User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This is like "Shark Week" on National Geo.
More like Goat Week.

Or As The Goat Turns.

Goats Turning.

Stop Dragging My Goat Around.

Okay, I'm done...

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 10-12-2018 at 12:47 AM..
Old 10-12-2018, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
More like Goat Week.

Or As The Goat Turns.

Goats Turning.

Okay, I'm done...
When I See Goat Again

After the Goat Fades

And we cannot forget Mick's classic - Second Hand Balls
Old 10-12-2018, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The band is heartless with taking advice from managers and lawyers...not even speaking to Lindsey when he was fired.
I cant help to think of Bob Welch and how horribly he was treated 20 years ago. It made no sense to kick him to the curb and not allow him in the Rock n Roll Hall of fame. He was such a vital member and first American who really steered the band towards the Buckingham/Nick era. But they were heartless towards him because he wanted royalties from the albums he was a member of.
This heartlessness reminds me of this. But its even worse because its all coming from one member who the rest circle around because of big bucks $$$$$$$$$.

Keeping Stevie and making money was more important than their legacy and how they treat their most important member; guitarist, producer, singer, songwriter, etc.

Its almost like they knew they were going to be sued so they cut off all contact with him and pretend he does not exist. So this is why Bob Welch comes to mind. They really are heartless. I cant believe they are performing his songs on this tour.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-12-2018 at 04:19 AM..
Old 10-12-2018, 03:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali101 View Post
Lindsey Buckingham's complaint against Fleetwood Mac - Filed 10/9/18 in Los Angeles Superior Court

https://www.scribd.com/document/3906...-Mac-Complaint

The whole document is there including the email sent from LB to MF, finishing with the words “I love you all no matter what. Lindsey “

It mentions that he received only two cryptic written responses but strangely enough these are not included as exhibits. I’m Assuming that they think that gives them chance to make a settlement without further detailed mess. But it’s already a sorry affair.

are all like a children of 70 years what is so stupid....all are losers no wins...and much important the music from them has lost..
Old 10-12-2018, 06:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

On the surface, I think Lindsey’s argument is strong.

Though I am very, very worried about him.

I wouldn’t put it past Stevie to come up with an “abuse” defense as part of her narrative. In our current social climate, there are a lot of old stories that are coming out. Some that are legitimate and horrifying, others that borderline manipulation for the betterment of one’s position. Stevie has the latter. She can drag him through the mud and might have gotten to the point of recognizing this is the right social climate to let it all out if he fights her on it.

Any way this goes, it will have damaged this band’s legacy. I don’t know why Lindsey is the only one that cares about that. Oh wait, yeah, sorry, I do... $$$$$.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
More like Goat Week.

Or As The Goat Turns.

Goats Turning.

Okay, I'm done...
no, you asked for it, now yer gonna get it..
you can Goat your own way
when I Goat you again
Goat Dust Woman
Goatslide
Beautiful Goat
Old 10-12-2018, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
when I Goat you again
KenshiMaster16's "When I See Goat Again" was better, but your others are funny.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
no, you asked for it, now yer gonna get it..
you can Goat your own way
when I Goat you again
Goat Dust Woman
Goatslide
Beautiful Goat
Needs more outside balance from others in the band...

You Make (Goat) Loving Fun

Goat and I, pt. 2

(Goat) Dreams

And don’t forget,

Rhiaaaaaaaaaahehehehennnnnnaon
Old 10-12-2018, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodguy79 View Post
Needs more outside balance from others in the band...

You Make (Goat) Loving Fun

Goat and I, pt. 2

(Goat) Dreams

And don’t forget,

Rhiaaaaaaaaaahehehehennnnnnaon
ok, I'll play again
Goatbird
Never going Goat again
Second Hand Goat
Think about Goat
What makes you think you're the Goat?
Old 10-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Just for the record, I don't think Stevie is goatish

Tangoat in the Night
Big Goat
Seven Goaters
Everygoat
Goatiline
Tangoat in the Night
Goatified
Goatie Lies
Family Goat
Welcome to the Goat... Sara
Isn't it Goatnight
When I See Goat Again
Goat and I, Part II
Old 10-12-2018, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This was interesting from Variety, acknowledging we still don’t know everything:

“So why did Buckingham get forced out? Loeb & Loeb evidently decided the lawsuit was not the place to go there, even as they attempt to methodically knock down all the official explanations that Nicks, Fleetwood and the two McVies have offered up in interviews. But Buckingham did offer further theories or clues in an interview published by Rolling Stone Wednesday.”

