Default The narcissism continues

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/12/enter...age/index.html
Old 08-12-2020, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

There is already a thread about this in the Stevie forum
Old 08-12-2020, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Time to pack those boots up anyway and work on some other projects. The world doesn't need another greatest hit tour or to hear Stand Back one more time and especially don't need to hear the currently configuration of FM. If you haven't seen her/them yet, then stay home and watch the video. Not being mean just addressing reality that the best years are way behind her.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Time to pack those boots up anyway and work on some other projects. The world doesn't need another greatest hit tour or to hear Stand Back one more time and especially don't need to hear the currently configuration of FM. If you haven't seen her/them yet, then stay home and watch the video. Not being mean just addressing reality that the best years are way behind her.
Exactly ..now is the time for all of them to retire from touring forever.

Old 08-12-2020, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Exactly ..now is the time for all of them to retire from touring forever.
They really do need to retire. They're just too old to do it properly anymore, and their voices are gone. Relying on backup singers to do your show is just lame. They've become a farce.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
They really do need to retire. They're just too old to do it properly anymore, and their voices are gone. Relying on backup singers to do your show is just lame. They've become a farce.
No more touring, Christine looks like Weekend at Bernies on stage. She cant play or sing anymore. It's not the same without LB. The thought of hearing a nasal uninspired Rhiannon for the 100th time is not appealing. She ruined the band by getting rid of LB and i have zero interest in seeing them at this age WITHOUT LB.

The only thing I want at this point is the Lindsey solo album thats in the can and that's it. Stevie doesn't take ANY chances anymore. NONE. Lindsey is the only one left in the band with an ounce of artistic credibility. And before you say Ii'm a Lindsey fanatic and a Stevie hater....you're wrong. I was a huge SN fan until she eroded that fandom over the last few years. She's GROSS now.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
No more touring, Christine looks like Weekend at Bernies on stage. She cant play or sing anymore. It's not the same without LB. The thought of hearing a nasal uninspired Rhiannon for the 100th time is not appealing. She ruined the band by getting rid of LB and i have zero interest in seeing them at this age WITHOUT LB.

The only thing I want at this point is the Lindsey solo album thats in the can and that's it. Stevie doesn't take ANY chances anymore. NONE. Lindsey is the only one left in the band with an ounce of artistic credibility. And before you say Ii'm a Lindsey fanatic and a Stevie hater....you're wrong. I was a huge SN fan until she eroded that fandom over the last few years. She's GROSS now.
I agree that LindSEY was the only gift they had left. His energy was great, even if his voice wasn't. And yet the old goat fired him. I actually think his intense energy onstage was a part of the reason. He was outshining her by far, and $he couldn't stand it.

I was always a Christine fan, until she had her spine removed. Kept Bob Welch out of the R&RHOF(which I did my best to get over), and then didn't stand up for LindSEY(which was the last straw- she's just an old company shill - my lifetime heroine, now not much better than $tevie).

$tevie's just a joke now, but $he and Dick will milk this until one of them dies. I'll bet even if John and Chris died, $tevie and Dick would keep on keepin' on.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
The world doesn't need...to hear the currently configuration of FM.
I’m sure there’s nothing on the table for anyone right now. They couldn’t insure that tour during the pandemic. That said, I’d love a new album from the band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Christine...cant play or sing anymore.
She had a couple of great solos on the last tour. Her voice is shot, but the same is true of Lindsey and Stevie. I’d rather have Christine with a shot voice than no Christine. They sound old because they are old.

Quote:
It's not the same without LB.
I believe that was the point. They wanted something different.

Quote:
The thought of hearing a nasal uninspired Rhiannon for the 100th time is not appealing.
Okay, but it hasn’t been inspiring since like 1982. With or without Lindsey.

Quote:
Stevie doesn't take ANY chances anymore. NONE.
She sang a Peter Green song and turned one of Christine’s “Time” songs into a duet on the last tour.

Quote:
Lindsey is the only one left in the band with an ounce of artistic credibility.
Which is why they got Neil Finn and Mike Campbell.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-13-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Okay, but it hasn’t been inspiring since like 1982. With or without Lindsey.
Christine's piano intro on the Dance DVD is inspiring.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine's piano intro on the Dance DVD is inspiring.
It’s a carryover from Stevie’s solo version.

Really, “Rhiannon” got neutered in the mid ‘80s and “The Chain” got neutered on The Dance. Those were the two most explosive songs. They’ve been bland for decades, now.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-13-2020, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Really, “Rhiannon” got neutered in the mid ‘80s and “The Chain” got neutered on The Dance. Those were the two most explosive songs. They’ve been bland for decades, now.
except when Lindsey performs them with other bands and not the neuterers. just watch 2 different versions of the Chain he has done with Little Big Time - acoustic backstage version and then on stage version too. now those are what you would call explosive! he needs someone way better and more inspiring than the competitive jealous neutering band FM had become decades ago.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-14-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:

I do realize that. However, even though it's not explosive; Christine plays a beautiful piano. Silver Springs was gorgeous and somewhat explosive on that tour. You're right though, I wouldn't compare that to 1982 which was electrifying. That (Dance) was the beginning of "watered down versions" especially of Stevie's songs. I did enjoy NTF on the Dance tour.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-14-2020 at 08:53 PM..
Old 08-12-2020, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
you know, personally and as you are all well aware i really could care less for Nicks or her airy fairy thoughts - but i think in her own way she is doing a good thing here with her PSA efforts. every little bit can help.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-13-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you know, personally and as you are all well aware i really could care less for Nicks or her airy fairy thoughts - but i think in her own way she is doing a good thing here with her PSA efforts. every little bit can help.
Really? A PSA from Stevie Nicks? God help us. Don't do cocaine, don't drink, don't take pills, don't sleep with someone's husband, don't get your "best friend" fired, oh and please wear a mask.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Really? A PSA from Stevie Nicks? God help us. Don't do cocaine, don't drink, don't take pills, don't sleep with someone's husband, don't get your "best friend" fired, oh and please wear a mask.
Right?

$he was the poster child for "how to do everything wrong in life without dying".

$he's such a visionary.

Crystal visions? That's coke dust on your glasses!