Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down this is why "Fakewood" tour will sell

because general public is clueless. because they think - oh look another legendary band is reuniting, but one member already left, luckily MC is replacing him, quick lets go see them before somebody else leaves:

@leahsolmaz
Bit gutted that Lindsey Buckingham has left but still eagerly awaiting the reunion tour dates. Defo on the bucket-list to see them live so here's my meh cover as tribute "Landslide" & "Dreams" - Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac (Leah Solmaz Cover) https://youtu.be/-HlVajdZ898 via @YouTube

@ellellew
they'll reunite with Lindsey Buckingham??

@leahsolmaz
I doubt it but they've got Mike Campbell to take his place for the reunion tour so fingers crossed they go ahead with it still

and because every 5th tweet on my TL is stupid Live Nation promoted tweet advertising this abomination of a tour, even though i unfollowed both fleetwood mac and love nation. they are dumping money in advertising like crazy.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-29-2018, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
because general public is clueless. because they think - oh look another legendary band is reuniting, but one member already left, luckily MC is replacing him, quick lets go see them before somebody else leaves:

@leahsolmaz
Bit gutted that Lindsey Buckingham has left but still eagerly awaiting the reunion tour dates. Defo on the bucket-list to see them live so here's my meh cover as tribute "Landslide" & "Dreams" - Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac (Leah Solmaz Cover) https://youtu.be/-HlVajdZ898 via @YouTube

@ellellew

@leahsolmaz
I doubt it but they've got Mike Campbell to take his place for the reunion tour so fingers crossed they go ahead with it still

and because every 5th tweet on my TL is stupid Live Nation promoted tweet advertising this abomination of a tour, even though i unfollowed both fleetwood mac and love nation. they are dumping money in advertising like crazy.

You're not going?!
Old 04-29-2018, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
You're not going?!
where?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-29-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
where?
Save your money for the Lindsey solo tour!
Old 04-29-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will the money guys (promoters?) give Fleetwood Mac seven figures for each concert this time out? Will the breakup of the classic 5 lineup lower the pay? Will the band play fewer or smaller arenas? It's scheduled to play L.A. Forum for two nights, which is something the classic 5 would have done, too.

Say, what about an opening act? Maybe a bigger name than normal for an opening act? Like a Stevie Nicks + Pretenders bill, what about a Fleetwood Mac + Rufus Wainwright bill? A Fleetwood Mac + Axwell Ingrosso bill? A double bill gives us a little extra for the money. Who'd make a good bill with the Fleetwood Macheads?
  • Cheat Codes
  • Matt Terry
  • Dua Lipa
  • Phases
  • DNCE
  • Rudimental
  • Flo Rida
  • Charlie Puth
  • Lauv
  • Michael Zager Band
  • Justin Bieber!
  • Calvin Harris
  • John Splithoff

Any of these guys would make great double bills, don't you think?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-29-2018, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Will the money guys (promoters?) give Fleetwood Mac seven figures for each concert this time out? Will the breakup of the classic 5 lineup lower the pay? Will the band play fewer or smaller arenas? It's scheduled to play L.A. Forum for two nights, which is something the classic 5 would have done, too.

Say, what about an opening act? Maybe a bigger name than normal for an opening act? Like a Stevie Nicks + Pretenders bill, what about a Fleetwood Mac + Rufus Wainwright bill? A Fleetwood Mac + Axwell Ingrosso bill? A double bill gives us a little extra for the money. Who'd make a good bill with the Fleetwood Macheads?
  • Cheat Codes
  • Matt Terry
  • Dua Lipa
  • Phases
  • DNCE
  • Rudimental
  • Flo Rida
  • Charlie Puth
  • Lauv
  • Michael Zager Band
  • Justin Bieber!
  • Calvin Harris
  • John Splithoff

Any of these guys would make great double bills, don't you think?
My money is on Justin Bieber, but he' d probably headline.........
Old 04-30-2018, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I gave in. Found out there was a Mick Fleetwood meet and greet. That combined with the fact I've never seen Christine live won over my feelings about them firing Lindsey. I'm still mad he won't be there but I've already seen him twice.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I gave in. Found out there was a Mick Fleetwood meet and greet. That combined with the fact I've never seen Christine live won over my feelings about them firing Lindsey. I'm still mad he won't be there but I've already seen him twice.
You doubted there will be mick m&g?

I guess you have extra 1.5 k to spend.

I’ve done micks m&g bunch of times, when it actually came with good seats. Not worth it. Eventually I just skipped micks m&gs and picked up my tix. Now to spend $650 or whatever he’s charging when it doesn’t come with seats? No way.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You doubted there will be mick m&g?

I guess you have extra 1.5 k to spend.

I’ve done micks m&g bunch of times, when it actually came with good seats. Not worth it. Eventually I just skipped micks m&gs and picked up my tix. Now to spend $650 or whatever he’s charging when it doesn’t come with seats? No way.
So you don't actually get to meet him? Darnit I knew I should've said no! I was literally given a minute to decide. If I had more time I would've come on here and asked everyone's opinions
Old 04-30-2018, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’ve done micks m&g bunch of times, when it actually came with good seats. Not worth it. Eventually I just skipped micks m&gs and picked up my tix. Now to spend $650 or whatever he’s charging when it doesn’t come with seats? No way.[/QUOTE]

Ha, ha, ha I've done the same thing! I hope and pray he's bombarded with Lindsey questions. Make him squirm for that meet and greet money. Someone should hold up one of those LA signs and ask if he's seen them.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
How much is Fleetwood asking for a meet & greet?

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-01-2018, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
How much is Fleetwood asking for a meet & greet?
600-700. And that's separate from the ticket :')
Old 05-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

@leahsolmaz

@ellellew

@leahsolmaz

I love Lindsey, Elle, probably not as much as you but I still love him. That said, this band is still Fleetwood Mac without him and you can bet whatever it was, they had a darn good reason to let him go. It is a not a decision they would have made lightly as they know their fan base really respects and admires Lindsey.
It is Fleetwood Mac. Not Fleetwood Buck. So long as Mick and John are involved it will always be Fleetwood Mac. It was Fleetwood Mac on The Tango in the Night Tour. It was Fleetwood Mac when they made Behind the Mask. Even the Time line up was still Fleetwood Mac...because they had Mick and John.
Living in Australia means I need to spend about $3000 to see them factoring in flights and a few nights accommodation. But I am seriously considering it.