The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-25-2003, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Peace Keeper IS THE NEW SINGLE......

Just heard this on the radio here on Denver's KBCO Adult Alternative station...after they played "the chain"..the dj came on and said they will have the new Fleetwood Mac song called "Peace Keeper" next Wednesday (3/5) ....

Although this is exciting!!! After hearing the snippet last night...(and I know its hard to judge from a minute and half version off television)...I wasnt convinced this should be the important 1st SINGLE after all.....Lindseys solo version definetely packed a bigger wallop......This new version has yet to grow fully on me and I agree with some of you that it has been toned down and has a totally different vibe with Stevie's vocals. My biggest observation is that it now sounds so easy listening....which to me is even a step lighter than POP!!!...

I like "Say You Will" better...but also I'm beginning to feel that perhaps "Thrown Down" should have been the 1st single....out of everything we've heard so far.. TD has the newest sound. and is harder rockin'!!

Last edited by Christopher; 02-25-2003 at 01:27 PM..
Old 02-25-2003, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Having heard the different (and better) version of Peacekeeper (from Burnish.net) I`m absolutely fine with this choice!
(Who didn`t realize the difference between the files floating around- check it out, you`ll surely change your mind)
Old 02-25-2003, 02:12 PM
Ledgie

wow... RIGHT before I came here and saw this thread, I was just thinkin, as I listened again to it, that with what's goin on in the world, I bet Peacekeeper would be VERY popular as a single! (~~~isn't that weeird?~~~~lol)

although I 'personally' like another of the songs I've heard better, i think Peacekeeper sounds very 'radio friendly', and I believe it will zoom on the charts! hey, the world needs it!! I think it's smart to release it... let the momentum build, then throw another one out!
Old 02-25-2003, 02:30 PM
Ledgie

BTW, thanks ever so much for posting the news, Christopher!!

So much for "get your up to date news here from THE KNIGHT"!!

~~giggle~~

Last edited by SilverGirl; 02-25-2003 at 02:32 PM..
Old 02-25-2003, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default CATCHY AS HECK!!

I have to say, the song has to grow on me (the FM version, I am in LOVE with Lindsey's version!!!), but it's DANG CATCHY, that's for sure, I sing the chorus all the time!!! I love that they kept in the wierd sound (ya'll know the one).

I'm gonna keep on listening to the mp3 I have of the song...and I love it, it's just...different with Stevie on it. I'm trying ya'll!!!!
Old 02-25-2003, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Thanks for the info...

that should make for an interesting choice as a single...Brian J.

ps-Seems Christopher beat the "Knight" & posters over there on Mick's website with this info...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-25-2003, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Cool

I'm perfectly fine with the release of "Peacekeeper" as the first single and it sounds like a hit to me. I'm so glad the song turned out to be a Lindsey/Stevie harmonizing effort. I hope every song on SYW has lots of harmonies between the two of them as they sound awesome together. I really got excited last night after I heard the song played on Third Watch and am highly anticipating the relase of the new record from Fleetwood Mac. YAY!!!!

It's B/N Fleetwood Mac, not Lindsey or Stevie Fleetwood Mac. YAY!!

Joe
Old 02-25-2003, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I heard the MP3 of "Peacekeeper" and I really wasn't that crazy about it. I did like Stevie's vocals, however. I think "Say You Will" would make a much better first single. I heard SYW again on the "That 70s Show" promo the other day and my ears just perk right up. Maybe if I heard "Peacekeeper on TV I would like it better. Does this make sense?
Old 02-25-2003, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Stefan - thanks for letting us know about the burnish.net version. A big difference - much more prominent Lindsey vocal etc! And of course the real thing will have an awesomely better sound again.

I think it is a great first single. Timely, catchy, clever, innovative... it's GYOW for 2003!
Old 02-26-2003, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can see why something like Peacekeeper would be a great song to release back in the 60's and 70's, but I don't think music is too much into politics these days. I haven't heard the album cut yet though, so I guess I should before I judge. But if you're thinking this will make a good single just because of it's place in what's going on in the world, I'd give it a second thought. Today we like to hide from things...we don't like to face them. I just really hope they know what they're doing, because this first single is pretty much everything for the album (unless it gets a rush with a second or third single). AND, they better not waste this album by releasing only two video'd singles!
Old 02-26-2003, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's cool! I posted in the Third Watch thread that our local adult alternative/contemporary station didn't have any info yet about the first single.

Quote:
I don't think music is too much into politics these days
I see your point about that, considering all the Vietnam era music, but I think it's just a matter of time before artists get their new post 9-11/anti-war music recorded and out there. Bruce Springsteen kinda beat everyone to it with "The Rising." And I'm sure there will be more to come. For example, Stevie's "Illume" won't be out until April 15, nearly 2 years later.

Who knows? It may even be a purposeful marketing thing by the record company. A controversial pop song with a catchy, radio-friendly hook.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:18 PM
Ledgie

I think musicians, celebrities, and the general public are becoming increasingly more into politics and anti-war protest in this country than at any other time since the vietnam era... there are more tools available due to technology to make voices heard:

(Feb. 26) - Sheryl Crow was ridiculed for wearing a "War is not the answer" T-shirt to an awards show, Sean Penn was castigated for visiting Baghdad and Martin Sheen was slammed for exploiting his TV role as a fictional U.S. president by fronting an anti-war ad promoting a ``virtual march'' on Washington.

In response, hundreds of thousands of war opponents called and faxed their senators and the White House Wednesday, jamming many congressional telephone lines for several hours.

Tom Andrews, a former Democratic representative from Maine who is running the organization, said more than 500,000 people had signed up on the Internet to take part and a half a million more were also expected to participate without registering on the group's web site (Moveon.org).

"We have hundreds of thousands of calls and faxes that we know are going in. It's a first-of-its-kind protest and a tremendous success already," he said. "People are making their voices heard loud and clear -- don't invade and don't occupy Iraq."

The Web site had a running total of what it said was the number of calls placed. As of 5 p.m., the number was almost 400,000. The Web site was flashing the names of individual protesters above a map of the United States with quotes from e-mails sent to the headquarters and to lawmakers. Each comment included the name and hometown of the protester.
Old 02-27-2003, 12:31 AM

Default Good choice

Hey Christy and SilverGirl, I agree completely that it's a timely choice. I hope Christopher's radio station got its information right. Perhaps the state of the world was a factor in choosing Peacekeeper as the first single. If so, good on 'em.

The more I listen to this new version, the more I'm okay with it. Not that anyone at FM gives a $#@% whether I'm okay with it or not, but I am.

Should be an interesting week.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

this track's gonna get them being asked all sorts of current political questions, i hope they know what they are doing.
i REALLY hope they know what they're doing.
(is this the smell of trouble or was it just my cat who farted???)

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

While the sentiment of this song will go over well here (The Bay Area)and western Europe it may not be so warmly embraced in middle America aka the Bush/Bible belt. where the perception of forgein affairs is generally not as sophisticated. I'm very glad it is the first single although from what i can hear of "Say You Will; its very catchy as well.

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 02-27-2003 at 07:00 AM..