User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I can't make out everything in the music room, but I do see the Rumours gold album on the wall. I wonder who plays the drums in her house! She has the kit set up on the wall and the piano on the opposite end.

Michele
It also looks like a framed picture of John's face on the top left of that part of the wall that has the pictures/albums....?????? Am I wrong?????
Old 09-21-2015, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is that one of the African safari hats from the Hold Me video sat on the piano (partially hidden)?
Is that a crystal ball also sat on the piano?
Or am I making things up that arent really there?
Old 09-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
It also looks like a framed picture of John's face on the top left of that part of the wall that has the pictures/albums....?????? Am I wrong?????
Yes, I'm sure that's John.
Surprisingly there seems to be very few (if any) band pictures around the house.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:01 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Holy cow... what a stunning property. She must've needed half a dozen "employees" just to look after the place!
Old 09-22-2015, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

FANTASTIC post!!!! I love the peek at her home!
Old 09-22-2015, 05:33 AM
Ledgie

I wonder where Christine will set up home next?
My guess is..........Maui.
Makes sense on so many levels for her to be nearer to the rest of FM at this point in time.

Cheers everyone,
Blue Horizon
Old 09-22-2015, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My guess is she just made more money than she could dream of on this latest tour and knows she can purchase an even better home for herself. This estate is gorgeous.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Yes, I'm sure that's John.
Surprisingly there seems to be very few (if any) band pictures around the house.
Maybe she keeps all the band pictures in her bedroom.

Michele
Old 09-23-2015, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well, as one ages one often becomes less and less inclined to live in cold climates. That warm California sunshine can be quite nice on 70+ year old bones. And, more seriously, Chris has talked about the isolation of her house in Kent and it leading to not-so-positive things (whether that's being somewhat depressed, drinking too much, or something else, we don't really know). I can't imagine that's much of an issue for her in LA, even if the band semi-retires (recording but no longer touring) or fully retires.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I saw the Mac in Miami a few months ago and Chris said she wished she lived here. In a youtube video from the LA concert Chris says she wished she still lived there.
Living on that huge isolated property could really make depression worse. If it makes her happy to move closer to friends and activities then I am so happy for her. She will look back at her Kent years as a dark time. So happy we got In the Meantime out of her during that time.
As for the lack of Mac memorabilia on the walls..........2 things: Chris does not take me as needing a "love me" wall. And the little that is there is not about her but about the group she belonged/belongs to. That is typical of her personality. Second, when a house is listed for sale most of that kind of stuff is taken down. It could attract groupies and distract from the home's beautiful qualities. But I am guessing that music room is the way it always was, minimalistic about her work with a super group. Didn't she say recently in her depression in the house she would immediately turn off the radio if a Mac song came on. She put herself down to not take credit for being part of the band.
I once suffered with depression. So I can sort of relate to that. Its difficult to describe but you can be an extremely successful person but you put yourself down mentally.
I love reading between the lines of her song "Bad Journey" Its a glimpse into her journey into that dark place in time.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-24-2015 at 06:53 AM..
Old 09-24-2015, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I
As for the lack of Mac memorabilia on the walls..........2 things: Chris does not take me as needing a "love me" wall. And the little that is there is not about her but about the group she belonged/belongs to.
I remember Lindsey saying he went to a restaurant and the owner had all of these pictures of himself when he was younger and Lindsey said he thought the guy must not have a happy life if he had to surround himself with pictures of his past. He indicated that in his own home, they just have pictures of the kids all over the place.

I would not expect to have lots of band stuff in Christine's place or Lindsey's. I'm not sure about John.

Michele
Old 09-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm not surprised her home isn't smattered with Mac memorabilia. None of the other Macsters homes seem to be either (sans Mick's income property in Hawaii). Chris especially seems least likely to worship herself of any of them. Plus, like Richard Dashut said, they always had a thing against wearing/displaying their own merchandise.

The whole sale does bring up some interesting questions, though. What's her motive here? Is she just in need of a new project- and is she going to use all this fresh tour money to purchase a new estate to restore? Is she simply wanting to downsize since she's getting older? Or does she now equate her estate with her dark agoraphobic period, and simply want to move on? Is she hoping to use the funds from the sale to buy a property in the States? If so, is she going to buy in LA again, or is she going to purchase a place in Hawaii near the boys? We probably won't ever know, but I do have to say it's good to see Chris moving forward.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I saw the Mac in Miami a few months ago and Chris said she wished she lived here. In a youtube video from the LA concert Chris says she wished she still lived there.
Living on that huge isolated property could really make depression worse. If it makes her happy to move closer to friends and activities then I am so happy for her. She will look back at her Kent years as a dark time. So happy we got In the Meantime out of her during that time.
As for the lack of Mac memorabilia on the walls..........2 things: Chris does not take me as needing a "love me" wall. And the little that is there is not about her but about the group she belonged/belongs to. That is typical of her personality. Second, when a house is listed for sale most of that kind of stuff is taken down. It could attract groupies and distract from the home's beautiful qualities. But I am guessing that music room is the way it always was, minimalistic about her work with a super group. Didn't she say recently in her depression in the house she would immediately turn off the radio if a Mac song came on. She put herself down to not take credit for being part of the band.
I once suffered with depression. So I can sort of relate to that. Its difficult to describe but you can be an extremely successful person but you put yourself down mentally.
I love reading between the lines of her song "Bad Journey" Its a glimpse into her journey into that dark place in time.
I've won a bunch of awards for film editing and I don't put them all around my house. It kind of looks douchey. Ha.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wouldnt necessarily expect her to have lots of memorabilia around the house- but you do expect people to have a few pictures of those closest to them. I'm surprised there arent a smattering of framed photographs here and there.

A few more pictures of her house here...
Looks like she has a picture of her and Stevie in the dining room of the guest house. Thats really nice.

'She is planning to 'upsize' in the capital'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-5million.html

(Thats a really sad way to end this article).

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 09-25-2015 at 02:36 PM..
Old 09-25-2015, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
A few more pictures of her house here...
Looks like she has a picture of her and Stevie in the dining room of the guest house. Thats really nice.

'She is planning to 'upsize' in the capital'
That man in the picture resembles Ricky Gervais.

Michele