User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2020, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default More Stevie BS

https://www.nme.com/news/music/stevi...8v24bTuPKJH_VA

So now it wasn't just her that wrote Buckingham after the heart attack but apparently the whole band?...which isn't what she said last time referring to this letter.

"Nicks said that Buckingham’s heart attack “was serious” and that she and her Fleetwood Mac bandmates “wrote to him and told him that he’d better get well”.

Asked if Buckingham had acknowledged the letter they sent, Nicks said that he “wrote a kind of group letter to us all” in return.

“None of us have had any communication with him since,” she said, adding: “You know, it lasted 43 years, so we had a really, really good run.”

But Mick has had contact with him since as we learned earlier this week.

Is she even capable of making a coherant statement? It's either a group letter or it was not a group letter. I love how she somehow lobs the ball back in his court like it's up to him if they hear from one another. You had him fired from the band, do you seriously expect to be greeted with a dozen roses?

You know what would be more helpful than anything? If she could just stop talking about this. She has her own project coming out, why TF is Lindsey even getting dragged into this latest round of press.

Last edited by BigAl84; 10-15-2020 at 03:23 PM..
Old 10-15-2020, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Brett Tuggle Dishes the details to Rolling Stone

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...rview-1073409/
Old 10-15-2020, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So it basically confirms Stevie' complete metamorphosis into a harridan that took over Fleetwood Mac and demanded Lindsey's firing and that she apparently even lied in her new interview with the L.A. times about the letter that she personally sent him after his heart attack.Sheesh what a piece of work.

Old 10-15-2020, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Great interview. Thanks for sharing. I knew he was talented but did not realize how many more artists he worked with.

Stevie sure is vengeful. You are with me or against me. To get him bounced off the Mac tour because he worked with Lindsey is pathetic.
None of the article is really news. We all scratch our heads how Christine allowed Lindsey to be fired but she did not even stick up for this guy who played her parts when she was there and was not there. He was just more road kill from $tevie.
He brought up a point that I bring up frequently in this forum. Stevie's power really grew from her insanely successful 24K Gold tour. Extended 3 times with many sold out or almost sold out arenas. She was selling tickets solo that the Mac would get. She got even more motivated to tell Mick do you want to tour with me and make millions or tour with Lindsey and make thousands. Go ahead Mick you decide. She just grossed a ton of money on the 24k Gold tour....as much money as all of her other solo tours combined.
Make your decision Mick.
Old 10-15-2020, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The article says Lindsey was fired per Stevie’s request - skank alert!!
Old 10-15-2020, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Man, $tevie is a HORRIBLE, HIDEOUS, BITTER person, and I wish her nothing but the karma that she so richly deserves. $he's got it coming.

It was hard to read all of it, without just shaking your head, saying, "what the hell is wrong with her?"
Old 10-15-2020, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, what a great interview! A lot of cool stuff there, including the mention of someone from the band Civil Wars also auditioning for the band in 2018 after they kicked Lindsey out. I looked at Wikipedia and that band consisted of a male/female duo. I really thought Billy Burnette was the other person who auditioned. Neil Finn was an excellent choice though, so I'm glad Fleetwood Mac went with him instead of the other guy, whoever he was. Still, would love to learn more about this other mystery person.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I really thought Billy Burnette was the other person who auditioned.
Nope. Billy was PISSED that he wasn't asked. He bitched about it when he found out, but soon deleted his posts.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:05 PM
Ledgie

Wow. She really sucks.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always wondered if someone in the band would/could talk (the truth that is) but I didn't think about a supporting member talking and Brett has been with them a long time. I didn't realize he did the Stevie tours too. He nailed this part: You’re going to get the Stevie Mac, the people she wants there. And it’s going to be a Mac Lite, no offense. You’re not going to get the full goods.

He tried to be nice about Stevie, probably so he can tour with the Mac if it happens, but she comes across the way many people on here have portrayed her. It's odd because she is riding a crest of popularity, but it goes to show that most people (so called fans) really don't know or care about the workings of the band and just want to relive their memories. The last disaster of a tour that still sold well is proof of that.

Also, Lindsey was pretty upset when she refused to record after he tried for years to create new music. The band wouldn't put their foot down and make her decide if she was in the band or not. Pathetic.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post

Also, Lindsey was pretty upset when she refused to record after he tried for years to create new music. The band wouldn't put their foot down and make her decide if she was in the band or not. Pathetic.
Mick is ALWAYS going to go for the money. It's what the broke assed IDIOT does. He needs $tevie, $tevie doesn't need him. He really is a loser.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:43 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Old 10-15-2020, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, Brett was fired for being one of Lindsey’s guys, but not Neale?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-15-2020, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
What I comprehended Steve was Neale wasn't a Lindsey guy because he didn't make a choice between Lindsey or Stevie like Brett did in 06. Neale never had to choose LB or SN before 2018. Brett had toured with Stevie from 1998-2006, but he chose UTS Tour and Stevie then hired Ricky for CV forward.
I'm sure Neale's also held in high regard by Stevie for New Orleans.
Also, it's not fired, it's separating paths
Old 10-15-2020, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
You know it had to be rough on Neale to have to tour in that mess. He always seemed like a nice guy but I doubt that they spend any time together when they're not on stage anyways. I believe Neale was the one that played rhythm guitar on GYOW from the early days.