User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It's interesting- judging by the title alone, I've been absolutely dreading hearing Carnival Begin. But here it is- by far the most alluring and classically Fleetwood Mac song we've heard since perhaps Destiny Rules. I'm really looking forward to hearing this album in its entirety now. I'd become quite anxious, given the poppy nature of the first few songs.
Yeah, Carnival Begin is as classic Mac as anything I've heard from this band since songs like Gypsy or Brown Eyes. It's got the full treatment. And there's a bit of Smile I Live For in it, too.

Given what I've heard from the 17-minute video, I realize now that their first three released songs were teasers, poppy appetizers that get people stoked to hear more. They were saving the feast for the release date.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know I'm probably wrong, but I kind of got a romantic vibe between the two from the video hahah
Old 05-25-2017, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So excited now. Really like Love is here to say and Carnival begin.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the bit around 9:54 or so sounds awfully reminiscent of ISA live.....

there's definitely some of that vocal tweaking going on, which kinda irritates me... leave the pro tools etc alone people..... and I wish her vocals were more upfront in the mix than they are.....she deserves to be clearly heard and not blended in with his tweaked vocals...

but I'm feeling better than when we only had the 3 initial songs to go by.

He wishes her merry xmas and she says happy new year...... was this the holidays 2016 or going back further, to before the tour??
Old 05-25-2017, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great little film. I am so excited to hear the full songs of Red Sun and Carnival Begins. Yay!!!!
Old 05-26-2017, 12:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

I saw this this morning and just rewatched it....
What struck me was how almost giddy LB was about this whole process. He seemed really happy to have receptive collaboration and feedback.
Can't wait to hear the whole album....

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 05-26-2017, 12:46 AM
Ledgie

This album sounds amazing and the "Making of Buckingham McVie" was great to watch. It's so incredible to see them all creating another project.

As wonderful as this is, as some of you have already said, it's just sad seeing it without Stevie participating. I think (and hope) it's going to be a huge hit and it will just be heartbreaking if this is the last album the group ever makes and she wasn't involved in it. I hope it won't be something she will regret for the rest of her life.

Last edited by TsnFan4Ever; 05-26-2017 at 12:55 AM..
Old 05-26-2017, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That was really sweet.
Even the staged/cheesy parts.

The album sounds really good - and I'm happy to hear a lot of guitar and duo harmony.

Thank you for posting.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If I can make myself wait, I'll save my first listen of the full album for when I have a long drive. My drive to college is about 1.5 hours, but only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. The album comes out on a Friday so this presents a problem. I'll be driving to soccer the following day, but that never takes more than half an hour.

I just enjoy driving to music, being in motion while listening to the songs. I'll sort something out. I'd go to the beach, but it'll be Winter by then.

Eh maybe I just listen in my room or study.

Thanks for sharing The Making Of video. Carnival Begin and On With the Show snippets were the highlights for me.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, what an unexpected treat! Like many of you said- a happy Destiny Rules. It really is so moving to see them so loving towards each other- I got a little watery eyed at the end!

I still wish Lindsey didn't distort his vocals in all his songs, but I really did like the songs I haven't heard yet, especially the closing song- wow!

They are just so lovely together aren't they? I must say I am more excited about the album now.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I still wish Lindsey didn't distort his vocals in all his songs[/QUOTE]

Lindsey has been doing this since Mirage. I kind of like it most of the time. The studio MAC and the live MAC have always been two very different sounds. As musicians in their late 60's/70's it's even more necessary (IMO) It also gives the harmonies and background vocals a much richer full sound and for the non MAC fanatics you would think Stevie is in the mix.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

He wishes her merry xmas and she says happy new year...... was this the holidays 2016 or going back further, to before the tour??

Somewhere there are articles written at the time. It was Winter 2016 right before Christmas.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey got a "beautiful, circular moment" in.

Christine is on "On With The Show" Yes! I definitely think she's on SATC as it shows in the video.

Them all hugging and kissing And Christine saying how "bloody easy" it is - that makes me so happy.

I LOVE the sound of Carnival Begin and the lush harmonies and organ, very reminiscent of Heart of Stone. Red Sun also sounds great.

All the little conversations between Lindsey and Christine are wonderful. What a treat this video is.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I'll be driving to soccer the following day, but that never takes more than half an hour.

I just enjoy driving to music, being in motion while listening to the songs. I'll sort something out. I'd go to the beach, but it'll be Winter by then.
Add 10 minutes to your soccer drive. Enjoy!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
It's like a happy 'Destiny Rules'!

When they were talking towards the end about how it feels like she'd never been away, it did make me feel rather mournful about what they might have produced in those 'lost' years. But then, that's Fleetwood Mac for you - they always leave you wanting more...
Yes!!!

I feel the same about what could have been - the lost years, and Stevie not being on this album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
My favorites:

Is that guy the Stevie replacement they brought in? I've seen better...