User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Josh...did you see Anderson Cooper on Oprah Wednesday? I forgot to post to remind you!
I saw it. It was incredibly heartbreaking.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moony
I missed the episode but I remember seeing the previews and tried to remember to let Josh know.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Yes.

I loved his segment (he cuts through the bull**** like no other), but the rest of the show was the pits. Oprah is so out of touch with reality that it's sickening. I lost it when she asked the woman 70 miles from Chicago who didn't have any running water "Is this the life that you dreamed of?" What a nutbag.

I stopped watching once her "special friend" Gayle trotted out onto the stage.
stop stilling from Kathy, Joshy! HAHA

But I like Oprah...she is good at what she does.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moony
I loved what he said about New Orleans (I'm paraphrasing):

"This whole show is about the invisible poor. When the mayor of New Orleans knows that there are 100,000 people in that city who don't have access to a car or can't pay for a gasoline, and yet he doesn't provide buses or bus drivers to get them out, that is the consequence when you're invisible. You don't get evacuated because no one knows you're there."

Old 10-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
stop stilling from Kathy, Joshy! HAHA
But Kathy is right! Something ain't right about those two.

Quote:
But I like Oprah...she is good at what she does.
Oh yeah. She devotes an entire show to being denied entrance into HERMES, and then expects to be taken seriously when she does a show about poverty and asks poor people such brilliant questions as "Is this the life you dreamed of?" No, she dreamed of living in a Maytag box in an alley and selling pencils by the side of the road with Ned the Wino.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But Kathy is right! Something ain't right about those two.
lol.

Quote:
Oh yeah. She devotes an entire show to being denied entrance into HERMES, and then expects to be taken seriously when she does a show about poverty and asks poor people such brilliant questions as "Is this the life you dreamed of?" No, she dreamed of living in a Maytag box in an alley and selling pencils by the side of the road with Ned the Wino.
Josh, how dare you make fun of the "poor" people of this country!

I like her anyways...oh well. And I respect her even more for what she is doing about the sex offenders!
Old 10-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"This whole show is about the invisible poor. When the mayor of New Orleans knows that there are 100,000 people in that city who don't have access to a car or can't pay for a gasoline, and yet he doesn't provide buses or bus drivers to get them out, that is the consequence when you're invisible. You don't get evacuated because no one knows you're there."
Did Oprah say anything to this? Because on her Katrina special she had the mayor on...and it basically had him coming out like the "helpless hero" of it all!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did Oprah say anything to this? Because on her Katrina special she had the mayor on...and it basically had him coming out like the "helpless hero" of it all!
I don't remember. I taped it, I'll look tomorrow. She basically made an ass out of herself, interrupting the guests constantly to make some "profound" statement that was instead simply idiotic.

I don't trust Nagin as far as I can throw him. Something is not right about that man.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
He has a really small penis, but he's still hot.
It's nearly impossible to make an accurate judgement on a guy's length from seeing him flaccid though.
Some guys are show-ers, but most are growers. From the pic I've seen, Josh looks to be about average flaccid length, but he could just as easily be of an above-average erect length.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

TO be fair, many if not the majority of the 100,000 who did not evacuate did not want to evacuate and refused to go to the Superdome, etc. I would say the number of people who totally could not evacuate was more like 10,000 if that. Remember, the plan was to evacuate the people to the Superdome (which many did) and then they could return to their homes after the storm. Had the levees held, as they always had up to this point, that plan would have worked. Sadly, the levees did not hold and all Hell broke loose and FEMA was caught with its pants down and demostrated how inept it is. I mean we can get food and supplied to Pakistan in 12 hours and it takes four days in our own country. Give me a break.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-13-2005, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
TO be fair, many if not the majority of the 100,000 who did not evacuate did not want to evacuate and refused to go to the Superdome, etc. I would say the number of people who totally could not evacuate was more like 10,000 if that. Remember, the plan was to evacuate the people to the Superdome (which many did) and then they could return to their homes after the storm. Had the levees held, as they always had up to this point, that plan would have worked. Sadly, the levees did not hold and all Hell broke loose and FEMA was caught with its pants down and demostrated how inept it is. I mean we can get food and supplied to Pakistan in 12 hours and it takes four days in our own country. Give me a break.
Must I post that picture of the buses? There is no excuse for that. They had next to no evacuation plan, they did very little to actually evacuate people, and they're just as much to blame for what happened as the federal government is due to one thing: inaction. They simply did very little to evacuate people. Whether people would have left or not is neither here nor there because they didn't gas up those buses, they did not provide those buses with drivers, and they did not roll around the city picking people up.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Must I post that picture of the buses? There is no excuse for that. They had next to no evacuation plan, they did very little to actually evacuate people, and they're just as much to blame for what happened as the federal government is due to one thing: inaction. They simply did very little to actually evacuate people. Whether people would have left or not is neither here nor there because they didn't gas up those buses, they did provide those buses with drivers, and they did not roll around the city picking people up.
I know about the buses, many of which BTW had been used earlier as the public transportation ran until Sunday. My point is many of those people were blocks from the Superdome and chose to ride out the storm instead of following instructions - it happens all of the time in hurricanes, trust me, I have witnessed it firsthand. Again, I am not talking about the people who literally could not leave their homes for a variety of reasons, those people were the ignored. I am talking about the able bodied people who no trouble leaving their houses after the storm and walking for blocks to loot non essential items.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am talking about the able bodied people who no trouble leaving their houses after the storm and walking for blocks to loot non essential items.
And those people do not make up the majority of people stranded and forgotten about.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And those people do not make up the majority of people stranded and forgotten about.
My point is that they were from neighborhoods adjacent to the Superdome area and they chose not to walk there prior to the storm.

In the end, people were foolishly stubborn and chose not to leave or evacuate to the Superdome. I am a little uncertain how you can argue against that with a straight face. You seem to be saying the city should have gone individually to 100,000 + people and made them evacuate, which I suggest is an impossible task.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My point is that they were from neighborhoods adjacent to the Superdome area and they chose not to walk there prior to the storm.
And I'm sorry, but being told to simply go to the Superdome to be taken to safety is and was a **** plan.

Quote:
In the end, people were foolishly stubborn and chose not to leave or evacuate to the Superdome. I am a little uncertain how you can argue against that with a straight face. You seem to be saying the city should have gone individually to 100,000 + people and made them evacuate, which I suggest is an impossible task.
Stop spinning. I'm suggesting that better plans should have been mapped out long ago, especially considering that government officials knew they were on such shaky ground with those levees and neighborhoods being below sea level. Telling people "Just go to the Superdome" is nothing short of ridiculous.