Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie at the Bourbon and Beyond Festival

If this is old news feel free to delete this post/thread. I don't remember seeing it.

http://bourbonandbeyond.com/the-basics/music/

Kevin
Old 04-19-2017, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I see that the tickets are general admission for this. I'm thinking about going, but I've never been to a festival type concert before. Since it's GA does that mean get there early for all the other acts if I want to get close to the front for Stevie? Is it just like one act after the other until the headliner or are there designated show times? I'm willing to fight my way through a crowd if I have to
Old 04-20-2017, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
I see that the tickets are general admission for this. I'm thinking about going, but I've never been to a festival type concert before. Since it's GA does that mean get there early for all the other acts if I want to get close to the front for Stevie? Is it just like one act after the other until the headliner or are there designated show times? I'm willing to fight my way through a crowd if I have to
I'm wondering the same about Hyde Park. Do you have to get there super super early and stay in your place all the time until Stevie comes on?
Old 09-25-2017, 07:53 AM

Bourbon and Beyond goes beyond expectations

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Bluegrass, bourbon and good times could be found all over the grounds of Champions Park on Sunday.

"The first thing I thought of was, 'Are we in Louisville, Kentucky?' This is really cool," Michelle Baugh said.

The inaugural Bourbon and Beyond Festival brought out at least twenty-thousand fans a day, throughout the weekend. It also attracted headliners like Stevie Nicks.

"Stevie Nicks is going to be great tonight," Lindsey Browne said. "I'm excited and we saw Trombone Shorty. It's been great."

"I always do Forecastle and I saw the lineup this year and was like, ‘I gotta check it out,’" Lyle Hull said.

The festival host is the same company that launched Louder Than Life, which is now a Louisville staple.

"We fell in love with this city when we came five years ago when we first came," Clay Busch, Vice President of Marketing said. "Our goal is to bring as many out-of-towners as possible."

Organizers said Bourbon and Beyond took fans beyond the music by incorporating Kentucky's favorite drink and different foods.

Ryan McCray enjoyed the different culinary options. "Sweet, salty, cheesy, greasy," McCray said. "Amazing."

With fan reviews strong, organizers are already working on a long-term plan for the festival.

"We will probably add a couple new things," Busch said. "We'll probably take a couple things away we didn't really see the fans connect to because what it comes down to it, it's all about the fan experience."

http://www.wave3.com/story/36441393/...d-expectations

Classic rock royalty tops the list of the 5 things you missed Sunday at Bourbon & Beyond

The Bourbon & Beyond Festival wrapped up Sunday with more huge crowds, a lot of blues, an actor who can actually write a song, and two of the most distinctive singers in rock history.

Even though the bourbon and food components of the festival continued to be footnotes to the music, the festival's debut has to be considered a success based solely on the sheer number of bodies that filled Champions Park.

Here are five things you missed.

1. There's a game that music geeks like to play when drinking called rock draft lottery. Everyone draws a number and then tries to draft the best band possible, and many start with a singer because it's such a crucial spot.
I always hold back because I know everyone will overlook history's greatest pure rock 'n' roll singer and I can pick him up in later rounds. That's Paul Rodgers. The frontman of Bad Company and Free proved Sunday that he's still a contender with a hit-filled set that revolved around his gruff cannon of a voice.
On classics such as "Shooting Star," "Movin' On" and "All Right Now," Rodgers delivered everything a classic rock fan needed, including songs that were the soundtrack of long-ago childhoods.

2. Stevie Nicks doesn't exactly have a pretty voice but you definitely can't mistake it; that growling vibrato is instantly recognizable. She closed the festival with her own set of classic hits fueled by a stellar band, surprisingly goofy stage banter, and some damn fine twirling.

3. Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue hit the stage hard and never let up with a set that was heavy on crowd-pleasing excess. Everything was bigger than life and twice as funky as the large ensemble fed elements of Earth, Wind & Fire, The Commodores and James Brown through a filter of pure New Orleans.

4. Blues fans had it good all weekend with Buddy Guy, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Jonny Lang, Joe Bonamassa, ZZ Ward and Gary Clark Jr. on hand. Sunday featured Lang, Clark and Bonamassa, with Clark offering the most interesting set and Bonamassa the one most likely to be loved by random white dudes in mini vans.

