Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2004, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Desperate Housewives

Anyone else hooked?

~Alex

Old 10-31-2004, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing
Anyone else hooked?

~Alex
Um, i already started a thread about this, there are pages n pages...wait, i dunno if i started it, but there is definitely a thread. yes, i'm hooked!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-01-2004, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tonight was so much better than last week. I thought it was losing steam but I enjoyed tonight's ep.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh yes, VERY good episode. Mary Alice's son is tooooooo creepy, I love it! And that mother in law - what a hoot! Maybe she'll stab her to death with her knitting needles!

Paula
Old 11-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Grrr...missed all but the last couple of minutes

Was THRILLED when I saw Terri Hatcher kissing the "plumber" though....even though he's potentially a "bad guy"

And I like that actress who played that one lady's mother--she's the perfect Mexican Mother man...she hilarious!!! I'm peeved that I missed her - I may actually make an effort to stay home next Sat. and watch the repeat...

Was Edie in this ep at all?
Old 11-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
And I like that actress who played that one lady's mother--she's the perfect Mexican Mother man...she hilarious!!! I'm peeved that I missed her - I may actually make an effort to stay home next Sat. and watch the repeat...

Was Edie in this ep at all?
That actress played the mom in "Real Women Have Curves" (great movie, btw!) She's excellent.

And no Edie this week.

Paula
Old 11-01-2004, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

I missed the last half hour cause i had to return lord of the rings 3 (which i didn't get to watch ) before Boston Legal came on. did i miss any "important" plot points?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 11-01-2004, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
That actress played the mom in "Real Women Have Curves" (great movie, btw!) She's excellent.

And no Edie this week.

Paula
Yeah - that was a great movie.... Now I'm homesick lol...went from an area that was mostly Mexican/Hispanic....now Im in Rochester lol...

She was also the crazy psycho fan club president in Selena lol....
Old 11-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I missed the last half hour cause i had to return lord of the rings 3 (which i didn't get to watch ) before Boston Legal came on. did i miss any "important" plot points?

Hmmm... OK, the chick who's banging her gardener? Her mother-in-law is staying with them & hubby suspects something's up, so he cried to his mama. She then SLAPPED him across the face, cuz "our family does NOT cry about our problems." She told him she'd "take care of it" and hasn't let the daughter-in-law out of her sight since, making it very difficult to bang the gardener, lol.

So daughter-in-law took mama shopping & stuck a shirt in her bag - when mama went to run after her, the alarm went off & security took her, enabling daughter-in-law to bang her gardener.

After that, mama told her a story about hubby's papa. Hubby thinks he ran off with a waitress, but mama implied that she "took care of him", kind of threatening to do the same to daughter-in-law.

Gotta get back to work, I'll write more later if no one else fills you in.

Paula
Old 11-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm back for a bit:

Teri Hatcher was asked to watch her neighbor's cat, so when she went to feed it she found that the neighbor's house was broken into. She found a screwdriver on the counter, so she gave it to the police to get fingerprints. Then the cop asked her out & she said yes.

In the meantime, plumber guy meets some creepy older guy in the park & tells him he "screwed up by leaving something behind." The old guy tells him there's no room for screw-ups and says that he has a hunch that at least one of the neighbors is bad news & he needs to get the job done (I can't remember exactly how he put it...) Later we see one screwdriver missing from plumber's tools.

So Teri goes out with the cop, she sees the screwdriver in his trunk even though he said he gave it to the lab. Teri gets mad that he lied & walks away from him even though she's in a bad area ot town. She calls her daughter, who sends plumber to pick her up. He does, sees the screwdriver. Teri tells him what happened. Asked him what he thinks about her. Then he kissed her.

Paula
Old 11-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last one : OCD lady invites Mary Alice's son over for dinner (kids are on a trip & hubby's still staying at a motel so she's lonely, plus feels bad for the kid.) They start talking about the holidays, how his mom loved the holidays & how it will be hard this year. OCD lady tells him that HER mom died after being hit by a car when she was little, says she never told anyone about it before.

Kid says "I know why my mom killed herself, it's because of something I did." Then when she starts to ask about it, he starts shaking & freaks out & takes off.

She tells the friends, they all agree they need to get more info. So she goes to the house to invite him over again & kid & dad are fighting. Kid lies & says everything's fine, then you see dad's bloody lip. Kid says he will come to dinner, then OCD chick cancels when hubby asks her out to dinner.

So while they're out, crazy kid breaks into their house & decorates it completely with his mom's Xmas decorations (WTF?) The cops come & they all ask him why he did it, and he says.............................................................

"I don't know"

At the end of the episode, you see dad drive crazy kid away.

Paula
Old 11-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow--last night's episode DOES sound good - I think I'll try and catch the repeat....

Well I WAS happy about the plumber...now though.....I just don't know now...damn secret lives....
Old 11-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By the way, Paula - thanks for that great and comprehensive re-cap of DH - it was awesome...
Old 11-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
By the way, Paula - thanks for that great and comprehensive re-cap of DH - it was awesome...

Heh, thanks - yeah, after I wrote it I was like "whoa, I know WAY too much!" Of course, now I have to start trying to remember the characters' names instead of referring to them as their traits/actions.

Paula
Old 11-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Heh, thanks - yeah, after I wrote it I was like "whoa, I know WAY too much!" Of course, now I have to start trying to remember the characters' names instead of referring to them as their traits/actions.

Paula

Oh I know - I don't know why their names won't stick - I remember Edie (Slutty blonde) and Lynette - the mother with the hpyer kids....that's pretty much it though...