User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Put your headphones on and listen to the man. He's not mumbling at all. Maybe your sound system isn't that good. Mine isn't but I can hear what he says. Mick didn't call Mike to "feel him out". He was asked to join the band on February 1st. But I can talk to you till I'm blue in the face, you'd still come back with "was he pushing the band to move the tour back a year"? I'm done with this.
Finding the truth is more important than validating what one already believes. I can hear Lindsey say that he plans to "do a bunch of gigs" but much of the rest is very difficult to make out. He didn't mention any dates or specifics about the Mac tour. Based on the video, it's very possible that he was trying to convince the band to move the tour back a year so he could do more solo touring etc. and Mick gave up on Feb 1 and called Mike Campbell.

Last edited by Sugar Mouse; 05-21-2018 at 01:07 PM..
Old 05-21-2018, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Based on her statements, Christine apparently was not in the loop when all this first went down. Also, the 2019 date was never a direct quote - it was in brackets in the Rolling Stone article which means it was just an inference and not part of a spoken quote (see link below). Stevie just mentioned a delay until November - period. Someone, somewhere decided to make Lindsey's request for a delay seem completely unreasonable by extending it another full year beyond until the following November. When has Lindsey ever taken such an extended tour??? This extension strikes me as a complete fabrication.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...ingham-w519492
If you listen to Andy Greene's comments (from Rolling Stone), Andy says that the band contends that Lindsey wanted to delay the tour until 2019. That's what the band is saying. Whether that's true or not is a different issue. My guess is that it's somewhere in the middle. Lindsey was probably negotiating dates with the band and he was hoping to move the tour back until 2019 so he could do more solo shows in 2018 and the band became more and more frustrated and gave up on Feb 1 and called Mike Campbell.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
If you listen to Andy Greene's comments (from Rolling Stone), Andy says that the band contends that Lindsey wanted to delay the tour until 2019. That's what the band is saying. Whether that's true or not is a different issue. My guess is that it's somewhere in the middle. Lindsey was probably negotiating dates with the band and he was hoping to move the tour back until 2019 so he could do more solo shows in 2018 and the band became more and more frustrated and gave up on Feb 1 and called Mike Campbell.
Do you have a link for the Andy Greene interview?

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do you have a link for the Andy Greene interview?
See link below. Andy clearly says that the band says that Lindsey wanted to delay the tour for a year.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/pan...now/e/54308568
Old 05-21-2018, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry but the timeline doesn’t make sense. Even IF he said 2019 that could be January 2019 (and nobody has a quote saying that he did say this). The tour is starting in October which would mean they fired Lindsey for asking for a three month delay.

Is it at all possible that they hired Mike Campbell before Lindsey was fired under 1) a way to make Stevie “happy” and 2) to have a second guitarist to play the pre-75 stuff and not force Lindsey to have to sing and play songs he wasn’t interested in doing. And then Lindsey was like what fresh hell is this and was told after pitching a fit about it that he was fired because....?? Could that be the whole truth that’s even more appalling than what’s out there according to Kristen Buckingham (or however she worded it)?

The dates don’t make sense. If Lindsey said around the end of January that he was planning on touring with the Mac and then Mike was called on the 1st of February, when exactly was Lindsey fired?

I don’t think this group of old farts realizes that it’s harder to make up this **** in this social media age.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
See link below. Andy clearly says that the band says that Lindsey wanted to delay the tour for a year.

Yes, and we've been trying to tell you that the band has been feeding this BS to the masses. Lindsey never tours solo that extensively. And, please, don't come back with:"Isn't it possible that he changed his mind and wanted to tour extensively"? In life anything is possible. You asked a question, we've all been trying to answer it to the best of our abilities and you still believe the BS the band is putting out there. And that's fine. Go and see them, have a great time but stop asking the same questions over & over again. Watch the interviews, watch Lindsey's video, listen to Andy Greene and make up your own mind.

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-21-2018, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

In his introductory comments, Andy Greene mentions a delay of "a solid year". There is no November 2019 quote - that date is practically two years from January 2018!

Old 05-21-2018, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, and we've been trying to tell you that the band has been feeding this BS to the masses. Lindsey never tours solo that extensively. And, please, don't come back with:"Isn't it possible that he changed his mind and wanted to tour extensively"? In life anything is possible. You asked a question, we've all been trying to answer it to the best of our abilities and you still believe the BS the band is putting out there. And that's fine. Go and see them, have a great time but stop asking the same questions over & over again. Watch the interviews, watch Lindsey's video, listen to Andy Greene and make up your own mind.
I'm saying what the band is saying. That may or may not be true but the band is saying Lindsey wanted to delay the tour for a year. That doesn't contradict what Lindsey said after MusicCares. If that's not true, then Lindsey can say something but he hasn't as of yet. I'm assuming the truth is somewhere in the middle. Important to be fair to both sides rather than one-sided.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Sorry but the timeline doesn’t make sense. Even IF he said 2019 that could be January 2019 (and nobody has a quote saying that he did say this). The tour is starting in October which would mean they fired Lindsey for asking for a three month delay.

Is it at all possible that they hired Mike Campbell before Lindsey was fired under 1) a way to make Stevie “happy” and 2) to have a second guitarist to play the pre-75 stuff and not force Lindsey to have to sing and play songs he wasn’t interested in doing. And then Lindsey was like what fresh hell is this and was told after pitching a fit about it that he was fired because....?? Could that be the whole truth that’s even more appalling than what’s out there according to Kristen Buckingham (or however she worded it)?

