User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Tickets...

Hello Fan Club Members – TICKET AND CONCERT PRE-SALE UPDATE - Here's what we know at 11:00 PST today. We should be announcing On-Sale dates, Venues and Concert Dates for the first leg on Monday, Maybe Tuesday AT THE LATEST. Club Presale should begin within 10 days from today. Public sales shortly thereafter. A few venues have sent notices to their season ticket holders or their e-lists announcing their venue's date and pre-sale info for VIP/season ticket holders. These presales are not related to our Club presale and do not impact our Club reserved ticket blocks. I can confirm that the Fan Club has FRONT ROW (FIRST ROW - ON THE FLOOR) seats in all Ticketmaster sales venues. Club also has about 600 seats in the best 20% of the house, on the floor, for most venues. Additionally, Club members may purchase from the general public stock BEFORE PUBLIC SALES BEGIN.

You'll see all kinds of info popping up on the net now. Some correct and some wrong. Right here, you'll find ONLY approved, CORRECT info. I'd rather be a few moments late and get it right than provide bad info for you. WE’LL ALSO MAIL YOU E-MAIL WITH THE REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO COME HERE EVERY 10 MINUTES, although we’ll post the news here first, then send the e-mails out. Unless you're calling Mick, Stevie, John or Lindsey at home, you won't find the Official, Approved info anywhere else faster! Stay tuned as we'll be posting interesting info all weekend long, including info about the first Fleetwood Mac Concert with Stevie, John, Lindsey and Mick and the touring backup team WHICH TOOK PLACE LAST NIGHT! MY GOD THEY ARE FANTASTIC! More on this soon. . . Right here!

I am counting on FRONT ROW or first few rows OR I'm gonna go for lower balcony front row!! That's right, I'm going ALL OUT for this concert, I MUST SEE LINDSEY LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2003, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I saw that...

earlier on Mick's website...Kinda laughed at the part about the "Front Row" at the ticketmaster only venues...LOL!!!!

I'm gonna get my tickets this Wednesday morning...And I'm gonna try for the club-seating if possible since I have it confirmed that the July 1st is legit...Brian J.

ps-This has been on the F.C. website since yesterday...(Not a ticketmaster venue!!!!)

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 03-02-2003 at 03:43 AM..
Old 03-01-2003, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Tickets...

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight
Unless you're calling Mick, Stevie, John or Lindsey at home...
I like his way of thinking..!!!
Old 03-01-2003, 10:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

ok, i'm probably going to sound really stupid, but do tickets for ALL of the shows go onsale like next week??? someone please help me understand,lol, i'm very confused....
Oh, steal your heart away~
Old 03-02-2003, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down "So sayeth The Knight"

"All I can say is in a couple of days we will officially announce AND begin presales. The Club will NOT be affected by ANY venue presale nor will we affect theirs. The Club has a HUGE block of tickets and the membership is smaller than the mailing lists of venues who have been collecting for years._The Club should serve you well. Try the venues if you qualify and see what you can get there."

Read the last 3 sentences, Is this guy for real? These statements sound like yet another attempt at collecting profits over all else.

"The membership is smaller than the mailing lists of venues who have been collecting for years"
...yeah, right...I really doubt that. Sounds like a sales pitch is coming...

"The Club should serve you well." Well,Well,Well...There's the pitch YET again!!!! Sorry Chief...

"Try the venues if you qualify and see what you can get there."
Well try the fan-club and see what it can get you if your venue isnt included in the fan-club pre-sale...It will give you the same problem the Dixie Chicks are having with their current fan-club pre-sale ticket fiasco...Brian J.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-02-2003, 06:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: "So sayeth The Knight"

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
"
Well try the fan-club and see what it can get you if your venue isnt included in the fan-club pre-sale...It will give you the same problem the Dixie Chicks are having with their current fan-club pre-sale ticket fiasco...Brian J.
What kind of problems are Dixie Chicks fans having with the pre-sale?
Old 03-02-2003, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: "So sayeth The Knight"

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
What kind of problems are Dixie Chicks fans having with the pre-sale?
Hey Mike I am copying Brian J's post from the Chit Chat board.

My local NBC affiliate (KFOR Channel 4) showed an interesting (And yet familiar...) story tonite about the Dixie Chicks and how fans that joined their fan club were able to purchase "pre-sale" tickets for their upcoming May 20th show...And how it is somewhat of a rip-off!!!

For $30 a year you can join their fan-club which gives you access to purchase tickets in advance of their regular on-sale date, (Along with fan club extras like Screen Savers, A Fan-club "members only" Message Board (!!!), Contests & "Exclusive" behind the scenes access.)

Several Dixie Chicks fans were "miffed" when they found out all the pre-sale "Best seating" tickets that were promised to fan-club members, Were already sold-out, (Possibly due to out-of-state fan club members who purchased the tickets), and they were not able to purchase any tickets to the show. (The regular on sale date is March 1st.)

The fans that were interviewed for the story seemed to feel they were "ripped-off" since they payed money and did not receive a ticket even though it was a supposed "perk" of the fan-club. These fans will now have to wait until Saturday March 1st to have a chance to purchase any remaining tickets for the show through their local ticket office.

The news story showed a clip of one fan who showed on her PC the Dixie Chicks fan-club only message board and a LONG post about how many fan-club members feel they were "taken" through the pre-sale ticket offering.

The local news reporter covering the story tried contacting the Dixie Chicks management and said that "calls werent returned". However, The webmaster of their official website (which can be found on Yahoo.com) said the club does not offer refunds on fan-club memberships since the fans will still able to receive the extra benefits of their website...

I hope this isnt what's going to happen to the folks that happened to join the FM fan-club for the pre-sale of tickets (Whenever that may be...) Brian J.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking "Rumours" turned Fact...

I had a few people around the internet ask if the email I received last Friday was legitimate, Well here is the response I just received about 15 minutes ago from the General Manager of the Ford Center:
==============================
E-mail message

Date: Sun, Mar 2, 2003, 5:41pm
To: estranged4life@webtv.net ('Brian J.')
Subject: RE:Hello. Could you please confirm...

Dear Brian:
This is indeed a legitimate promotion. This is one way we get to say "thank you" to loyal ticket buyers to events at the Ford Center. Fleetwood Mac is coming to the Ford Center this summer and you have the opportunity to purchase tickets in advance of the public on-sale. You should be receiving more detailed information in the near future regarding ticket price. If we can do anything else for you, please let us know.
Sincerely,
Gary Desjardins
General Manager