User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2019, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
So according to the NicksFix, TOSOTM was released on May 11, 1989, which was a Thursday. Was it really released on a Thursday?? I know albums used to be released on Mondays, then it changed to Tuesdays, and now it's Fridays unless you're Beyonce or Taylor Swift when you can release it any day you want Wikipedia says May 11, but they probably lifted that from NickFix.
Somewhere in my big boxes of stuff I'm sure I could find a release date for TOSOTM. Not sure I have the time or the energy to actually do that, but I don't believe anything was ever released on a Thursday in those days.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The RIAA website lists the release date as May 11th, in addition to their certification dates.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
The RIAA website lists the release date as May 11th, in addition to their certification dates.
Yep. I would never remember release dates of albums in the 80's but May 11 is a significant date for me and I do remember the excitement of the day and the new release.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
This was the only Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac album that took me by surprise. I was such an obsessed fan in those days but literally had no idea Stevie had made a new album. As far as I knew FM had released Greatest Hits in 1988 and were working on Behind The Mask. I also knew they were touring in Europe in 1988.
One day in April of 1989 a friend called and raved about the new SN single she heard on the radio. I figured she must have heard an obscure track from the past and just assumed it was new. But she insisted so I decided to call a local radio station and the DJ confirmed it was a song called Rooms on Fire. I couldn't believe it! I still remember hearing it for the first time. It was at night during a partly cloudy sky with a bright moon and me staring out the window in what was the first apartment I ever had. And I loved it from the moment I heard it. Loved the video as well from the moment I saw that. To this day the song has stood the test of time. I enjoyed the album and played all the songs endlessly for many years.
Good story