Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are six pictures posted on The Tennessean website:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....H&Profile=1005
Old 06-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The show last night was an amazing experience! Lindsey was absolutely on fire - no big surprise there. Stevie was also great, although it was difficult for me to hear her vocals as I was at Lindsey's mic the entire night. Stevie smiled a lot and moved around a great deal. The show moved so quickly, and this was my first Mac show at the stage, so it's hard to give an ample review. However, I will point out that the highlights for Stevie of course, were "Rhiannon", "Gold Dust Woman", "Stand Back". She gave these songs her all and it really showed. I am in love with the new vibe they are giving "Gold Dust Woman" - between Stevie's dramatic swaying and ad-libbing, in keeping with Lindsey's wonky guitar riffs; new life is breathed into this Mac standard.

Lindsey laughed at the end of "Say You Love Me", a shared joke with Stevie it seemed. Stevie gave him a little back scratch during their "Sara" hug which is more center stage since she doesn't go to his mic to sing the last line. "Landslide" was dedicated to Michelle Branch. Lindsey dedicated "Big Love" to all the acoustic musicians in Nashville who were the founders of the music (paraphrase). The gathering of John, Stevie and Lindsey around Mick's drum kit for "World Turning" is a very poignant and appropriate sight.

"Silver Springs" was the last encore, but Stevie literally grabbed her throat at the ending line and Lindsey looked at her with great concern. She managed to drop "blue green colors flashing" to a lower key for a nice, smooth save, but I would bet money that they won't attempt this song in New Orleans, or maybe even the make up dates in Canada.

Someone gave Stevie a bouquet of white roses, which Lindsey took and handed to her at the end. She gave them to Mick to hold while the closing remarks were made. She told the audience that she never thought in her wildest dreams she would ever be singing on a stage in Nashville and that it was proof that dreams really do come true. Mick, while holding the roses, said he felt like he was "on Broadway"...which gave Stevie a great laugh - and the most genuine laugh and smile from her of the night. (By the way, Mick, you were on Broadway...)

There were many limos and tour buses outside the venue and I'm sure several famous friends/fans were at the show, but I personally didn't spot any.

Overall, Nashville was an audience who proved their love for the Mac - an amazing crowd who showed their love fully and all four members seemed very appreciative of the response.

Other observations:

*Stevie did a small kick at the end of "I Know I'm Not Wrong"
*Lindsey made several kicking movements at her during "Gold Dust Woman" as she points at him and they sing the last "do you know how to pick up the pieces and go home"
*Stevie wore fingerless silver fish net gloves at some point
*Lindsey wasn't wearing his necklace
*Stevie wore the half boots for a few songs, the tennis shoes for the most part, but it allowed her the mobility to twirl a lot during "Gypsy" and "Stand Back"
*Stevie doesn't like the introduction, Mick pointed out and she did sort of motion him to hurry it along, and he did immediately proceed to introduce her as their "first lady, Stephanie Nicks". Then, he said John liked this part even less than Stevie.
**Lindsey tried to get Stevie to do the fake ice skating as they came back out, and she played along briefly, very briefly.
*Stevie nodded at Lindsey quickly as he kissed her hand for the last encore ("let's get this over with ...?")
*John and Stevie appeared to have a little trouble with their ending bows
*It was over too quick.

Last edited by CADreaming; 06-20-2009 at 07:08 PM..
Old 06-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Stevie gave him a little back scratch during their "Sara" hug which is more center stage since she doesn't go to his mic to sing the last line.
Lindsey should get her to take care of his nose itch while she is there. After all, his hands are full.

I like the little kicks he does for Gold Dust Woman. It's like he's spurring Stevie on towards her big yell.

Quote:
The gathering of John, Stevie and Lindsey around Mick's drum kit for "World Turning" is a very poignant and appropriate sight.
Yes, I like that ending better than the song actually. I like the way they come out too. Lindsey from one direction and John and Stevie from the other side of the stage. It's like a slow swarm.

Quote:
"Silver Springs" was the last encore, but Stevie literally grabbed her throat at the ending line and Lindsey looked at her with great concern.
Whoa!

I know they'll be sad not to get SS in New Orleans and Canada, but she really did give it her best. It's not like the SYW tour where it went out and stayed out.

I'm sorry I'm not seeing them again. I hope to catch the last leg, but am already regretting my decision to bypass New Orleans since it would no longer be the "last" show. Thanks for the great review.

Michele
Old 06-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there, but I didn't post where I was going to sit before the show. Because, I was at my mom's for several days before the show, and she doesn't have a computer....lol. Anyway, my seats were Sec. 2 Row 1, seats 9 and 10, but I stood in front of the stage just to the right of Stevie.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 06-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77 View Post
I was there, but I didn't post where I was going to sit before the show. Because, I was at my mom's for several days before the show, and she doesn't have a computer....lol. Anyway, my seats were Sec. 2 Row 1, seats 9 and 10, but I stood in front of the stage just to the right of Stevie.
I was just to the left of stevie, probably very close to you. It was great, and I picked stevie's side, but wish I had picked Lindsey's. My brother in law and I both played the guitar, which was fun to do again. The show was great! And Nashville was loads of fun!!

I did think about you saying you had front row b/c when we got there they said first 15 rows could go to the stage. I would be mad if I bought front row and didn't make it to the front, so I am glad you did.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Old 06-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey should get her to take care of his nose itch while she is there. After all, his hands are full.
LOL! That would be mighty nice of her...

