User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
How do you/we know that Stevie has not in fact told Mick "I will NEVER work with Lindsey on a new FM record ever again"...Personally I think she has in fact told Mick this and it looks like Mick has tried every trick in the book short of firing her to try and get her to change her mind...How many years since the last full FM record???Looks like Stevie is standing her ground and Mick is unwilling to give up his "cash cow" touring revenue in order to move FM forwards...

'We will undertake a new album. A whole album. We have plenty of songs'
Stevie Nicks, December 7th 2015

So they wait.
and wait.
and wait some more.

Do you really think they'd hang around waiting if she'd unequivocally told them she wouldn't do an album? She's being a big tease.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

So they wait.
and wait.
and wait some more.

Do you really think they'd hang around waiting if she'd unequivocally told them she wouldn't do an album? She's being a big tease.
Yes!!!
As long as Stevie is able to hold the big touring revenue over their heads they (Mick) will continue to kiss her butt...
Old 09-08-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Yes!!!
As long as Stevie is able to hold the big touring revenue over their heads they (Mick) will continue to kiss her butt...
Oh please, he's been kissing that butt since 1978..
Old 09-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Oh please, he's been kissing that butt since 1978..
Except in 1991 . . .

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-08-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Except in 1991 . . .
she let out gas that year...
Old 09-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

So they wait.
and wait.
and wait some more.

Yeah, the billboard article reveals this to be true. She's playing the "maybe/maybe not" card. The rest of them need to release the new music now!
Old 09-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course, Stevie has written/co-written as many top ten hits as Lindsey and less top ten hits than Christine, Mac or solo.

Stevie
Dreams
Sara
Leather and Lace
Stand Back
(Note: Stevie didn't write "Stop Dragging My Heart Around" or "Talk To Me")

Lindsey
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Trouble
Big Love

Christine
Don't Stop
You Make Loving Fun
Hold Me
Got A Hold On Me
Little Lies

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-08-2016, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How do you/we know that Stevie has not in fact told Mick "I will NEVER work with Lindsey on a new FM record ever again"...Personally I think she has in fact told Mick this and it looks like Mick has tried every trick in the book short of firing her to try and get her to change her mind...How many years since the last full FM record???Looks like Stevie is standing her ground and Mick is unwilling to give up his "cash cow" touring revenue in order to move FM forwards...
BlueDenimLamp, I think you've hit the nail on the head. In light of her recent RS interview, I think that Stevie Nicks is FINE with the idea of TOURING with Fleetwood Mac ONCE every 2-3 years----but THAT'S ALL. Stevie has probably told Mick in private that she has NO intention of recording a new album with Lindsey Buckingham at the production helm. She loves him one minute and hates him the next. It's easy to go out on the road when you really don't have to see ANYONE except for the 2 hours onstage each night. Technically, with personal assistants and handlers in tow, she could spend a year on the road with Lindsey and not really talk to him much. Being holed up in a recording studio with the "creative genius" is another story. The ONLY two people interested in making a new Fleetwood Mac record at this point are Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie. Mick, John, and Stevie couldn't care less about an "album". Moreover, NONE of these members stand to make a DIME off of a new Mac album. The CASH comes in TOURING. Mick just wants CASH from touring. Stevie would rather hang out with Dave Stewart, her handlers, and solo gal pals..............and John wants to be lounging at home or sailing a boat. CASE CLOSED
Old 09-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
BlueDenimLamp, I think you've hit the nail on the head. In light of her recent RS interview, I think that Stevie Nicks is FINE with the idea of TOURING with Fleetwood Mac ONCE every 2-3 years----but THAT'S ALL. Stevie has probably told Mick in private that she has NO intention of recording a new album with Lindsey Buckingham at the production helm. She loves him one minute and hates him the next. It's easy to go out on the road when you really don't have to see ANYONE except for the 2 hours onstage each night. Technically, with personal assistants and handlers in tow, she could spend a year on the road with Lindsey and not really talk to him much. Being holed up in a recording studio with the "creative genius" is another story. The ONLY two people interested in making a new Fleetwood Mac record at this point are Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie. Mick, John, and Stevie couldn't care less about an "album". Moreover, NONE of these members stand to make a DIME off of a new Mac album. The CASH comes in TOURING. Mick just wants CASH from touring. Stevie would rather hang out with Dave Stewart, her handlers, and solo gal pals..............and John wants to be lounging at home or sailing a boat. CASE CLOSED
Mick & Stevie run the band...Lindsey may have the say in the studio but apart from that it's Mick and Stevie running the show...I suspect that Mick is more terrified of Stevie quitting than Lindsey...If LB quits Mick brings Rick back and problem solved...At this stage of the game a tour with Rick in the band would be almost as profitable as one with LB...
Old 09-08-2016, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick & Stevie run the band...Lindsey may have the say in the studio but apart from that it's Mick and Stevie running the show...I suspect that Mick is more terrified of Stevie quitting than Lindsey...If LB quits Mick brings Rick back and problem solved...At this stage of the game a tour with Rick in the band would be almost as profitable as one with LB...
If they're only adding one guitarist, my vote goes to Dave Mason, because he's also in the HoF.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-08-2016, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick & Stevie run the band...Lindsey may have the say in the studio but apart from that it's Mick and Stevie running the show...
you and Stevie both wish! that's why she's whining in the interviews advertising her solo tour how she doesn't want to be in FM team because there she's not the boss!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-08-2016, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey Buckingham is NOT going to quit Fleetwood Mac at this stage in his life. He is no longer the carefree, fly by the seat of your pants, creative genius, bachelor that he used to be. Although Lindsey already has tons of cash, I'm sure he would like to continue financially setting his young children and much younger wife up for life. Fleetwood Mac provides the touring CASH COW that he needs to do just that. Songwriting royalties from 30 year old songs only go so far.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
If they're only adding one guitarist, my vote goes to Dave Mason, because he's also in the HoF.
Didn't think of him...Plus he knows a lot of the songs...

My pick would be Jeff Beck...
Old 09-08-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Didn't think of him...Plus he knows a lot of the songs...

My pick would be Jeff Beck...
Oh my god.. we agree on something.... can you imagine...

Jeff Beck is too good for them, however..
Old 09-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Oh my god.. we agree on something.... can you imagine...

Jeff Beck is too good for them, however..
I believe FM actually wanted Jeff in the band (Before Bob Welch maybe) but none of them dared to ask him...