Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he seems to be. the only evidence (but maybe someone here knows stuff i don't?) we seem to have of him not being extremely fond of her is his ridiculous "burning the bridges" phrasing and of course whatever SN rambles about either one of them ... and SN is not exactly the most reliable or unbiased person in that triangle.
I am in full agreement with Michele. I think he just wanted structure to her guesting on stage with them. LB has always been very sensitive about public perception and protocol. I think at this juncture in FM's career it's a little short sighted and maybe a bit anal. I mean David Gilmour had a full blown concert and David Bowie came out as a guest for one show. Gilmour used that show to make his DVD. The crowd went wild.

A simple, "We're gonna bring Christine back out for one more..." would have been fabulous.

Having said all that, I think any animosity he has comes from his disappointment of her complete and utter disappearance. When someone you "are very fond of" just up and leaves.... well it would be impossible not to have some anger about that.

As far as her re-joining them.. he better be open arms on that. One, they sound so much better with her. Two, it could be epic for all 5. Three, Nicks/Buckingham have become a bit stale. I'm not a fan of the EP in any way shape or form.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think Lindsey is just the guy who will argue and argue....AND ARGUE, until he gets his own way. I think it's just easier in the long run, to give in.
that's just a speculation, no?

he seems to me more like someone who'll say "we'll do it this way" and others just don't care to put in the work or input in doing it differently. Chris may be the only one having valid arguments, so he respects her opinion, or she is / was willing to also put in the work to actually make it different. so he listens to her suggestions, and can go either way... you know the sum of the parts...

frankly, i think John also has very strong opinions and ideas about his parts, and while they argued in the 70s, Lindsey has since learned it adds much more to just let John do what he wants to. but John, as he said in DR doc, doesn't have strong opinions about other song parts besides his own... while Christine would.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think Lindsey is just the guy who will argue and argue....AND ARGUE, until he gets his own way. I think it's just easier in the long run, to give in.

Don't you all know anyone like that?

I work with a guy like this. He has no position over me, whatsoever, but he just wears you down, arguing to no end, on why things need to be his way. Most of us just give in, and do things his way, because ain't nobody got time for all that arguing...

Let the babies have their own damned way.
Yes I know some one exactly like that. Its REALLY hard work standing up to them. It can be done, but it takes so much energy you think is it worth it? I tend to try and avoid this person.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
good for Christine, but isn't that weird? why wouldn't people speak their mind if they feel strongly about something? i could never understand that, when someone says others in FM bow down to whatever LB says. why would they do that? especially SN, these days when she essentially holds most of the cards in her hands re FM? laziness? taking the easy route out?

btw, however cool it is to think Christine'd be stronger than Lindsey , i think for their lithe frames they are actually both unexpectedly physically strong people.
It's more of their personalities than anything. Mick and Stevie come across as mediators, and thus prefer to keep the peace, while John prefers to not involve himself in conflicts. Christine, however, comes across as someone who is very blunt and honest, as manifested in multiple written accounts.

Speaking of your last sentence, I would think so too. I'm trying to imagine who would win between the two in an arm wrestling contset.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 11-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Having said all that, I think any animosity he has comes from his disappointment of her complete and utter disappearance. When someone you "are very fond of" just up and leaves.... well it would be impossible not to have some anger about that.

As far as her re-joining them.. he better be open arms on that. One, they sound so much better with her. Two, it could be epic for all 5. Three, Nicks/Buckingham have become a bit stale. I'm not a fan of the EP in any way shape or form.
yes and yes.

about EP, i don't know. i kinda hate it that LB went back to the formula there, but i really don't understand how all the people who seem to be so fond of FM formula dislike it so much. i think Christine herself said she's writing more of her formulaic songs these days... so it seems her and LB somehow agreed that's what they may do with the FM album if it ever comes to fruition. and i think John's illness puts it all in perspective and they actually will finish that album that the men of mac started.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I am in full agreement with Michele. I think he just wanted structure to her guesting on stage with them. LB has always been very sensitive about public perception and protocol. I think at this juncture in FM's career it's a little short sighted and maybe a bit anal. I mean David Gilmour had a full blown concert and David Bowie came out as a guest for one show. Gilmour used that show to make his DVD. The crowd went wild.

