Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Vera Farmiga is Christine McVie

From nickslive (the definitive source!):

Vera Farmiga at some elle magazine-related thingamajig:

"Aaron Eckhart is going to play Dennis Wilson of The Beach Boys and I’ll be playing one of the great loves of Dennis’ life—Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac, so that will be really fun!”

I approve. Brilliant casting!

Last edited by HejiraNYC; 01-24-2012 at 07:58 PM..
Old 01-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

GAHH!! BRILLIANT CHOICE!! She's such an amazing actress! I don't give a hoot about the Beach Boys, but I'll absolutely have to see this. The thought of Christine being portrayed on the silver screen is just so incredibly exciting.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very interesting. We will get a look at the private world of Christine. I'm really looking forward to seeing this when it comes out.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If the movie is going to be about the Beach Boys, I can't imagine Dennis's short time with Christine will be anything more than a side note to a larger storyline. But absolutely great, dead-on casting!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-24-2012 at 08:48 PM..
Old 01-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, great casting!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Supporting Ledgie

That is awesome... I really hope she nails it.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whoa. This is exciting. Also, you guys don't like to have Christine harassed, but I don't mind so much. If reporters try to get comments from her about the portrayal, I'm all for it.

I don't want Harvey Levin to send people after our girl, but I would like to hear from her. It's been so long.

Michele
Old 01-25-2012, 05:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Any chance to hear "Hold Me"?

"Hold Me," reflected her bittersweet reflections on her relationship with Dennis Wilson, which had almost resulted in marriage but had ended instead the previous December, when Dennis had moved out of Chris's house and her life. Christine had loved Dennis with all her heart (we all did), and he was a fascinating if exhausting episode in her life. I felt some responsibility, because I had introduced them. Dennis was -an utter loon, and Chris was like my sister. I watched in trepidation as Chris almost went mad trying to keep up with Dennis, who was already like a man with twenty thyroid glands, not counting the gargantuan amounts of coke and booze and pills he was always shoving into himself. I was very torn, because Dennis was a friend, and I'd see him ****ing up and chasing skirts and didn't know whether it was my role to say anything to Chris. In the end I didn't have to. She got tired of spending a fortune and her health on maintaining Dennis on the road to his eventual destiny. In any case, "Hold Me" was a great song, and became the first hit single of the new album.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is SO exciting. The casting is brilliant, and I can't wait to see it. Isn't it ironic that after trying to stay out of the spotlight with or without the band, Chris will be first Mac member to be portrayed on the silver screen.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Only a slight step up from Cate Blanchett on the vomit scale. I wonder what it is about Christine that makes people want to cast such hateful women to play her (I wanted Katrin Cartlidge (rip) or Sally Hawkins--two of the most humane figures in modern film history).

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
If the movie is going to be about the Beach Boys, I can't imagine Dennis's short time with Christine will be anything more than a side note to a larger storyline. But absolutely great, dead-on casting!
The film is about Dennis Wilson, and focuses on the last six years of his life. Christine was not an insignificant part of those last years. We'll see how much they choose to focus on her, but it might be quite a large role.

Spot on casting! I'm thrilled.

Last edited by mezzoforte; 01-25-2012 at 11:46 AM..
Old 01-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Only a slight step up from Cate Blanchett on the vomit scale. I wonder what it is about Christine that makes people want to cast such hateful women to play her (I wanted Katrin Cartlidge (rip) or Sally Hawkins--two of the most humane figures in modern film history).
Um... it's called acting. They recite dialogue that they memorized from a script. Okay, some are better than others. But you can hardly extrapolate what they do on screen onto their personal attributes off-camera. Accordingly I'm puzzled by your use of the word humane figure. Are you saying that Cate Blanchett is a bad person, and therefore unfit to work in her chosen career?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It sounds like they had quite an intense relationship; I don't see how they could not include some of these episodes in the movie (from fmlegacy.com):

Quote:
With Dennis, there was never a lack of excitement. Unfortunately it was not the kind of excitement one would want. One night, because Dennis left candles burning in the pool house, or perhaps because of an electrical short, their pool house burned to the ground. There were, of course, intensely romantic moments, as only Dennis could orchestrate them. On a trip to Hawaii with Fleetwood Mac, Dennis bought Christine an unset ruby as an expression of his love. He presented it to her in Rex's restaurant in Honolulu, getting down on his knees in front of the whole band and proposing to Christine in earnest. Back in Los Angeles, when Dennis was showing the stone off to her friends, he carelessly dropped it on the floor. It was recovered by Dennis's long-time assistant Chris Kable, who found it in the vacuum-cleaner bag. In another incident, on Christine's birthday, he hired a team of gardeners to construct a heart-shaped flower bed in the backyard, and even hired a string quartet to play for her. Unfortunately, the bill for the party was sent to Christine. Not a good move Dennis.

Christine McVie's personal life was nearly destroyed by the end of 1980. She had tried several times, albeit unsuccessfully, to end her relationship with Dennis. Each time she asked him to leave, he came back like a sheepish dog, and Christine forgive and forgave. Like others before her (read: John), she forgave Dennis more times than she should have, and took him back. But, by Christmas of that year, her neighbors were up in arms over the loud arguing and public scenes taking place in the street, and her own lawyers advised Christine to end the relationship. Dennis moved out and rented his own house on Wavecrest Avenue in Venice Beach with a friend. Sadly though, Dennis' life ended tragically in a drowning accident a few years later.
However, that being said, it does seem like the focus will be on his subsequent (and final) relationship with Mike Love's daughter. Mucho scandalo!

Since he spent a good chunk of time following FM around on the Tusk tour, maybe there's a chance that some of this era may make it into the movie, which means they will have to cast actors to play Lindsey, Stevie, John and Mick as well.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And they'll heighten everything for the sense of drama anyway. So, even if she was a small part of his last downward spiral, they might make their relationship more pivotal in his life than it actually was, to enhance the script appeal.

Michele
Old 01-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's too "big" of an actress for it to be only a very small role, I won't be surprised if there was quite a lot of Christine in the screenplay and possibly an appereance from other FM bandmembers as well....

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/