User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2021, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Most of her album was recorded in Switzerland. I vaguely recall a magazine interview in music magazine right as the album was being released and her jetting around Switzerland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo_muOb1XxM
This is right. I also remember reading that towards the end of the sessions, Christine "went off on her own" and finished writing "Smile I Live For." Thank god she did that! One of my wishes for this album was that it had a couple other acoustic piano-driven songs.

Another recording story: Steve Winwood visited the studio when the core McVie-Sharp co-writes had been recorded. He not only co-wrote "Ask Anybody" but was asked if he wanted to sing on one of the tunes. He jumped at the chance to sing "One in a Million" which, as the documentary shows, was originally sung in total by Christine.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:56 AM

I love how she was in touch with Lindsey, Mick and John! Playing songs over the phone. (Cost me a fortune) haha.

I watched the rest of this docu last night. What wonderful memories it brought back up.

And, "Have a drink on me."
Old 03-16-2021, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougl View Post
Finally converted this documentary from an old VHS tape I’ve had lingering in my collection.

Part One
https://youtu.be/kHBkAJPUfV8

Part Two
https://youtu.be/VvDdeoUmvsA

Fun!
Awesome. Thank you.
Todd Sharp should have got the Fleetwood Mac gig in '87. He'd have been so much of a better fit.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-16-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Awesome. Thank you.
Todd Sharp should have got the Fleetwood Mac gig in '87. He'd have been so much of a better fit.
God, that's so true! He was fantastic live!
Old 03-16-2021, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Awesome. Thank you.
I have always said the same thing after watching Todd live. He was asked this very question on a meet and greet segment. He said, NO, he was never asked. But he teased that he would have wanted it so bad.
I get the Billy addition since he played with Mick and Chris but Todd was an intense friend of Chris and she only agreed to do a solo record if he would be part of it. I always wondered if someone thought Billy was not good enough and they also needed a studio lead guitarist. Rick is really good but Todd no doubt had an inside track like Billy. Always wanted to know the truth on that. Gosh, he would have added so much energy to the band.
Old 03-17-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I have always said the same thing after watching Todd live. He was asked this very question on a meet and greet segment. He said, NO, he was never asked. But he teased that he would have wanted it so bad.
I get the Billy addition since he played with Mick and Chris but Todd was an intense friend of Chris and she only agreed to do a solo record if he would be part of it. I always wondered if someone thought Billy was not good enough and they also needed a studio lead guitarist. Rick is really good but Todd no doubt had an inside track like Billy. Always wanted to know the truth on that. Gosh, he would have added so much energy to the band.
He liked to sweat, solo, jam, and find a groove. perfect for MacVie and company.