Quote:
I like the little kicks he does for Gold Dust Woman. It's like he's spurring Stevie on towards her big yell.
Agreed...the only thing that makes it better is when she's flinging her arm out with her point. Last night it was not so flingy as a subtle move.

Quote:
Yes, I like that ending better than the song actually. I like the way they come out too. Lindsey from one direction and John and Stevie from the other side of the stage. It's like a slow swarm.

Whoa!

I know they'll be sad not to get SS in New Orleans and Canada, but she really did give it her best. It's not like the SYW tour where it went out and stayed out.

I'm sorry I'm not seeing them again. I hope to catch the last leg, but am already regretting my decision to bypass New Orleans since it would no longer be the "last" show. Thanks for the great review.

Michele
That's too bad Michele. I would have loved to read a NO review from you.

Another tidbit I remembered: During Stevie's Gypsy story, when she was describing the Fritz call and asked what kind of band is it and they said a hardcore rocking San Fran band, Stevie bowed down a la "I'm not worthy" before saying "oh yeah I can do that!" Very cute and funny....
Old 06-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

I was there and OMG I thought they were AMAZING!!! I was right at the stage on Stevie's side all night. Lindsey came over and played his guitar and let us grab onto his leg, boots and play on the guitar it a bit. It was sooooo exciting!! I got that side to be closer to Stevie but Lindsey was all over it too and just letting us go crazy` Very cool

I tried and tried yelling to Stevie but she is a hard one to get attention from. Another girl beside me (maybe a ledgie on here?) had a shaw to give her and I had a white wing dove peace sign braclet to give.. but she finally winked and motioned to lay the scarff down and she'd mouthed the words "I'll get it later" or something like that. So we tossed our stuff on stage. A crew member came out and got them. I hope they really do give it to her. My thoat is still sore from screaming! lol

I have 4 videos I am going to post on utube (Storms, Sara, a part of GYOW, Gypsy, some of SYLM and SS) I will let you know when they are up. And I got lots of pics.. most... came out blurry. With all the crowd and Stevie and Lindsey moving so much it was hard to get a good one. But I managed to get alot that I like. I will be posting them on my photobucket and I will give the link when I get that done as well.

I thought the whole evening was AWESOME!! They really rocked out. Stevie looked beautiful and enchanting... Lindsey was hotttt and hyper as all get out! John was John as usual. And Mick banged on the drums like no tomorrow.
I too noticed on Silver Springs Stevie's voice cracked a bit and she grabbed her throat ... poor gal I am sure it's rough on her.

Anyway I am so glad I got this experience! ( I went in May and I had lower level seats this was so much better!) I was really really wanting to hear SS too. So that made my night. I've never been so close before.. it rocked. It was great to see my favorite band up close!! (aside from Stevie solo of course)
It was an experience I will NEVER forget!!

Last edited by BellaDonna; 06-21-2009 at 12:01 AM..
Old 06-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard several acoustic LB songs before the show, including: "Destiny Rules", "Peacekeeper", "Down on Rodeo", and I was glad to finally hear the new "Stephanie". Love all these!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna View Post
I tried and tried yelling to Stevie but she is a hard one to get attention from.
Boy, that's the truth. I tried when she came over while Mick was saying goodnight and that woman just barely looked my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna View Post
I thought the whole evening was AWESOME!! They really rocked out. Stevie looked beautiful and enchanting... Lindsey was hotttt and hyper as all get out!
I second that emotion. Stevie looked incredible. She is so beautiful, really. And, Lindsey is one hot man for sure. Great eye candy, those front people!

Last edited by CADreaming; 06-21-2009 at 12:33 AM..
Old 06-21-2009, 12:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I heard several acoustic LB songs before the show, including: "Destiny Rules", "Peacekeeper", "Down on Rodeo", and I was glad to finally hear the new "Stephanie". Love all these!!

Yes I loved hearing these as well! I think "Stephanie" sounds so pretty.

Quote:
Boy, that's the truth. I tried when she came over while Mick was saying goodnight and that woman just barely looked my way...
Yeah that kinda sucked... She sure don't like to get close too close the crowd! If she would have came over my night would have rated like 100%, but I will still say it was 99%. haha

Quote:
I second that emotion. Stevie looked incredible. She is so beautiful, really. And, Lindsey is one hot man for sure. Great eye candy, those front people!
*Very* nice eye candy, agreed!!
Old 06-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Any pics????...so many of you had good seats!!
Old 06-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

here are some of my pics that I put on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=8cd0f69ee2

I have video of storms, it may be too large to upload to FB because I haven't been able to get it on there successfully.

The show was great! It was great to hear Silver Springs! And the arrangement for Go Insane was great. Stevie had some great fingerless gloves with chains of rhinestones hanging from them, they were cool and I had not seen them before.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Here is the link to all the photos I took, I finally got them uploaded on photobucket. Some are a bit blurry, my camera sucks sometimes.

http://s434.photobucket.com/albums/q...n%20Nashville/

Some of my favorite ones of them are...

Wish it was clearer...

Old 06-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

A few more of my fav's...

Me & some others grabbing on for dear life..

Love this one alot..

I will post the link to my videos soon as they are done!
Old 06-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bella Donna, those are some great photos, especially of Mick and Stevie back to back. The vamp look on Stevie's face is priceless.

Also, when she is looking at John with her hair tossed over one eye -- that's brilliant too.

Lindsey, mouth open, holding her by one gloved hand. Doesn't get any better.

Thanks for posting.

Michele
Old 06-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish I had bought one of those souvenir tambourines! It was at a diff merch booth, and I didn't try hard to find it because I thought it would be online. Urgh!