A simple, "We're gonna bring Christine back out for one more..." would have been fabulous.

I think this pretty much sums it up. Their relationship to me seems like the kind that would spend lots of time arguing and bickering a lot, but they have this brother/sister bond that will never go away either. And given the present circumstances, 1. Chris would probably re-join full time and 2. Lindsey would welcome it with open arms.

Last edited by applebucked; 11-16-2013 at 01:50 PM..
Old 11-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes I agree - I was just thinking of how much I liked that summing up of the situation
Old 11-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
It's more of their personalities than anything. Mick and Stevie come across as mediators, and thus prefer to keep the peace, while John prefers to not involve himself in conflicts. Christine, however, comes across as someone who is very blunt and honest, as manifested in multiple written accounts.
i think Mick is a mediator, definitely. Mick himself said at one of the m&gs that if it were up to him, he'd play blues, that's his favorite FM period, and that's his favorite kind of music to play. but he seems to go very much with the flow, and what's best for FM at a given point in time. and these days he seems to think supporting LB in having the reigns and bringing Christine back would be the best.

for Stevie, other than she herself saying she's a mediator, i don't see any evidence of that but i don't know much about her outside FM docs... from DR doc, she seems to be enabler maybe, giving in and then being passive aggressive about it later.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i think Mick is a mediator, definitely. Mick himself said at one of the m&gs that if it were up to him, he'd play blues, that's his favorite FM period, and that's his favorite kind of music to play. but he seems to go very much with the flow, and what's best for FM at a given point in time. and these days he seems to think supporting LB in having the reigns and bringing Christine back would be the best.

for Stevie, other than she herself saying she's a mediator, i don't see any evidence of that but i don't know much about her outside FM docs... from DR doc, she seems to be enabler maybe, giving in and then being passive aggressive about it later.
Perhaps it depends on how she wakes up that day. Maybe enabler would be a better word for it than mediator. Honestly, Lindsey and Christine's dynamic is a more interesting topic than Stevie and Lindsey's these days.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
I think this pretty much sums it up. Their relationship to me seems like the kind that would spend lots of time arguing and bickering a lot, but they have this brother/sister bond that will never go away either. And given the present circumstances, 1. Chris would probably re-join full time and 2. Lindsey would welcome it with open arms.
think so, it would definitely make sense, and we don't have much of anything that would contradict this.

i also think they have a lot of respect for each other and what each brings to the table.

do we know of them bickering? old videos or something?

Old 11-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
think so, it would definitely make sense, and we don't have much of anything that would contradict this.

i also think they have a lot of respect for each other and what each brings to the table.

do we know of them bickering? old videos or something?
The closest (which is not a lot) would be those backstage videos from the Rumours era and this part with Lindsey not wanting to do an interview and Christine goes "it's only 8 o'clock in the morning. it's not like it's f***ing midnight" or somthing like that. If any bickering did happen at some point, that would most likely be behind the scenes.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

btw guys, thanks to you all, Christine forum seems to be by far the most fun to visit and have some interesting back and forth convos here on TL these days!

Old 11-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
btw guys, thanks to you all, Christine forum seems to be by far the most fun to visit and have some interesting back and forth convos here on TL these days!
Honestly, this is the only board I enjoy posting these days. This is the only board in my entire stay on TL where petty arguments are a rare occurrence (which the other boards are prone to).

Meanwhile,

Last edited by applebucked; 11-16-2013 at 02:19 PM..
Old 11-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

can I just say... I'm loving these cartoons!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
can I just say... I'm loving these cartoons!
They're so fun to do, especially when new scenes come up.

and this is Lindsey's little demon