Then it goes on to paraphrase the RS article.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
SO SPOT ON! He has a gorgeous wife and absolutely beautiful children. I mean they are stunning looking .....and the old hag who stays up taking selfies can't STAND IT. Who does that? Stays up taking pics of themselves with full lighting. I mean? What a loon!
Claiming to know what Stevie’s life or happiness is or isn’t is as creepy as it is absurd.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:28 AM
lilyfee
This message has been deleted by lilyfee. Reason: Double post
Old 10-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodguy79 View Post
On the surface, I think Lindsey’s argument is strong.

Though I am very, very worried about him.

I wouldn’t put it past Stevie to come up with an “abuse” defense as part of her narrative. In our current social climate, there are a lot of old stories that are coming out. Some that are legitimate and horrifying, others that borderline manipulation for the betterment of one’s position. Stevie has the latter. She can drag him through the mud and might have gotten to the point of recognizing this is the right social climate to let it all out if he fights her on it.

Any way this goes, it will have damaged this band’s legacy. I don’t know why Lindsey is the only one that cares about that. Oh wait, yeah, sorry, I do... $$$$$.
I’ve wondered if Stevie might say something like this, especially since the recent unauthorized biographer phrased it as abuse in the press however I think if Stevie had anything new to say on this matter she would. I don’t think her intention is to ruin Lindsey’s life... I think her intention is simply to keep him away from her.

Most surprising to me is that no one in the band will talk about what happened. The canned answers and lack of transparency imply that there’s some reason for kicking Lindsey out that we haven’t heard. I get Stevie’s logic - she doesn’t want to be near Lindsey, period - but the rest of them confuse me. Even Stevie has never had a problem bashing people in the press or “speaking her mind” in public. Why not just say she felt like Lindsey was disrespectful towards her? Why make it about the scheduling?
Old 10-12-2018, 08:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
I've been keeping up with the twists and turns via the Ledge, but haven't commented since the initial ousting because frankly this whole saga is EXHAUSTING and my life is tiring enough. But this, I could not let pass without throwing my thoughts into the ring.

Given what we know about Christine's life prior to rejoining the band-- the seclusion, the depression, the phobias, the drinking-- I've no doubt she's in a fragile state over all of this, as Lindsey's email alludes to. But it is past time for her to put her big girl pants on and have some serious, long chats with her therapist over why it is she feels fragile. Guilt, perhaps?

I don't for a second think she cares about what Stevie wants. I think the only person she cares about in this equation is Mick, and that's because she erroneously believes Mick would do anything for her, so she's prepared to do anything for him. If it's true that he was the one who wanted to replace John, I hope that is enough of a wake up call for her to stop letting him lead her down the garden path. Because the truth is that he would push Chris in front of a moving bus for a twenty dollar bill. Probably for even less than that.

I really thought this whole sh*tshow could not make me any more disgusted than I was last spring. I should never have doubted Fleetwood Mac's ability to astound and amaze, because I am 100% more nauseous now.
Yes, all of this x1000
Old 10-12-2018, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I’ve wondered if Stevie might say something like this, especially since the recent unauthorized biographer phrased it as abuse in the press however I think if Stevie had anything new to say on this matter she would. I don’t think her intention is to ruin Lindsey’s life... I think her intention is simply to keep him away from her.

Most surprising to me is that no one in the band will talk about what happened. The canned answers and lack of transparency imply that there’s some reason for kicking Lindsey out that we haven’t heard. I get Stevie’s logic - she doesn’t want to be near Lindsey, period - but the rest of them confuse me. Even Stevie has never had a problem bashing people in the press or “speaking her mind” in public. Why not just say she felt like Lindsey was disrespectful towards her? Why make it about the scheduling?
Yes. Now they will have to respond. The Variety article I quoted from earlier agrees the complaint filed does not cover why he was fired. Other than the Rhiannon intro and smirking, whatever was in that list of complaints hinted at in the RS article remains unknown.