Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
this quote and Olive's "no it'$ not"are made up of different words but are identical - Christine = $
Her presence certainly up'd the ticket prices and attendance.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-03-2015 at 12:08 PM..
Old 02-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
On this tour yes...If CM had not returned you would probably not be hearing from FM until 2016 or 2017.
You got that right.FM were just here in 2013.They have no new music to promote,so why else would they be touring?And they should be ashamed of themselves if putting the bimbos up front was their idea b/c it shows nothing but disrespect to the REAL fans who paid out the ass to see a show consisting of the same selist as last year except for Chris's songs.I still can't figure out why I love them so damn much.They're a bunch of crazy,mixed up,dysfunctional,and last but not least,ungrateful people.The same goes for their management.But at the same time,we can't NOT go to one of their shows when they're in town.Anyone interested in group therapy?
Old 02-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Registered

Quote:
You got that right.FM were just here in 2013.They have no new music to promote,so why else would they be touring?A
Stevie did it for 10 years with little or no changes to
her set list
Old 02-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You're exactly right. What if's will always go the way of the fan's "agenda".
Right. And let's not forget what she told Jimmy when she teamed up with him. She wanted to sound like Tom Petty, who was becoming wildly popular. Even that instruction to Jimmy seems to have been a calculated move for commercial reasons. Regardless, Bella Donna is an excellent record and, to me, still her best.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You got that right.FM were just here in 2013.They have no new music to promote,so why else would they be touring?And they should be ashamed of themselves if putting the bimbos up front was their idea b/c it shows nothing but disrespect to the REAL fans who paid out the ass to see a show consisting of the same selist as last year except for Chris's songs.I still can't figure out why I love them so damn much.They're a bunch of crazy,mixed up,dysfunctional,and last but not least,ungrateful people.The same goes for their management.But at the same time,we can't NOT go to one of their shows when they're in town.Anyone interested in group therapy?
See, that's where I differ with a lot of fans. I will not pay to see a nostalgia show. The last FM show I saw was in 2005 or 2006. I've seen Lindsey on every tour except One Man Show -- and I sat that out for the same reasons: Give me something new or stay off the stage.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
Right. And let's not forget what she told Jimmy when she teamed up with him. She wanted to sound like Tom Petty, who was becoming wildly popular. Even that instruction to Jimmy seems to have been a calculated move for commercial reasons. Regardless, Bella Donna is an excellent record and, to me, still her best.
Most bands /artists hire producers because they want a certain sound. Why is Stevie any different?

Fleetwood Mac dared to be creative once after "Rumours" (Tusk) and when it wasn't instantly successful they ran back to the glossy/slick Rumours "Cash cow"sound/production and have not strayed far from it for the past 32 years.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:09 PM
reebokandlace
This message has been deleted by reebokandlace.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Most bands /artists hire producers because they want a certain sound. Why is Stevie any different?

Fleetwood Mac dared to be creative once after "Rumours" (Tusk) and when it wasn't instantly successful they ran back to the glossy/slick Rumours "Cash cow"sound/production and have not strayed far from it for the past 32 years.
It sold 4million double albums.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If you are looking for the producer to give your sound, you're probably doing something wrong. If you think a certain producer is the best fit for what you are trying to create, based on your sound and the producer's past work, that makes sense.

Tusk would have been a huge success for most bands. It's not true that FM hasn't been experimental since Tusk. Say You Will actually has some flashes of experimental bliss; it's just too bad the record as a whole was inconsistent.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It sold 4million double albums.
Yes and each "Double album" sold counts as two records sold. So really only 2 million copies of "Tusk" have been sold.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
this quote and Olive's "no it'$ not"are made up of different words but are identical - Christine = $
And the Rumours five adds up to $$$$$
Old 02-03-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Yes and each "Double album" sold counts as two records sold. So really only 2 million copies of "Tusk" have been sold.
What a flop!!!
Old 02-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What a flop!!!
Five or six years earlier, it would have blown their minds.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
Right, and all the fans here who keep holding their collective breaths for the band to release new music should rue the day she ever became so successful. Her success doomed the band.

I frankly couldn't care less if FM records ever again, and I don't go to their nostalgia shows because I'd rather hear fresh music, especially if I'm expected to pay a couple hundred dollars for a ticket. I just wish they would end this dance so Lindsey can go back to his solo career and put out music that is far more interesting and gratifying than what this band is likely to produce. If the four-song EP is any indication of the quality of music FM would release in a new album, I would definitely pass.

Overall, this is just such a waste of time. Here you have one of the least prolific, yet famous, bands of all time unable to put out new music -- a band that has inspired countless others and is often held up as a significant contributor to the history of rock. If this is how FM goes out, it's so terribly pathetic and sad. And it's all Stevie's fault.

Trust me, if Stevie f*cks up this reunion studio album I will join you in the Stevie Nicks bashing. Even though she is my favorite member, I would still prefer another FM studio album over another Stevie solo album. I really want to hear the new Christine recordings more than anything else.

I would be more than happy with this album if it was comprised of 6 new songs by McVie, 4 new songs by Buckingham, and 2 new songs by Nicks.
As long as this album comes out!
Old 02-03-2015, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
What a flop!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Five or six years earlier, it would have blown their minds.
Once again, Fleetwood Mac are followers of trends, not leaders.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The 37 greatest "Double Albums" http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2013-...double-albums/ "Tusk" is #14.