The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Registered

Default How many... seen "Rumours" tour ~???

This is something I have been wanting to ask here for the past few months... How many people here actually went to a concert during the "Rumours" tour??? I asked this on another message board of about 500 people and only myself and one other person had seen the "Rumours" tour...

If so, where did you see Fleetwood Mac ~ on the "Rumours" tour...???
I saw them here in Louisville, Kentucky... September 21st, 1977... and Stephen Bishop was their opening act... at Kentucky Fair and Expo Center, otherwise known as Freedom Hall...

"I Will Never Forget The Night" ~ ~ ~...

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 06-18-2009, 04:04 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonWaterPoet View Post
This is something I have been wanting to ask here for the past few months... How many people here actually went to a concert during the "Rumours" tour??? I asked this on another message board of about 500 people and only myself and one other person had seen the "Rumours" tour...

If so, where did you see Fleetwood Mac ~ on the "Rumours" tour...???
I saw them here in Louisville, Kentucky... September 21st, 1977... and Stephen Bishop was their opening act... at Kentucky Fair and Expo Center, otherwise known as Freedom Hall...

"I Will Never Forget The Night" ~ ~ ~...

Donnie Wayne ~
Thought So!!! ~~~...

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 06-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that there are a couple of people on this board who had seen them on the Rumours tour. I know ChiliD for sure. I did see the Tusk Tour at Madison Square Garden In October of 1979.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw them in Phiily in July of 1978.It was a great show. The highlight for me was they featured Sisters of the Moon from their upcoming new release.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Ledgie

Well, my mom saw them in 1977 . Does that count?
Old 06-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I saw them in Phiily in July of 1978.It was a great show. The highlight for me was they featured Sisters of the Moon from their upcoming new release.
Wow..this is awesome!! A preview of SOTM? How cool is that?!
Old 06-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love to hear some more details about the tour from those who were actually there.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will do my best it was 31 years ago and I was a young buck at the time. It was an outdoor concert at JFK Stadium in Philly on July 31st 1978. Fleetwood Mac was the last act to go on.I know Bob Welsh was one of the performers and I was hoping Mick and John and Christine would join him for a couple of tunes but it didn't happen.I remember it was the first time I saw Lindsey with his short hair (shaved beard, stash, afro gone) The crowd was a bit taken back.They did Sisters of the Moon at the end of the show and the crowd went nuts.Rumours was so palyed out by the summer of '78 it was nice to hear something new.I have only missed one Fleetwood Mac tour since and that was the Tusk tour.My family was heading north for Thanksgiving and I didn't have much of a choice. I have made all of Stevie's tours, Lindsey's last two, I have met Stevie in 1994, Mick in 1996 and have one heck of a collection of treasures from the years. I heard I Don't Want to Know on the radio in the spring of 1977 and that was it, I was hooked.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Ledgie

Thumbs up Fleetwood Philly 78

I was there too and quite taken back by Lindsey's haircut. For a moment there I thought I was at the wrong concert. I thought he looked cool with the fro and beard, a real hippy, and was disappointed at first. But I enjoyed the concert and got excited about the new song.
I thought the release of Tusk was imminent, I couldn't wait, but it didn't come
out for over a year!!
I bought my first car to go down with my friends and enjoyed the day, though I seem to recall it was hot out there on the fifty yard line..
Old 06-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish I saw a Rumours show!!! My first Fleetwood Mac show was the Tusk tour.

Last edited by Haunted_Song; 06-18-2009 at 01:27 PM..
Old 06-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It was very hot....I was around the 50 yard line also.. Wow that's wild!
Old 06-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Ledgie

Exclamation Hot July day

That is wierd. We may even have bumped into each other!!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, as Angel69 said, I saw 'em back then...I don't know exactly how many times, since the era from 1975-78 kind of all blended together...probably 30+ times in that era. To me, they never seemed to actually end one tour and begin another...they seemed to still be doing the occasional show here & there in midst of recording Rumours. I remember a show at the Universal Amphitheatre in June 1976 where they debuted "You Make Loving Fun"...plus, they'd been playing "Go Your Own Way" since November of 1975.

I always liked when they'd toss in a "golden oldie"...like in May '76 when they played at UC Santa Barbara (where they filmed the outdoor live portions of the "Rosebud" video) and opened with "Sunny Side Of Heaven". Or, when they opened for Dave Mason at the Forum in late '75 and played "Rattlesnake Shake" as their closing song (yes, with Lindsey singing!) Or, in March 1977 when they dropped "Spare Me A Little" and played "Believe Me" instead...then shocked us all with Danny K's "Tell Me All The Things You Do" for the encore. All through that time, they still played "Station Man", "Oh Well", "Green Manalishi", & "Why", too.

To me the best and worst stretch of shows they did in that time was in August 1977 at the GW Forum in LA. Best: they were tight and high-energy...one of the all-time best "Rhiannon"s was from that stretch. The "worst" part was 1) they'd dropped all pre-75 tunes except for "Oh Well" and 2) after seeing them 3 nights in a row during that Forum stand, they played the exact same set, said the exact same things at the exact same point in the show. It was like watching a videotape of that first night. That was a first for me...prior to that, they'd rotate songs in & out of the set, even though they'd play pretty much the same basic songs, but in a different order (except for about the first 4 and last 3)
Old 06-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
plus, they'd been playing "Go Your Own Way" since November of 1975.
So, when Rumours came out, you already thoroughly knew the song, huh? That's pretty amazing.

Michele
Old 06-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw them at UCLA at Pauley Pavilion in '77 & also at the UCSB stadium. Stevie cried & then laughed & then cried again during "Landslide" or one of the other songs, & some college students next to us said, "What's the matter with her?" My friend Jennifer Perkins took photos, & after graduating high school she went to the Eastman Kodak School of Photojournalism (?) & I think later took some photos for Life mag.

moviekinks.blogspot.com