Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Fleetwood Mac played a corporate gig recently? I didn't know that.
But that is interesting. If the band cut him off in February I imagine that the seeds of whatever was going on had already started so I guess it makes sense.

And if that's true about Stevie then it's pretty ridiculous. While we don't know much details, we do know for sure (thanks to Rick Turner's comments) that Lindsey wanting to do some solo dates had a big role in this so that's just unfair if true.
What I'm reading is that Lindsey walked out.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
What I'm reading is that Lindsey walked out.
Been down one time..been down two times..and never going back again.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy... between this and the tour dates being announced people are going to lose their minds around here all over again.
Well, those who have possession of one.

People are always free to take a break, when it feels too overwhelming.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Corporate gigs probably don’t count, since those private events that are typically not advertised and are closed to the general public. I know that they did one in 2014 before the first proper show. It’s not something promoters would have objections with.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-22-2018, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Corporate gigs probably don’t count, since those private events that are typically not advertised and are closed to the general public. I know that they did one in 2014 before the first proper show. It’s not something promoters would have objections with.
We need to hear more about this corporate gig.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
We need to hear more about this corporate gig.
You mean the 2014 gig that had footage used in some Sunday morning news piece about the band? It was either CBS or NBC. I think it was considered a warmup gig.

As for Stevie’s possible corporate gig, it’s not something promoters would consider competition to a Fleetwood Mac tour and the corporate show’s sponsors likely pay for any insurance for the talent, so no money coming out of the pockets of the band. From a business perspective, it has zero bearing on the Fleetwood Mac tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-22-2018, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You mean the 2014 gig that had footage used in some Sunday morning news piece about the band? It was either CBS or NBC. I think it was considered a warmup gig.

As for Stevie’s possible corporate gig, it’s not something promoters would consider competition to a Fleetwood Mac tour and the corporate show’s sponsors likely pay for any insurance for the talent, so no money coming out of the pockets of the band. From a business perspective, it has zero bearing on the Fleetwood Mac tour.
No the coporate gig that LB supposedly walked out of recently. This is not confirmed.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the reason this all happened is, LB does not want to be part of an oldies act and was not enthused about going out on tour with no new music. (Stevie's fault). So I'm guessing this lead to much friction between he and SN (he blames her for that) and it came to a head either at the corporate event for during negotiations for the new tour.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I think the reason this all happened is, LB does not want to be part of an oldies act and was not enthused about going out on tour with no new music. (Stevie's fault). So I'm guessing this lead to much friction between he and SN (he blames her for that) and it came to a head either at the corporate event for during negotiations for the new tour.
Completely agree, although there are probably a lot more layers to it than just that.

The corporate gig story notwithstanding, because it’s the first I’ve heard about it, let’s just assume it was a basic war of wills. My experience in the industry is extremely basic compared to the machinery of Fleetwood Mac, and even then it’s more complex than I would have ever dreamed, so I can only imagine what happened there. In other words, the final blowout might have been something that would have just been another fight in most circumstances, but the added industry pressures turned it into something bigger. Again, we don’t really know what went down, which is why I’m reserving judgment.

If nothing else, I love that even at this late stage, Fleetwood Mac continues being one of the greatest sh*tshows in rock. It’s like they’re watching Yes and trying to top it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-23-2018, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If nothing else, I love that even at this late stage, Fleetwood Mac continues being one of the greatest sh*tshows in rock. It’s like they’re watching Yes and trying to top it.
Unless the members of yes 'past and present' were banging each other then it is already no contest.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

However, it brings a story to mind: I sat next to Judith Light on a trip to LAX from JFK. I got to chat with her for 6 hrs. She said to me, "Part of my job is to touch and talk with as many fans as I can. I enjoy it. And it reminds me that my art is nothing without them" I was shocked when she said that to me. I personally would hate to be famous. I mean look at the folks here on The Ledge.
Some of them are plum crazy. Imagine what it's like out there. :lol
OMG JUDITH LIGHT
i'd have died

But come on, do you blame Stevie for not engaging?
absolutely think it's wrong and you should always be humble and grateful that you have ONE fan let alone millions but ...
some of her 'fans' are utter psychos
Old 04-23-2018, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yes, basically any inference that Lindsey has been difficult to work with has usually come from Stevie. Throw in Tom Petty and Mike Campbell onto that list too as being able to work with him.

Maybe she's a giant pain in the ass to work with and after 10/20/30/40/50+ years, he just doesn't give af about it and says what he thinks.

Likely, they're both annoying and while Lindsey seems to be able to want to work with her, she just has no interest in even trying. Ugh...I find this whole thing to be increasingly irritating daily.
um, no. Ken Caillat has indicated he was no picnic to work with, as has Richard in his own way. Maybe not every minute of every day, but yeah, he could be intense in a not-great way in the studio.

Even within the band- Mick called him a "martinet" in his first book, which, if you look it up, is basically a fancier way of saying "d*ck". Christine has said in the beginning he was kind of aloof and quite moody-- she said the song Over My Head was a lot about him "you can take me to paradise/then again you can be cold as ice" "Your mood is like a circus wheel/you're changing all the time" and so on. She played it out into a love song but the impetus was him... And when she talks now about how he's changed, and become more easygoing, well, she's saying he wasn't those things in the past.
He was pushy with John, trying to tell him how/what to play from the early days and John pushed back and set him straight.

So, while Stevie got the worst of it, no, she was not the only one to say he was difficult, or if you prefer, "challenging" to work with.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
um, no. Ken Caillat has indicated he was no picnic to work with, as has Richard in his own way. Maybe not every minute of every day, but yeah, he could be intense in a not-great way in the studio.

Even within the band- Mick called him a "martinet" in his first book, which, if you look it up, is basically a fancier way of saying "d*ck". Christine has said in the beginning he was kind of aloof and quite moody-- she said the song Over My Head was a lot about him "you can take me to paradise/then again you can be cold as ice" "Your mood is like a circus wheel/you're changing all the time" and so on. She played it out into a love song but the impetus was him... And when she talks now about how he's changed, and become more easygoing, well, she's saying he wasn't those things in the past.
He was pushy with John, trying to tell him how/what to play from the early days and John pushed back and set him straight.

So, while Stevie got the worst of it, no, she was not the only one to say he was difficult, or if you prefer, "challenging" to work with.
I don't think it's ever been a secret that he's a very intense, difficult guy to deal with, at least in the studio. But we, and the band know, that he has the artistic vision that the rest of them lack, and THAT'S WHAT CATAPULTED THEM TO STARDOM. But now that they've embraced their "oldies act status"(by you know who refusing to record), so why the hell do they need a visionary?

Just play Dreams until you choke on it...
Old 04-23-2018, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Worst. Stevie song. Ever.
no.
that's Cheaper Than Free
Old 04-23-2018, 04:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
no.
that's Cheaper Than Free
Agreed.

"What's faster than a fast car?"

"What's deeper than a deep well?"

Yikes.

Of course, those lyrics are not typical of Stevie; when she is on her game, she is one of the world's finest lyricists.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-23-2018 at 05:37 AM..