to resort to name calling and thank your lucky star Lindsey and Stevie joined Fleetwood Mac and graced us with their marvelous music.

this is the most intelligent thing you've ever said!!! and that's sayin' a lot.... and that's sayin a lot
Old 03-12-2007, 04:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I don't think anybody was blaming Lindsey for Christine leaving FM

A few of us (including me) haven't cared for some of his disrespectful remarks towards Christine since she left.

If Stevie and Lindsey hadn't joined FM they would have plodded on with the same moderate success as they'd always had. Stevie and Lindsey may or may not have been successful in their own right nobody knows.

Put the two together and we got the marvellous chemistry. Take away one of the elements and ther whole package is (IMO) not so powerful (Behind the Mask, Time and Say You Will)

I hope that you have noted that I am being a damn sight more polite to you than you were to me on Christine's site.

Gail
Old 03-12-2007, 05:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I see the little troll is back. If I remember correctly, he complained about Homer in the Stevie forum thereby forcing poor Homer to post in the Stevie forum.

This guy has no right calling anyone else a troll after what he did on the message board on Chris' site.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It does work. I previously only had one person on ignore, but now there are two.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I see the little troll is back. If I remember correctly, he complained about Homer in the Stevie forum thereby forcing poor Homer to post in the Stevie forum.

This guy has no right calling anyone else a troll after what he did on the message board on Chris' site.
Isn't he the "one"? Don't I have his.....(edit- Homie hates being PC....)..."pertinent information", in a Word file here, somewhere?

Yep, he's the one! Bring it on! It's GO time!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
A few of us (including me) haven't cared for some of his disrespectful remarks towards Christine since she left.
I still try to understand what you guys mean with disrespectful remarks, because I have never ever thought they were disrespectful towards eachother. Maybe critical, maybe tongue-in-cheek, but never disrespectful.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I still try to understand what you guys mean with disrespectful remarks, because I have never ever thought they were disrespectful towards eachother. Maybe critical, maybe tongue-in-cheek, but never disrespectful.
I mean saying her songs didn't work too well live and that they were not emotionally incisive. that really doesn't sound like tongue-in-cheek to me.

Lindsey chose not to release Gift of Screws because he preferred to go with the brand name Fleetwood Mac. That is not a criticism of him because I think that as one of the musicians who help create the success of the brand he had every right to do that. What I think is disrespectful is to make those sort of remarks about someone who was equally responsble for the success.

I've said before that this leads me to be believe that the knows just how much she is missed.

Gail

Last edited by Gailh; 03-12-2007 at 08:21 AM..