The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's actually pretty sad/pitiable that Stevie has obviously been carrying around so much animosity and anger for all of these years.

But I still can't get over the way it was handled. My sympathy is minimal...
Old 10-10-2018, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Wow. Reading that hurt my heart a little
Just to hear it directly that she did do that. And over absolutely nothing worth it either. So sad.
I love Stevie, but She droned on like a loon at Musicare.. Mick and Christine, who were OPENLY mocking her are still there. And just actually proves the "head space" comments that many here have alluded too.
Lindsey's daughter posted a video of Stevie on her IG from that night and called her "My Queen".
He's encouraging Steve Rincon (drum tech married to Cory Buckingham) how to engage and say "Mick's a good guy" Cooler heads prevail, and in this case, Lindsey proves to be the grown up. I mean---they email each other, over something as important as this.
Spoiled brats...all of them.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
It's actually pretty sad/pitiable that Stevie has obviously been carrying around so much animosity and anger for all of these years.

But I still can't get over the way it was handled. My sympathy is minimal...
It goes back to BuckVie. I feel it in my bones. $he's a jealous angry fool. If I'm not doing the album, you're not doing the tour. Don't pi$$ off $tevie. Not even Lindsey can get away with it.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:08 PM
sodascouts
This message has been deleted by sodascouts.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It goes back to BuckVie. I feel it in my bones. $he's a jealous angry fool. If I'm not doing the album, you're not doing the tour. Don't pi$$ off $tevie. Not even Lindsey can get away with it.
Agreed 100%. There will be no FM without her; be it on the road or in the studio.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This is the crux for me. While two factions squabble about who was entirely innocent and who was entirely guilty in this move to cut an old member and hire new members, I want to know what sort of deed warranted being fired.

To fire a 45-year member of a band whose identity had long since solidified in the public eye as the 1977 fivesome, the reason would need to be intense:
  • Stealing or embezzling
  • Punching
  • Sleeping with a spouse (no, maybe not true anymore)
  • Suing
  • Murdering
  • Drug addiction

Asking for a stay on the group tour to accommodate one's solo plans doesn't rise to that level. Nor does asking for days off during the week to tour solo. Nor does an "argument" (these guys have had a million undoubtedly ugly arguments). The firing was probably unreasonable—bad judgment, a rash move.

Yes, of course, it's over and done and let's move on. But it's not unreasonable for any of us longtime fans to want to know exactly what precipitated the firing because we want the satisfaction of knowing that the cause merited the response, and our hunch is that it did not.

apparently, smirking needs to be added to your list.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I love Stevie, but She droned on like a loon at Musicare.. Mick and Christine, who were OPENLY mocking her are still there. And just actually proves the "head space" comments that many here have alluded too.
Lindsey's daughter posted a video of Stevie on her IG from that night and called her "My Queen".
He's encouraging Steve Rincon (drum tech married to Cory Buckingham) how to engage and say "Mick's a good guy" Cooler heads prevail, and in this case, Lindsey proves to be the grown up. I mean---they email each other, over something as important as this.
Spoiled brats...all of them.
yep. plus, Mick participated in the album as did John. And Chris not only participated she put her name on it and then went out on tour with him.

She's a biatch. And I've loved her since the 70s.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a grown man of 44 years. I just shed a tear for the first time in many years. At the moment I'm too sad to feel angry, but I know that emotion is coming very soon.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For those who have done the Meet and Greet, did you get an email with instructions a few days or so before the show? I just noticed on my tickets that there’s no mention of the Meet and Greet on them, so I’m curious how you got the information regarding time and all.

Thanks!

Brad
Old 10-10-2018, 03:00 PM
missundercover
This message has been deleted by missundercover.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
Buckingham’s advice to the husband of his niece who is on the Mac tour as a drum tech:

“Mick is still a great guy. Don’t be anything other than a centered, grounded person for him. Do your job well.”

Top class Mr. Buckingham. Proud to be a fan of yours
Indeed being very fair and dignified about it all when he was clearly wronged by Stevie over incredibly petty things.
A great interview thank you LB. I feel incredibly sad that he has been treated this way and is clearly very hurt. I hope your Solo tour is cathartic and a huge success.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Totally agree, she's resentful, bitter and hugely revengeful......Thanks for ruining FMs legacy you nasty woman
Old 10-10-2018, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Totally agree, she's resentful, bitter and hugely revengeful......Thanks for ruining FMs legacy you nasty woman
She really is a bitter old hag. It really is a shame. Fame, fortune, and yet consumed by bitterness.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Buckingham Says Stevie Nicks Forced Him Out of Fleetwood Mac

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/linds...ood-mac-fired/

Lindsey Buckingham has finally revealed the details of why he was fired from Fleetwood Mac.

In a new interview, he claims Stevie Nicks handed the band a him-or-me ultimatum after she felt slighted by his actions during their last performance together at the 2018 MusiCares Person of the Year benefit in January. Fleetwood Mac were given an award in recognition of their musical and philanthropic history at the event.

As Buckingham told Rolling Stone, a few days after the show he received a phone call from manager Irving Azoff, who proceeded to list various issues Nicks had with his behavior that night, including his complaints about their intro music being Nicks’ “Rhiannon” and that he may have “smirked” while she was giving her acceptance speech.

“The irony is that we have this standing joke that Stevie, when she talks, goes on a long time,” Buckingham said about the latter point. “I may or may not have smirked. But I look over, and Christine [McVie] and Mick [Fleetwood] are doing the waltz behind her as a joke.”

As for their choice of intro song that night, Buckingham admitted he was against it, but said Nicks took it the wrong way. “It wasn’t about it being ‘Rhiannon,’ ” he noted. “It just undermined the impact of our entrance. That’s me being very specific about the right and wrong way to do something.”

Regardless of Buckingham’s defenses, Azoff gave him a direct message: “Stevie never wants to be on a stage with you again.”

Buckingham took this to mean she was quitting Fleetwood Mac, so he emailed Fleetwood to discuss the band’s future, but didn’t hear back. So he called Azoff for clarification. “‘This feels funny,'” he recalled saying. “‘Is Stevie leaving the band, or am I getting kicked out?’” Azoff told Buckingham he was “getting ousted” because Nicks gave the band “an ultimatum: Either you go or she’s gonna go.”

While Buckingham admitted he didn’t remember Azoff’s exact words, he said “that was the message.”

Shortly after the news of Buckingham’s departure was made public in April, Fleetwood said Buckingham’s unwillingness to tour this year was the reason for his dismissal. The only other public comments Buckingham made prior to Rolling Stone‘s interview were at a May fundraiser, where he said that the band had “lost their perspective.”

“What that did was to harm – and this is the only thing I’m really sad about; the rest of it becomes an opportunity – it harmed the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build,” he explained at the time. “That legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one’s higher truth and one’s higher destiny.”
Old 10-10-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
apparently, smirking needs to be added to your list.
hahahaha!!! I love you
Old 10-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At the meet and greet, someone should ask L to list all of the other issues that the manager said Stevie had, beyond the intro and smirk. Would love to hear his specific response. And has anyone asked him flat out about the tour delay? Did the rest of the band lie or was there every any talk of a delay.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Pretty much what we've speculated all along. Thanks for posting that!
We were right all along. THAT BITTER OLD HAG! F her!!!