User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
The only sort of protest that truly matters is not paying to see them live.
i agree with that. hit them where it hurts.

however i've seen a number of people who bought FM tix and are now feeling like they are betraying Lindsey as more and more stuff is coming out about what's been going on. for those people, this can be a way to make some lemonade out of lemons.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-15-2018, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
How about an old “We paid for Fleetwood Mac” after the crowded house and TBHB songs get played.
Seriously.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The only sort of protest that truly matters is not paying to see them live. That's all Money Man Mick cares about. There's no reason to possibly ruin the show for the people that do want to see them. Bring a sign or wear a LB shirt. I just don't see the logic in paying tickets, parking fees, etc. to see a band you hate and vocalizing your disdain for them during a show you wouldn't be at in the first place if it weren't for your anger toward them.

EXACTLY! No words just don’t show up.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The only sort of protest that truly matters is not paying to see them live. That's all Money Man Mick cares about. There's no reason to possibly ruin the show for the people that do want to see them. Bring a sign or wear a LB shirt. I just don't see the logic in paying tickets, parking fees, etc. to see a band you hate and vocalizing your disdain for them during a show you wouldn't be at in the first place if it weren't for your anger toward them.
Yep. You have to speak to them in THEIR language, not yours.

When you yell disparaging things, they just shake it off as some "loons" in the audience tonight. They see it as random, not as part of a larger message supported by plenty of other people.

You can yell at them all you want at a show, but if you've paid, and they've gotten your money, they're LAUGHING all the way to the bank.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If any heckler sits next to me I will do my best to have them removed. Don’t ruin my time with your tantrum. Just don’t go.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lol go for it, guys. Buy tickets, give Stevie even more money, and then whine & b*tch until we get you removed from the venue. Sounds like a win/win.
Or maybe you could just stop being tantrumming toddlers and get a life instead??
Old 09-15-2018, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
If any heckler sits next to me I will do my best to have them removed. Don’t ruin my time with your tantrum. Just don’t go.
but you have no right to tell people who want to see the show not to go.

and somehow i suspect nobody should be worried that people highly critical of the band and their recent behavior will even dream of throwing their hard-earned money away on overpriced tix for this tour thus giving the band and promoters the exact thing they seem to care about the most.

like i already said above (not that anyone reads anyone's else's messages around here except for quick snarks apparently) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
however i've seen a number of people who bought FM tix and are now feeling like they are betraying Lindsey as more and more stuff is coming out about what's been going on. for those people, this can be a way to make some lemonade out of lemons.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-15-2018, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but you have no right to tell people who want to see the show not to go.

-
I have the right to say whatever I want, just like everyone else here. This is a message board. I am not heckling or yelling at anyone at a public venue like a concert auditorium.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope that they are truly embarrassed
Old 09-15-2018, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Many people that are going to this concert do not have any idea that Lindsey Buckingham was fired. My niece who is 20 years old is a big fan and she said she was excited to go buy tickets. When I told her that it’s not going to be good without Lindsey Buckingham she said she had no idea he was fired and then said she was no way going to buy tickets after that.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I have the right to say whatever I want, just like everyone else here. This is a message board.
right, right. this is "lets show how much we can hate other fans" board these days. i always try to forget this.

Old 09-15-2018, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
right, right. this is "lets show how much we can hate other fans" board these days. i always try to forget this.
This is rich.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Many people that are going to this concert do not have any idea that Lindsey Buckingham was fired. My niece who is 20 years old is a big fan and she said she was excited to go buy tickets. When I told her that it’s not going to be good without Lindsey Buckingham she said she had no idea he was fired and then said she was no way going to buy tickets after that.
yes. majority of the general public. and many probably have no idea there is a Lindsey Buckingham or who is or was in the band in the first place.

so why not do a PSA and let people know. #education #themoreyouknow

Old 09-15-2018, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What about holding up signs saying "Where is Lindsey?" or "We want Lindsey!". That way you can get your message through without disturbing anyone if you just hold it up now and then. in 2015, we made a sign saying "Welcome back Christine. We missed you. We love you!" and she came over, gave us a thump up and a beautiful smile.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 09-15-2018 at 03:45 PM..
Old 09-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I hope that they are truly embarrassed
at least 2 of them have no sense of shame whatsoever