The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-03-2003, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink The all NEW Jonathan Todd contest!!!!

You know, we can't make this stuff up! LOL! There is a new contest. I guess Mr. Todd is still trying to find SOME WAY to come up with 1000 "happy emails," let alone the THOUSANDS that he said he has. Here's all you have to do:

"Tell us how you think we’re doing and make any suggestions for
improvements to your club." You can win tickets for a show!!!

Wooo Hooooo!

"Winners are responsible for transportation, lodging and all incidental expenses and applicable taxes. Winner agrees to allow their name, comments and state/country to be posted as a winner. Winner will be contacted by telephone. GOOD LUCK!"~Jonathan Todd
Old 06-03-2003, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: The all NEW Jonathan Todd contest!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tango
You know, we can't make this stuff up! LOL! There is a new contest. I guess Mr. Todd is still trying to find SOME WAY to come up with 1000 "happy emails," let alone the THOUSANDS that he said he has. Here's all you have to do:

Wooo Hooooo!

"Winners are responsible for transportation, lodging and all incidental expenses and applicable taxes. Winner agrees to allow their name, comments and state/country to be posted as a winner. Winner will be contacted by telephone. GOOD LUCK!"~Jonathan Todd
Are you freaking kidding me? Oh my gaw...I cannot believe what a disclaimer king he has become. We are teaching him well..hehehehe
Old 06-03-2003, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Oh I see, it's OK if a payoff for an ass kiss comes in the form of "winning" a ticket and it makes it all the more legit/innocent if the "rest" is to be paid by the "winner".

John
Old 06-03-2003, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
Oh I see, it's OK if a payoff for an ass kiss comes in the form of "winning" a ticket and it makes it all the more legit/innocent if the "rest" is to be paid by the "winner".

John
Old 06-03-2003, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: The all NEW Jonathan Todd contest!!!!

Quote:
Here's all you have to do:

That is very interesting - surely he realizes people will post negative things as well as positive things?

Old 06-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: The all NEW Jonathan Todd contest!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
That is very interesting - surely he realizes people will post negative things as well as positive things?
Maybe he is just trolling for phone numbers? He has tried to get ppls numbers who refused to give them to him, like SaraRhiannon, and Pip, and he got Louises from Blain Clausen at Immortal Records...so, he may want those phone numbers. Don't you just love the disclaimer...I need to make me on like that one too..
Old 06-03-2003, 07:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

They should have running contests like this from the beginning. Since this is the offical FM fan club, why not make it different from the ones usually offered by your local radio stations who always have contests for free tickets. How about dinner with the band? Or at least a meet and greet (one that doesn't involve $1,000)?
Old 06-03-2003, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You bring up an interesting point sodascouts. Mr. Todd neglected to say just how the "winner" will be selected. Don't they normally include that info in a contest?

I almost hear Mayor Kotch's, "How'm I doing?" If he would read his own message board, he'd have a clue. I guess the man really doesn't have a clue. If he wanted feedback as to how people felt, he'd pay attention to the numerous emails that were sent his way already. He'd pay attention to the phone calls that were made.

He must seriously need some positive feedback right now. I wonder why. The man could have just put ALL the fan club members names into a hat and drew a random name. He already has every fan club members name, phone number, addresse, and zip code. It wasn't enough. What he wants . . . are you still with me????? He wants some positive feedback.

There are people that will sell their soul to "the company store" to get a freebie. Listen up, JT: I don't want your posters. I don't want your Egyptian Jewelry. I don't want your "free fan club tickets" either. I already saw what they were like. Just give us your resignation, and we'll call it a day.

Here's a bit of Lindsey for you Jonathan:
Think of us, sweet darling when everything's going bad
Think of us, sweet darling every time you're feeling sad
Think of us, sweet darling every time you don't come . . . .
Can you feel the fever ?
Old 06-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seriously, aren't there rules for contests? I don't think you can make them up as you go along and change them at will. We all know how Jonathan Todd loves to change the rules once he's got you suckered in.

Don't you have to state how you're going to chooose a winner?

If you have 10 complaints and only 1 suggestion would that disqualify you?

Could you win if you only had one complaint but lots of suggestions?

What if one of your suggestions is that Jonathan Todd should be fired, can you still win?

Shouldn't there be a disclaimer stating that these are FANCLUB SEATS and unless you want crappy seats, you might want to think twice about buying your own ticket to the concert?

Shouldn't there be a few disclaimers like:

1. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK these ARE FANCLUB SEATS and you can do better on your own.

2. Void if you are someone who has not been happy with the fanclub and we find out your name is on the FIRE JONATHAN TODD PETITION.

3.NO GUARANTEES that you can "work the system" to win this contest.

4. Please note: If you happen to win this contest, don't expect us to take you up on any of your suggestions.
We tried this suggestion and complaint thing once before and it was a disaster. We didn't listen to any of the complaints or implement any of the suggestions the last time, and we won't be doing it this time either. There are never any guarantees from the Fleetwood Mac Fanclub.

