Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:39 AM
Registered

Default Fleetwood Mac is Freakin' Goofy

So, I recently started a thread called "If Looks Could Kill..." so we can post examples of Stevie & Lindsey being grumpy at each other. While I was doing so, I posted the performance of "Sisters of the Moon" from the Mirage tour, at the beginning of which Mick goes up on his toes like Michael Jackson, commits harakiri on a drumstick, chugs an alcoholic beverage, and makes an obscene gesture with his tongue that prompted me into dubbing him Uncle Bad Touch the moment I first saw it. All in the space of less than 90 seconds.

While the Mac is definitely full of teh dramaz, they also have a tendency to be freakin' goofy, which I enjoy. So what are your favorite examples of members being goofy or adorable or both? Doesn't have to be only Rumours era & you can include solo stuff and whatnot.

Here are some more of mine:

Opening night in Pittsburgh on the Unleashed tour during "Go Insane." This is a really small one, but it never fails to make me smile - at about 2:06, Lindsey says, "Yeah!" in this terribly chipper tone that is just adorable to me. Because I'm a weirdo.

Live in Boston DVD, "Stand Back" - Lindsey gets down with his bad self, and Stevie plays airplane, zooming around with her arms out and her lips pursed like she's making airplane noises.

Live in Boston DVD again, "Tusk" - The shadowboxing thing is cute, but it's Lindsey's clapping and jumping away from her after they hug that makes me laugh. He's all "YAAAAAAAY!"

I'll come back with more after I snooze!

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 07-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Registered

Default I made you some gifs!

Look, guys, Mick's Uncle Bad Touch, I'm tellin' ya:

Who's Chris trying to fend off with this hair dryer?

Probably this guy. I'm just sayin.

And of course, what you've all been waitin' for - HOT HOTZ VEST ACTION:

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 07-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Registered

This is great, never saw this before - Lindsey has technical difficulties with guitar, so takes the opportunity to slip in a little workout on stage.

Someone should've brought out Stevie's treadmill.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't mind Gollum and Uncle Bad Touch.

GIFSoup
Old 07-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
This is great, never saw this before - Lindsey has technical difficulties with guitar, so takes the opportunity to slip in a little workout on stage.

Love Stevie saying to him she had no idea he could do that.

Michele
Old 07-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That's a great video! I wish I could understand every word they're saying, but, still, how cute are they both?

Zombie, I love Stand Back from the LIB video too. Lindsey's monkey dancing at the beginning is great - one of my favorite clips

--------------------------------------------------
Old 07-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey hopping around like a kangaroo

Old 07-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoro View Post

GIFSoup
I'm laughing so hard I have a stitch There's nothing better than a gif

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 07-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is from my Unleashed show, but i like how Lindsey stares everybody down before plopping down.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 07-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I'm laughing so hard I have a stitch There's nothing better than a gif
Especially since Stevie's just like, "Yeah, go ahead" So accommodating.

Quote:

WHAT DID YOU DO. RULEBREAKING HARLOT.

I'll never pass up an opportunity to post this:

Dorks.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I thought of this immediately when I read the title of this thread:

Old 07-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post

They're all so INTENSE in that photograph. Searing EMOTIONAL drama crackling from every square inch of their PASSIONATE bodies, unleashing the FURIES of sonic ROCKITUDE across the universe! And if you don't believe me, you can grow your own weed!
Old 07-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Awesome...

Quote:

Zombie,

where did you find this, awesome,

nice to see a sense of humor from B, &, N,

G,
Old 07-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoro View Post
I love that forever. And ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Love Stevie saying to him she had no idea he could do that.

Michele
Maybe it's 'cos she couldn't just let him go down and do his stuff? Maybe that's what that song is really about. Stevie! You missed out on some awesome calisthenics (doo-doodly-doo)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
That's a great video! I wish I could understand every word they're saying, but, still, how cute are they both?

Zombie, I love Stand Back from the LIB video too. Lindsey's monkey dancing at the beginning is great - one of my favorite clips
Yeah, I can't understand much of it, either - wish I could. But Lindsey has dance moves that kill by the millions. TRUFAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post

WHAT DID YOU DO. RULEBREAKING HARLOT.

I DON'T KNOW. IT WAS JUST AN ENDLESSLY LOOPING CLOSE-UP GIF OF MICK BANGING ON HIS CROTCH. Y U MAD, PHOTOBUCKET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeof27 View Post
Zombie,

where did you find this, awesome,

nice to see a sense of humor from B, &, N,

G,
I found it in my usual YouTube travels. The owner has some excellent quality vids of The Dance & LIB up right now, but they won't last, I'm sure.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
This is what I wrote after the show, it captures a little of what they said.

SAY GOODBYE: Lovely -- not the song -- the instrumental failure. Great fun. Lindsey did his little speech for Say Goodbye, but then something happened with his guitar. He goes to the side to fix it, saying that this is a lesson in "earn while you learn." Stevie pretends that she's going to do a little tap dance. When he comes back he begs Ray just to tell him he's ok. Ray walks over and says that he's ok to play again and Lindsey pats him. Lindsey says that Ray is his long time friend and assistant whose last name is Lindsay. "Isn't that weird?" Stevie says "It is weird." Reminiscent of the conversation he had with Christine on the The Dance video.

Lindsey is easily weirded out. He must not get out much. He thinks the most common things are singular. Anyway, he says that in all fairness it is not Ray's fault because this is the first night of their tour and there are bound to be problems. He tells Ray there will be a $50 fine. He prepares to start Say Goodbye again and turns to Stevie again, but says that the tender moment is gone. He says the audience should have pity, while they try to recapture the mood. She laughs and says they should try to be serious again and regain their composure.

He starts playing and the guitar goes out again. Many giggles from Stevie. Lindsey lays on the floor. She says that Lindsey is just going to take a little nap. He starts doing sit ups and then he turns on his stomach and does push ups. Stevie says, "I had no idea you could do that." Gee, that doesnt' say much about their sex life, if she had no idea. Shedding new light on why things started falling apart 30 years ago . . . She tells him, "I am so proud of you." After the push ups, Lindsey is on his knees, pretending to be too fatigued to stand up by himself. Stevie hugs him, caresses his face, kisses his hand and "helps" him off the floor.

She says that this is not the first time she and Lindsey have been on stage when nothing worked. She said they started this back in 1968 and some nights ALL the equipment failed. It is heady to imagine that 36 years ago Lindsey, Stevie, and the rest of Fritz were on some small stage somewhere performing. I think I’d love Stevie and Lindsey for their history alone. The temperamental guitar finally allows them to perform Say Goodbye.