User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2022, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
It's hard to process how that smashes any re-convening of the five....forever.
It's sad, but we can be comforted knowing the OWTS, LBCM Tour, The Classics, and MusiCares performances were fun and Christine, Mick, John, Stevie, and Lindsey were happy performing on stage during those events. What went on backstage we shouldn't care about.

And as far as why the five wasn't still together, from reading Christine's press this year, it sounds like there wasn't any ill wishes between Christine and Lindsey.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It's hard to process how that smashes any re-convening of the five....forever.
I know. I always had a small hope, however remote and unrealistic, that they might reunite at least to do a special show, a one-off...

At least we got that 2014-2015 tour. I'm so grateful for that.

Last edited by sodascouts; 11-30-2022 at 10:33 PM..
Old 11-30-2022, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I've often imagined over the years how I would feel when this day came. I imagined I would feel like life was over. But I just feel numb right now. I guess I haven't processed it yet. I've been dealing with business stuff ever since I read about her death this afternoon. And that's now over. So I'm about to watch Fleetwood Mac DVD after Fleetwood Mac DVD, drink some wine, and hopefully cry my eyes out. She was the heart of the band of my life, for the last 45 years. There will never be another like her.
33 years for me, but otherwise I could have written every word of this. I think I’m somewhere between shocked and numb right now… and I’m on my third glass of wine. I didn’t want to think of this ever happening, but the reality is that they’re getting up there in age. I didn’t realize it would hit so hard, though.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My older cousin moved in with us when I was 13, with her Rumours 8-track tape. I wore it out, and many other copies afterwards. I was obsessed with it, and the band. I was pretty much an equal fan of all three singers in the first few years. But as time passed, I found Christine to be the real heart of the band. She had the best songs. That's why she had the most hits.

I've often imagined over the years how I would feel when this day came. I imagined I would feel like life was over. But I just feel numb right now. I guess I haven't processed it yet. I've been dealing with business stuff ever since I read about her death this afternoon. And that's now over. So I'm about to watch Fleetwood Mac DVD after Fleetwood Mac DVD, drink some wine, and hopefully cry my eyes out. She was the heart of the band of my life, for the last 45 years. There will never be another like her.
You were one of the persons I thought about when I heard the news. This is such a shock.
I haven't cried yet and can't bring myself to listen to her music. I'm afraid that if I start crying I'll never stop.
I hope you'll be okay.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-30-2022, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This post started the tears flowing. Hugs to you both.
Right back at you! ❤️
Old 11-30-2022, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
It's possible that Mick and John knew before Stevie or Lindsey.
I would actually expect that. Perhaps even that Mick was the conduit for getting the info from the family out to the others
Old 11-30-2022, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
It's possible that Mick and John knew before Stevie or Lindsey.
I think it's almost certain they knew before. John was family at one point and Christine's was Molly's godmother, and Mick had been like family to Christine for over 55 years.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-30-2022, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been searching for photos on my phone of my last experience, which was BuckVie in Nashville(actually, I later saw Louisville, but had cheap seats for that show). I had 4th row center for Nashville, but quickly pushed my way to the front, where I placed the dozen roses I'd brought for Christine right at her toes. The stage was very high, about 5'. I kept pushing the roses towards her tootsies, but they were still a couple inches away. I was in heaven... the closest I ever was to her. At the end, she didn't take them... maybe she couldn't see them for the spotlights? Her assistant came out almost immediately after the show, and I begged her to please take them back stage and give them to Christine. She took them, but of course I'll never know if Christine got them. I mean, she never called me...
That's my last FM memory, and it's a good un...
Old 11-30-2022, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
I've been watching tributes flood my social media news feeds, from friends, news outlets, and acquaintances alike. She's receiving so much love. I never even knew that many of my friends and acquaintances were fans. Christine made so many people happy. I hope she knew and felt that.
Fleetwood Mac is a special band. Christine never seemed to like attention and I think people sensed that and let her be. Now that she gone, it’s time to show some love.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
You were one of the persons I thought about when I heard the news. This is such a shock.
I haven't cried yet and can't bring myself to listen to her music. I'm afraid that if I start crying I'll never stop.
I hope you'll be okay.
I'm watching her 1984 concert now, and have cried a few times already. I became a musician because of FM, and after 36 years, my last gig will be new years eve. After today, I have even less passion for it. With her passing, the band of my life is no more. To me, Christine WAS FM.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Fleetwood Mac is a special band. Christine never seemed to like attention and I think people sensed that and let her be. Now that she gone, it’s time to show some love.
Yep.
My Facebook feed has been nonstop tributes from people she’s worked with or who knew her in some way, and the way she’s described is how I’ve always imagined she’d be. It’s amazing to see such an outpouring of love for someone who always seemed so understated. She was respected by so many. Hopefully she knew what a huge mark she left in the music world.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Old 11-30-2022, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In looking at the published tributes/obituaries for Chris I came across this line quoted in the Variety tribute:

During a 2015 New Yorker interview, she displayed a silver chain on her wrist to writer Rachel Syme. “Stevie gave me this chain,” she said, “It used to have a diamond feather on it. It’s a metaphor, you know. That the chain of the band will never be broken. Not be me, anyways. Not again by me.”

How right she was.... and how ironic the actual chain-breaker was the one who gave her that chain...
Old 11-30-2022, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm watching her 1984 concert now, and have cried a few times already. I became a musician because of FM, and after 36 years, my last gig will be new years eve. After today, I have even less passion for it. With her passing, the band of my life is no more. To me, Christine WAS FM.
She was quite unique and a breath of fresh air between the often dark songs of Lindsey and Nicks. I missed that on SYW.

That 1984 show was great. I haven't seen her live because I was living in Europe at the time and she didn't tour there but the video of it was awesome.

Now that she's gone, there is no more FM. When she left in '98 there was always that little sparkle of hope that she'd return and she did. But now... FM is no more.

Hang in there, my friend and try to have fun at your last gig. She would have wanted you to have fun.

You got a sweet heart
Old 11-30-2022, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In looking at the published tributes/obituaries for Chris I came across this line quoted in the Variety tribute:

During a 2015 New Yorker interview, she displayed a silver chain on her wrist to writer Rachel Syme. “Stevie gave me this chain,” she said, “It used to have a diamond feather on it. It’s a metaphor, you know. That the chain of the band will never be broken. Not be me, anyways. Not again by me.”

How right she was.... and how ironic the actual chain-breaker was the one who gave her that chain...
Where's the like button when you need one?!

I couldn't agree more about the irony.

You got a sweet heart