5. We thought about having a random drawing for all the fanclub members, but that would have been the fair thing to do and everyone knows nothing about the Fleetwood Mac Fanclub is fair.

BTW...what every happened to that Egyptian jewelry contest we were promised?

Old 06-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Cour
BTW...what every happened to that Egyptian jewelry contest we were promised?

Maybe make that:

6. Under no circumstances should you expect promised Egyptian Jewlery.

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-03-2003, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here's a bit of Lindsey for you Jonathan:
OOOOOOO...Tango, you are so bad!!! I LOVE it..hahahaha...well, ok, now there is a contest that I would enter.

I would send him my phone number gladly if the prize was his resignation!! hahaha..If he was really such a good friend to Mick, he would resign. He has done nothing but destroy anything that he has put his hands on regarding this club.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default It's a contest for the members of the Jonathan Todd Fanclub

Quote:

I almost hear Mayor Kotch's, "How'm I doing?" If he would read his own message board, he'd have a clue. I guess the man really doesn't have a clue. If he wanted feedback as to how people felt, he'd pay attention to the numerous emails that were sent his way already. He'd pay attention to the phone calls that were made.

He must seriously need some positive feedback right now. I wonder why. The man could have just put ALL the fan club members names into a hat and drew a random name. He already has every fan club members name, phone number, addresse, and zip code. It wasn't enough. What he wants . . . are you still with me????? He wants some positive feedback.

Oh, he knows exactly what people think of him, have no doubt about that.

To all of his FANS this makes him look like he's interested in the feedback and he's interested in how they feel. He's got questions on his own message board that he HAS read that he refused to answer. Again, if there was nothing to hide he could just answer the questions.

This contest and what he wants to hear are as phony as anything else he's ever done. He's playing to the Jonathan Todd Fanclub Members.

They don't need your phone number when it's for the open message board contests, but when they're giving anything to the fanclub, all of a sudden they don't know how to find you and it's terribly difficult. 20 Mick signed flats only required a post from you and this ONE giveaway requires everything but your fingerprints. Like I said before, snail mail or Federal Express works just fine, I wouldn't trust that man with my phone number.

Tango, if he put everyone's name into a hat or had some other type of random contest that included every member of the club, he would stand the chance of having to announce a winner who isn't a fan of Jonathan Todd.

I AM serious about finding out what kind of rules there are for contests in the state of CA. Any legitimate contest would state up front HOW a winner will be chosen.

Old 06-03-2003, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
he would stand the chance of having to announce a winner who isn't a fan of Jonathan Todd.
BINGO!!!! Cause til he gets the charge back that I just got, I am STILL in there and nothing would piss him off more. And, trust me, if he contests my charge back I will enter every frigging thing and keep track of all of that **** too..
Old 06-04-2003, 12:01 AM
Ledgie

Thumbs down MR. TODD FIGHTING MY CHARGES REVERSED

WELL AT FIRST AS I POSTED TODAY ON ANOTHER THREAD I WAS GOING TO BLOW OFF FIGHTING IF MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY GAVE ME TROUBLE REVERSING CHARGES!!! THEY DIDN'T UNTIL FREAKING TODD SENT THEM 23 PAGES OF BS SAYING THERE WERE NO OTHER UNHAPPY FAN CLUB MEMBERS AND I NEVER ASK FOR MY MONEY BACK. MORE LIES I SENT EMAILS LETTERS AND TELEPHONED TO WHICH I GOT NO RESPONSE FROM FAN CLUB. THEY GOT THIS HOUSEHOLD FOR $120.00 AS I SAID BEFORE. WITH $60.OO OF IT COMING FROM AN 11 YEAR OLD. HE IS NOTHING BUT A SCAVENGER, WORSE PARASITE!! I WILL FILL OUT THIS FREAKING 23 PAGES AND FIGHT THE SOB'S NOW!!! I AM NOT AS MAD ABOUT THE MONEY AS AM ABOUT ALL HIS DAMN LIES!!! DON'T GET ME WRONG I DON'T HAVE MONEY TO THROW AWAY, BUT BEFORE I WAS JUST BEING LAZY AND DIDN'T WANT TO PUT THE TIME INTO FIGHTING. ALSO THOUGHT CREDIT CARD COMPANY WOULDN'T HAVE QUESTIONED REVERSING CHARGES. BUT TODD DID SEND THEM PAGE AFTER PAGE OF FREAKING LIES!!
I THOUGHT THE CRAP WAS OVER AND DIDN'T SAVE ALL MY LINKS TO HIS LIES, IF ANYONE HAS ANY WOULD YOU PLEASE SEND THEM MY WAY SO I CAN COPY AND SEND TO CREDIT CARD COMPANY. THANKS OK-LANDSLIDE t.landry99@att.net

Last edited by OK-LANDSLIDE; 06-04-2003 at 12:03 AM..
Old 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah but as the emails are going to him and not on the board people will never know about negative ones.