5. There's a long history of actors who let their vanity get the better of them and they make a record. Most are forgettable, some are regrettable, but Kiefer Sutherland's "Down in a Hole" is a really solid country album with plenty of traditional elements and an actor's eye for drama, His performance followed suit, with a top-notch band and lots of roguish charm.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...ond/690160001/
Old 09-26-2017, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks on YouTube like she was really giving her all. Must have had a shot or two beforehand (bourbon).

Last edited by Nathan; 09-27-2017 at 10:22 PM..
Old 09-27-2017, 05:10 AM

Hot, sweet and sticky: Snapshots from the inaugural Bourbon & Beyond

Headliners Eddie Vedder, Steve Miller Band and Stevie Nicks all put on great shows. Vedder seemed a little confused as to where exactly he was, but he knew it had to do with bourbon.

“I’m more of a tequila guy,” he said, and some people reported that he sipped some bourbon on stage and ended up spitting it out. We didn’t see that ourselves, but we wouldn’t be surprised.

Also, we enjoyed Nicks’ banter with the audience Sunday night, which included her plea for people not to blow cigarette smoke in her direction. We suspect a lot of that smoke was coming from the nearby Char House, which promptly cut the smoke after her comment.

Here’s a closer look at some of what we witnessed at the inaugural Bourbon & Beyond:

https://insiderlouisville.com/lifest...ourbon-beyond/

Louisville's Bourbon & Beyond Festival blends booze and tunes

Day two headliner Stevie Nicks closed out the first year of Bourbon Beyond with a crowd-pleasing performance on Sunday night. 9/24/17 Marty Pearl/Special to The C-J

http://www.courier-journal.com/pictu...nes/105926236/

Photos from both days of Bourbon & Beyond

[all photos by Nik Vechery]
Bourbon & Beyond — the first-year sibling festival of Louder Than Life — slide into Louisville’s always-growing event calendar as both a celebration of the city’s native spirit and two days of radio rock heroes.

Headliners Steve Nicks, Eddie Vedder and Steve Miller led a list of names that ran several decades through a vortex of pop-culture notables. And, like Louder Than Life, Bourbon and Beyond moved bodies into the door by sticking to a pretty specific genre map, grabbing huge, ubiquitous names, and matching those with less famous but equally as interesting acts (Nikki Lane, Gary Clark Jr.), as well as FM staples that are much less interesting, but play songs that will be forever burned into your brain (Paul Rogers).

Throw in an absolute legend (Buddy Guy) and a famous actor who likes to play rock star (Kiefer Sutherland), and you have the first year of Bourbon & Beyond — a festival that was fun and strange. And in years to come, it’ll probably provide a few bands that rarely make their way to Louisville, along with a pretty unique experience, which will make it worth attending. Below are photos of both days from year one.—Scott Recker

https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/09/ph...ourbon-beyond/
Old 09-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Here are our videos from the show - joined into one file:
https://youtu.be/bYz56a_JSAE
There is always magic to be summoned at any point. I love to live in a world of magic, but not a fake world of magic. We all really basically have a lot of magic....it's only those of us that choose to accept it, that really understand it. It's there for everyone. That's the only thing that I feel that I am able to give to people and that's why I know that they respond to me because I try to give them only their own magic...not mine, but theirs.
~Stevie Nicks, Jim Ladd Innerview, 1979
Old 09-28-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny23220 View Post
Thanks Denny!
Old 09-28-2017, 07:41 AM

BEYOND THE BOURBON: LOUISVILLE.COM PHOTO GALLERY

Last weekend, the inaugural Bourbon & Beyond Festival closed out National Bourbon Heritage Month. With bourbon from 30 distilleries and a dozen bourbon distillers, there's no doubt that bourbon was the weekend's biggest headliner. But with names like Stevie Nicks, Eddie Vedder and the Steve Miller Band, the musical lineup refused to be overshadowed. The result? A perfect blend of bourbon and music. Check out our music photo gallery below.

All photos by Adam Mescan

https://www.louisville.com/content/b...-photo-gallery
Old 09-28-2017, 10:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny23220 View Post
Thk u for posting here and on YT!!
Old 09-29-2017, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My brother informed me that someone who attended the festival, told him that Stevie sounded INCREDIBLE, even after all these years. Go Stevie!

Thanks to everyone for posting the videos and pics!!