Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2022, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I would like for her to have seen that. If her brother is alive, since her official site tracked the tributes, he is seeing these things. I am sure his children and grandchildren show him. That feels good.

I don’t know how much Chris got out at the end but if she was like me she hears Everywhere all around. When I pump my gas, there it is being played at the pump station. I do think that there was a dearth of young artists who referred to her has an inspiration and she may have felt that. She joked that there hasn’t been much hero worship but that we could start it. I think she might have liked to have been mentioned more in pop culture round ups, mentioned in her own right, not as part of FM.
I wonder how her brother John is doing with all this sadness. He is 83 now. She also has a younger half brother Cyril who would be about 52 now and i think he had 2 kids.. I haven't seen him mentioned in her obituaries. she also has more than 1 nephew..i believe it was a total of 3 nephews and a niece. I suppose Dan was the one she was closest to...

--Lis
Old 12-03-2022, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Ok here goes. (A little anger here.)

I honestly don't give a crap about their relationship. And I say this because "it is what it is". And Christine's death just may be the thing that does it. She just may, once again, bring them together.

But the truth is, they created that legacy, they created that destructive drama, they wrote this nasty story. The last years of them stabbing each other in the media was really truly who they were/are. I felt like calling them and telling both of them to just shut up already. We get it, you hate each other.

And Christine wrote her story, and I'm glad it's being told in proper. Everything I've seen has pretty much been "on point". So again, I really don't give a crap about B/N legacy or their entitled media relationship. I couldn't be more completely turned off by their behavior. What I do love is both of their tributes to Christine. They finally got something right in the realm of "being human".
Wonderfully said.
Old 12-04-2022, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I wonder how her brother John is doing with all this sadness. He is 83 now. She also has a younger half brother Cyril who would be about 52 now and i think he had 2 kids.. I haven't seen him mentioned in her obituaries. she also has more than 1 nephew..i believe it was a total of 3 nephews and a niece. I suppose Dan was the one she was closest to...
Keeping in mind it's The Sun, but according to this article (which had a few errors)...

She said: “I had the the big slice and dice (sterilisation) four months ago. I have reached the stage when my lifestyle and frame of mind is no longer cut out for babies. Where would they fit in?

“I have two godchildren, a half brother and a half sister who is 11. It’s great to have them around the house when they visit from England.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ie-motherhood/

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-04-2022, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Keeping in mind it's The Sun, but according to this article (which had a few errors)...

She said: “I had the the big slice and dice (sterilisation) four months ago. I have reached the stage when my lifestyle and frame of mind is no longer cut out for babies. Where would they fit in?

“I have two godchildren, a half brother and a half sister who is 11. It’s great to have them around the house when they visit from England.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ie-motherhood/
Thanks for posting that, Steve. I don't think I've ever seen that full article. just bits and pieces. interesting that john had to actually set a wedding date for them to go ahead and finalize the divorce.

--Lis
Old 12-04-2022, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

According to The Sun she recorded an album in 2013 that was never released!!!!????!!!!
Really??? Naah

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-04-2022, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
According to The Sun she recorded an album in 2013 that was never released!!!!????!!!!
Really??? Naah
I bet there are definitely songs. Christine got the music bug again. When she rejoined her and Lindsey instantly started recording. The tour was booked and they shelved what would later become Buck/Vie.
I hope someday we get to hear these songs. I bet even Lindsey has a few demos left over of hers.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes Steve, great article.

Lindsey and Stevie going through life never knowing whether or not Christine was having a go at them.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thing I found interesting is that she had a half-sister? First I’d ever read that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-04-2022, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Thing I found interesting is that she had a half-sister? First I’d ever read that.
Yes interesting. I saw photos of a funeral online that may or may not be hers but claimed to be. There was a woman that looked like her but much younger. If she was 11 in 1978 she would be in her mid to late 50s.
Old 12-04-2022, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think maybe she meant step sister? that may have been a misprint Her father's 2nd wife was only a year older than Chris...so she would have been about 27ish when she married Chris's dad. I remember reading that she had a daughter, and then they had their son cyril together when Chris's dad was about 68.

so maybe it's more accurate to say she has an older brother, a younger step sister and a younger half brother.

--Lis
Old 12-04-2022, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I think maybe she meant step sister? that may have been a misprint Her father's 2nd wife was only a year older than Chris...so she would have been about 27ish when she married Chris's dad. I remember reading that she had a daughter, and then they had their son cyril together when Chris's dad was about 68.

so maybe it's more accurate to say she has an older brother, a younger step sister and a younger half brother.

--Lis
That would make sense. The article had enough errors that I could see that being the case.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-04-2022, 04:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
After 2018/2019 I thought I had put to bed and dealt with the fact that the original 5 would most likely never perform again. The passing of Christine really makes that final. I was introduced to the band in 1997. My first love with the band wasn't the Rumours album, it was their live performances. I don't lament a final album with all 5, but the realization that they'll never hit the stage as a complete unit is a gut punch.

I also don't want to see Lindsey and Stevie go to the end with bitterness between them. How great is it that Christine and John were able to be friends and put the past behind them, seemingly decades ago. I love this passage from a recent Rolling Stone article about Christine:

Some of the best moments in Fleetwood Mac’s final tours, reuniting all five of the classic lineup, came during the Stevie Nicks/Lindsey Buckingham solo showcases. Every night, Christine would sit next to John on the piano bench, out of sight from most of the audience, just the two of them whispering and giggling together. They always huddled like two old friends, just sharing a private laugh. It was such a touching sight — so sweet and civilized, in the middle of all that emotional sturm und drang. She brought that warmth out in people. Even these people.

When it comes down to Lindsey and Stevie, it's so sad to see their animosity baked into their public persona, like an expectation of their coexistence. Time is so finite at this point in their lives. Knowing their animosity will be part of their epitaph is an incredibly hard pill to swallow. When the time comes, we probably won't see passages like the one written above in the context of Lindsey and Stevie.
Really well said, and agree completely. I will be forever appreciative for the miracle that was 2014-17. As someone who came on board because of but definitively post-The Dance, I thought I would only ever hear Stevie cover Christine's parts of Don't Stop and World Turning, and of course never hear songs like Everywhere, YMLF, or Songbird live. The pinnacle for me as the BuckVie tour -- getting to see the two of them, so in their element, up close and personal. I couldn't ask for anything more, and as it turns out, they didn't give us anything more.

I've adored seeing all of the tributes and obits (I actually got the NYT to correct a couple parts he got wrong - album release dates and orders). Harry Styles in Chile. Keith Urban in Australia. Really shows how impactful and far reaching her work was. But I can't shake a sadness that it's really, finally over. Whatever they do from now on, and who knows what if anything that will be, it will not be my Fleetwood Mac.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I bet there are definitely songs. Christine got the music bug again. When she rejoined her and Lindsey instantly started recording. The tour was booked and they shelved what would later become Buck/Vie.
I hope someday we get to hear these songs. I bet even Lindsey has a few demos left over of hers.
It would be great if there was something….but I honestly doubt there’s much. If there was anything worthwhile there Lindsey would have used it for the BuckVie album. Don’t forget, BuckVie was only 10 tracks. If she had more material he surely would have used it.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-04-2022, 04:32 PM

I want to hear those extra BuckVie tunes.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I want to hear those extra BuckVie tunes.
Yeeeesssssssss!