The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2002, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Will Lindsey Re-Record His GOS Songs For NEW Album?

What do you think? We can all expect many of Lindsey's solo album tracks to be on the new album, but will he just mix the tracks and put them on, or will he re-record the songs with the band?

Personally, I hope he doesn't change songs like "Red Rover" or "Down On Rodeo" at all. It would be nice to add Stevie to "Down On Rodeo" but "Red Rover" should just be as it is now just mastered.

On the same token, I don't want to feel like I got the GOS demos again, I want a refreshing sound, not jsut songs I've been playing for a year now.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

I pretty sure they'll be re-recording them, or should I say DID re-record them. It's been so long since they were first recorded and knowing Lindsey... I'm sure he has many things he doesn't like and wants to change on the tracks, perfectionist that he is. Plus, I just guessing here, but I don't think they would really flow with the rest of the album if they didn't re-record them....

But don't worry, they'll turn out great!! There's no doubt in my mind about that. Plus even if you don't like them... you'll always have the GOS demos to go back to.

Last edited by silversprings8; 12-09-2002 at 06:43 PM..
Old 12-09-2002, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From all the things I've read since 1995, would it really be NECESSARY to RE-Record them?? It seems since Mick & John pretty much recorded with Lindsey on most of those GOS tunes that HAD drums & bass, they wouldn't have to.

There's only a little tweak here & there needed on most of those tunes. What I'm interested in hearing is what Lindsey does with Stevie's demos (I'm pretty sure that some of her TISL demos that were circulating around that weren't used for TISL will probably be used for this new album).

I don't care if ALL of Lindsey's tunes are what we've collected as "GOS"...as is, those are great...it'll be interesting to hear the "final" versions to compare with what we've acquired already.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

...and... to know how would they sound if they have at least a little of Stevie's background vocals on them.

Song of the moment - The Ledge
Old 12-09-2002, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Cristian....

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian
...and... to know how would they sound if they have at least a little of Stevie's background vocals on them.
Please don't let her sing on Red Rover, that's the ONE song I want to STAY AS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2002, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Cristian....

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Please don't let her sing on Red Rover, that's the ONE song I want to STAY AS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, consider it done. If her voice shows up on that song, she'll have to answer to me.

No way did they rerecord all those songs. Most of them were pretty much finished and most of them already had Mick and John. It took Lindsey 10 years to record them, and you think he's going to rerecord them in a few months? Not happening. At most what happened, was the addition of John and Mick where they hadn't played and some Stevie harmonies.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Will Lindsey Re-Record His GOS Songs For NEW Album?

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGrass
On the same token, I don't want to feel like I got the GOS demos again, I want a refreshing sound, not jsut songs I've been playing for a year now.
Well, in reality, we should never have been hearing any of these tunes at all. Spoiled we are! I most definately believe that the songs won't change too much (though I hope Down On Rodeo goes back to its demo form!!) with just Stevie's vocals added here and there to his songs.

Matt
Old 12-09-2002, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up YEAH!!

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Dude, consider it done. If her voice shows up on that song, she'll have to answer to me.
Woohoo, Carne's got my back on this!!
Old 12-09-2002, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default GOS

Im sure they will be re-recorded, some of them anyway...Lindsey has a way about him that LOVES to constantly change things, and usually for the better...I would assume he'd make the songs more Fleetwood Mac - esque
Old 12-10-2002, 09:08 AM

Default Re: GOS

Quote:
Originally posted by ShangriLaTroubl
Im sure they will be re-recorded, some of them anyway...Lindsey has a way about him that LOVES to constantly change things, and usually for the better...I would assume he'd make the songs more Fleetwood Mac - esque
I strongly disagree. After all the work Lindsey put into the songs, getting them to sound just the way he wanted, it is highly unlikely that he would rerecord any of them top to bottom. He agonizes over every detail, and there's now way he could "re-agonize" over every single detail again in just a few months. We would have to wait for another three or four years if he did.

Consider this: Lindsey, Mick and John actually had to rerecord Stevie's songs. And that alone I'm sure took up most of their recording time for this album. If it is true that they are at the end of the mixing phase, there's just no way Lindsey's songs were rerecorded. Now what we should expect is one or two Lindsey songs we have not heard, and I guess that would include Peacekeeper. Unless of course that is one of the songs we've heard with a different name. Very much within the realm of possibilities is a potential change by Lindsey of some lyrics and new vocals on a song or two. But I just can't see him going back and changing all those guitar parts, except for a tweak here and there.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like most of the GOS songs the way they are, and don't think that any of them would necessarily have to be changed. Funnily enough, the one song that I'd like him to have reworked is my favourite off the whole album: Come. I like everything about the song apart from the tone of the solo guitar. It sounds really "artificial" and "lifeless"....I'd like to hear the same solo in a tone similar to that used for I'm So Afraid '97 and Tango In The Night. Fingers crossed.

p.s. Something tells me that if "Given Thing" is on the album, he may have done a teeny bit more work on it than he did for the GOS demo!
Old 12-10-2002, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Cristian....

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I.....agree with that.

Song of the moment - Talkin' To My Heart
Old 12-11-2002, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Cristian....

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian
I.....agree with that.

Song of the moment - Talkin' To My Heart

Yeah...LET RED ROVER BE!
Old 12-11-2002, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
Something tells me that if "Given Thing" is on the album, he may have done a teeny bit more work on it than he did for the GOS demo!
Ah, there you go making sense again.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want Murrow to stay as it is thankyou.

No harmonies with Stevie to take the edge off it please.

Oh, I agree as well, Red Rover as it is.