The dates don’t make sense. If Lindsey said around the end of January that he was planning on touring with the Mac and then Mike was called on the 1st of February, when exactly was Lindsey fired?

I don’t think this group of old farts realizes that it’s harder to make up this **** in this social media age.
Andy Greene of Rolling Stone said:"They (FM) said that Lindsey wanted to wait a solid year" so Jan. 2019 would be correct but like you said, it doesn't make any sense.

I don't think he knew about Mike Campbell because on Jan. 27th he says he goes on the road with FM and doesn't mention Campbell at all. My guess is that he would have mentioned him if that were the case. Don't forget that Stevie said to Mick:"It's him or me" so I'll go with option no. 1.

I have no idea when Lindsey was officially fired. Probably in March after they hired Neil Finn.

They are totally underestimating the power of the internet and social media because now we can fact check.

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-21-2018, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Andy Greene of Rolling Stone said:"They (FM) said that Lindsey wanted to wait a solid year" so Jan. 2019 would be correct but like you said, it doesn't make any sense.

I don't think he knew about Mike Campbell because on Jan. 27th he says he goes on the road with FM and doesn't mention Campbell at all. My guess is that he would have mentioned him if that were the case. Don't forget that Stevie said to Mick:"It's him or me" so I'll go with option no. 1.

I have no idea when Lindsey was officially fired. Probably in March after they hired Neil Finn.

They are totally underestimating the power of the internet and social media because now we can fact check.
So let's go with that story ... that Lindsey told the band he wanted to delay things until January 2019. That would have meant that all the Oct/Nov/Dec 2018 shows (about 30 shows) would have had to be rescheduled to 2019 which would have been a logistical nightmare. I can see the band's view that they didn't want to reschedule thirty concerts into next year. And I can see Lindsey's view that the band should reschedule all those dates given all he's done for the band.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Discussions seem to be going around and around and around...

Just to clear up...
Stevie: 'We were going to go into rehearsals in June. He wanted to put it off until next November'
Clearly Stevie was referring to November 2018 (come on, it doesn't take a lot of brain power to appreciate that). That would have fit in with the solid year timeline of a tour start in January 2019.
Stevie said 'That's a long time'.
The interviewer clearly thought she meant November 2019. Now that would have been a long time.
Lindsey suggested he do some solo dates alongside the Fleetwood Mac shows instead of delaying. They said no.

In a twist of irony, their scheduled June rehearsals now don't take place until August anyway.
My guess is Lindsey wanted to time his solo work in line with the Mac tour. If it had come out in April he probably could have done a short tour. However, for whatever reason there was a delay on the release of his scheduled solo record.

Rescheduling the slated shows- would that really have been that difficult? Maybe... I don't really know.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-21-2018, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Discussions seem to be going around and around and around...

Just to clear up...
Stevie: 'We were going to go into rehearsals in June. He wanted to put it off until next November'
Clearly Stevie was referring to November 2018 (come on, it doesn't take a lot of brain power to appreciate that). That would have fit in with the solid year timeline of a tour start in January 2019.
Stevie said 'That's a long time'.
The interviewer clearly thought she meant November 2019. Now that would have been a long time.
Lindsey suggested he do some solo dates alongside the Fleetwood Mac shows instead of delaying. They said no.

In a twist of irony, their scheduled June rehearsals now don't take place until August anyway.
My guess is Lindsey wanted to time his solo work in line with the Mac tour. If it had come out in April he probably could have done a short tour. However, for whatever reason there was a delay on the release of his scheduled solo record.

Rescheduling the slated shows- would that really have been that difficult? Maybe... I don't really know.
Very clear, concise summary. I highly doubt Lindsey would have been so intransigent regarding dates that far out, especially given his video comments in late January.

The narrative being put forward now really comes off as nothing more than an excuse by the faction in the band already intent on ditching him and replacing him with a Heartbreaker (a dream come true for that FM member). They must have known Mike Campbell's birthday was approaching on Feb. 1st, otherwise they would probably have called him even sooner.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Very clear, concise summary. I highly doubt Lindsey would have been so intransigent regarding dates that far out, especially given his video comments in late January.

The narrative being put forward now really comes off as nothing more than an excuse by the faction in the band already intent on ditching him and replacing him with a Heartbreaker (a dream come true for that FM member). They must have known Mike Campbell's birthday was approaching on Feb. 1st, otherwise they would probably have called him even sooner.

...and just to add;
Lindsey hasn't issued any rebuttal as he has no real need to. What has been said and done has been said and done. I don't think has has any interest in a public slanging match. He's clearly disappointed but no matter what he says it isn't going to turn the clocks back and alter the course of history. He and his family know the truth and I'm sure that's all that matters to him right now. I'd say he's being dignified.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-21-2018, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Assuming you all are correct that it was November 2018 and not November 2019, you all think the band should have rescheduled thirty concerts to accommodate Lindsey's desire to reschedule the tour?
Old 05-21-2018, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Assuming you all are correct that it was November 2018 and not November 2019, you all think the band should have rescheduled thirty concerts to accommodate Lindsey's desire to reschedule the tour?
Yeah, they should of taken the extra time to actually DO SOMETHING CREATIVE! work on songs they have never done before, a new acoustic set with brown eyes, gypsy, and goodbye angel in the middle of the set.

Imagine that!